Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 16th, 2014, 08:38 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
I am a big fan of enemy signals moving around, like Recon, instead of knowing what and where the most difficult enemies are. It is one of the main reasons games like Galaxy Defenders is at the top of my list right now.
You should try Space Hulk if you like the whole unknown movement thing. It adds a ton of tension to watch the blips move around and have no idea what they are, and as the Tyrannid player, it is great fun to surprise the Marine by flipping over a "3" blip when they least expect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Oni View Post
I have to say I am about at saturation with games now. I have become relatively picky now because I am now struggling, even when it is just me, to figure out what to play. My buddy Stephen and I had games charted and would roll a d20 and and then a d4 to choose from about 80 games, if we couldn't figure it out, but now we would probably need 2 d20 rolls. That being said, I am KS 8 things right now, but only 6 are games.
Boy, again that sounds like a tough life.
Hello, pot you're black and yes I should try Space Hulk but every time I go to buy it I question is there enough game to warrant the price.
Old March 16th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
I am a big fan of enemy signals moving around, like Recon, instead of knowing what and where the most difficult enemies are. It is one of the main reasons games like Galaxy Defenders is at the top of my list right now.
You should try Space Hulk if you like the whole unknown movement thing. It adds a ton of tension to watch the blips move around and have no idea what they are, and as the Tyrannid player, it is great fun to surprise the Marine by flipping over a "3" blip when they least expect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Oni View Post
I have to say I am about at saturation with games now. I have become relatively picky now because I am now struggling, even when it is just me, to figure out what to play. My buddy Stephen and I had games charted and would roll a d20 and and then a d4 to choose from about 80 games, if we couldn't figure it out, but now we would probably need 2 d20 rolls. That being said, I am KS 8 things right now, but only 6 are games.
Boy, again that sounds like a tough life.
Hello, pot you're black and yes I should try Space Hulk but every time I go to buy it I question is there enough game to warrant the price.
Hi Kettle, I'd be happy to bring Space Hulk anytime, but it's tough to play another two-player game after a Heroscape tournament. Maybe we can set something up at another venue.

In terms of Kickstarter, Small Box Games has another project up. It's called The Nile Ran Red, and it contains three games designed by John Clowdus and illustrated by John Ariosa and CupidsArt. For those not aware, John Clowdus and CupidsArt used to be on Heroscapers forever ago, and John Ariosa is the artist behind most Summoner Wars stuff, as well as Mice and Mystics. Small Box Games consistently does great work, so it's probably worth a look.
Old March 16th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I looked at that. The intriguing feature of The Nile Ran Red is that it is 3 games in one box, including a big game for many players, a smaller game for 3-4, and a 2 player game (iirc). And, as you said, akden, he used to be one of us. This guy, in fact.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 18th, 2014, 03:28 PM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Till Dawn by Richard Launius looks pretty good. Looks like a fun after Heroscape tournament game. I couldn't help myself.
Old March 18th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Till Dawn by Richard Launius looks pretty good. Looks like a fun after Heroscape tournament game. I couldn't help myself.
Good choice.

I played Till Dawn with Richard at Dice Tower Con with my family. It played really well with a decent size group (between 6-8). We played three times in a row, because we enjoyed it so much.

If you like a game like Incan Gold, but what a bit more going on, than this is a great choice. It's quick and fun, but has some neat choices (esp. through player powers and interactions) that makes it like a gamer's version of Incan Gold. Excellent game!

Last edited by Aldin; March 18th, 2014 at 04:21 PM. Reason: fixed the happy 8
Old March 18th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

We'll play Till Dawn and Pairs, G-O. Looks good. What are we going to do when we grow up, and the kids aren't there? Or can stay up late?

I was browsing Kickstarter and came across War of Kings, which looks neat, but it (like many others) is a reminder that FTMP Kickstarter is a place where you put money into projects because you believe in them and want them to succeed, and not because you want a deal. You need to make a pledge of $70 to get the game? Ok, great, the early press is favorable, but...

= =
Old March 18th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
We'll play Till Dawn and Pairs, G-O. Looks good. What are we going to do when we grow up, and the kids aren't there? Or can stay up late?

I was browsing Kickstarter and came across War of Kings, which looks neat, but it (like many others) is a reminder that FTMP Kickstarter is a place where you put money into projects because you believe in them and want them to succeed, and not because you want a deal. You need to make a pledge of $70 to get the game? Ok, great, the early press is favorable, but...
4 people have paid $3,000 to get all the stretch goals and have all the minis prepainted... O_O
Old March 18th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Wow, I hadn't even noticed the minis weren't painted.

I do so love Heroscape.

= =
Old March 19th, 2014, 04:09 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For me, the most appealing part of Mercs: Recon is the Dwight Shrute mini. I'd like to use that in Zombicide or maybe even Heroscape.
Old March 19th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
For me, the most appealing part of Mercs: Recon is the Dwight Shrute mini. I'd like to use that in Zombicide or maybe even Heroscape.
I'm on the fence for this one. Not that I have the $$ to spend on it now, but it's tempting. But waiting until January 2015 (which might be April-June the way things often go with KS) is a bit for me to have that much tied up, so I may wait and see and maybe get it after it comes out, if I'm still interested.

Edit: Keep looking at MERCS Recon. Man they have such a long KS campaign that it gives me plenty of time to cave in. I mean, it could be a Christmas present to myself that I pay for very early and get well after Christmas. Hmmmm....

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; March 22nd, 2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old March 25th, 2014, 12:17 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Edit: Keep looking at MERCS Recon. Man they have such a long KS campaign that it gives me plenty of time to cave in. I mean, it could be a Christmas present to myself that I pay for very early and get well after Christmas. Hmmmm....
Have you seen the reception Myth is getting over at BGG? I wouldn't touch a MERCS KS product with a ten foot pole. That thread, and the many like it, are posts by people who really wanted to like the game, and the kindest thing any of them seems to be able to say about the rules is that the rulebook is bad, it takes an investment of hours to learn how to play, and the cards that are game components will never be right.

That suggests to me a serious lack of professionalism. No thanks, I hope those of you who got Myth like it & do not share that particular experience, but I would not want to throw money at them and hope that the product they one day ship me will be worth playing. Just wait, if it's good enough, the second edition will be just right.

= =
Old March 25th, 2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Have you seen the reception Myth is getting over at BGG? I wouldn't touch a MERCS KS product with a ten foot pole. That thread, and the many like it, are posts by people who really wanted to like the game, and the kindest thing any of them seems to be able to say about the rules is that the rulebook is bad, it takes an investment of hours to learn how to play, and the cards that are game components will never be right.

That suggests to me a serious lack of professionalism. No thanks, I hope those of you who got Myth like it & do not share that particular experience, but I would not want to throw money at them and hope that the product they one day ship me will be worth playing. Just wait, if it's good enough, the second edition will be just right.
I would agree with D_S and I backed Myth. I will say I haven't even begun to try to learn it due to the aforementioned unfortunate timing of KS projects gravitating toward each others release dates, but all of the comments have caused me to keep playing other KSs while I wait for the FAQ and Starter Game supplement that will be coming in wave 2. I have no doubt I will ultimately like the game, since I have watched the extended gameplay videos more than once , but it does cause me to hesitate to back Recon.

D_S, I normally would buy a second copy of a game like this anyway for extra minis (which are nice BTW), so I might wait for the 2nd edition now. Gives me more time to Defend the Galaxy for now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games