Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 20th, 2012, 12:29 PM

KnobleSavage is surprisingly tart
It's here!

My neighbor knocked on my door this morning and handed me a large box. It seems my first heroscape e-bay order was delivered to her house by mistake.

This order was a really cheap hodge-podge remnant from a RotV set, and the first Heroscape I've ever held in my hands. Unfortunately there was no rule book (Not a problem since those are all here on heroscapers). Even worse, there were no dice. (That's not really a problem either since I'll be getting dice with the sets I ordered from Onacara.

I'm a little surprised at how thin the cards are. For some reason, I was expecting that they would be printed on heaver stock. Doesn't really hurt the playability, but kind of disappointing.

The terrain was pretty much exactly what I expected. Snapping it together is very satisfying.

I have a question about what to do with "leaning" figures. There are several of them that, because of how they were packed, are leaning drastically to one side. What's a good way to straighten those back up?

Knoble

(Greedily rubbing his hands together in anticipation of the rest of his heroscape arriving)
Old September 20th, 2012, 12:36 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: It's here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnobleSavage View Post
My neighbor knocked on my door this morning and handed me a large box. It seems my first heroscape e-bay order was delivered to her house by mistake.

This order was a really cheap hodge-podge remnant from a RotV set, and the first Heroscape I've ever held in my hands. Unfortunately there was no rule book (Not a problem since those are all here on heroscapers). Even worse, there were no dice. (That's not really a problem either since I'll be getting dice with the sets I ordered from Onacara.

I'm a little surprised at how thin the cards are. For some reason, I was expecting that they would be printed on heaver stock. Doesn't really hurt the playability, but kind of disappointing.

The terrain was pretty much exactly what I expected. Snapping it together is very satisfying.

I have a question about what to do with "leaning" figures. There are several of them that, because of how they were packed, are leaning drastically to one side. What's a good way to straighten those back up?

Knoble

(Greedily rubbing his hands together in anticipation of the rest of his heroscape arriving)
Things aren't always as awesome as they appear. Bummer it was so junky.

As for leaning figures, I just push them back up and put them in a position where they can't bend back to their mangled form.

Hope this helps.

~Joseph Sweeney
Old September 20th, 2012, 12:40 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The card stock is pretty variable from set to set, wave to wave. Some of it is pretty sturdy... Some flimsy.

No dice? Did it have wound markers?

Grats on your first set!
Old September 20th, 2012, 01:56 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Put them into very warm to hot water. They will either align themselves back to their original position (know as "molecular memory"), or you can straighten them yourself. Then you dip into some cold water and you're all set and the figure will be fixed. Super easy to do.

Old September 20th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post

As for leaning figures, I just push them back up and put them in a position where they can't bend back to their mangled form.
I don't recommend this, though it can work, it can also break or at least weaken the figure. If you boil some water you can dip the figure in for a second or so depending on the thickness of the fig. This will weaken the plastic and make it more flexible. Then bend it back into position and hold it there while it re-solidifies. After this you may want to place it in the freezer for a minute or so, this will help to harden it in it's new position quicker.

I've done this a lot and it works perfectly every time, I've also broke/damaged a few figures trying to bend them back with out using the boiling water trick (the water doesn't necessarily have to be boiling, just hot. I've even heard some people have success with just using hot tap water, though their taps may be a lot hotter than mine).

When done properly this won't damage the figure or the paint.
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Oh, I hope I didn't sound dissatisfied. This purchase was worth it for the terrain alone. I knew what I was getting, and I'm not bummed. I only gave $16.00 for this partial RotV set.

The box indicates that there were 30 figures but I could only find 27.
I'm missing Agent Carr, 1 Zetian Guard, and 1 Izuma Samurai Figure.

I'm also missing a card for Thorgrim.

The 10 glyph tokens are all there. There are no counters, nor are there the little flags that indicate turns in the round. All that's okay though, as I'm going to be getting that in some future stuff.
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Did it have wound markers?

Grats on your first set!

Nope, but I figure, I can use pennies for that.

Thanks!
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:08 PM

Guys,
Regarding the boiling/hot water solution... won't that mess up the paper sticker that's on the base of the figure?

But I think I will try to steam some of these cards. They're in pretty sad shape.
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:32 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sometimes it can deteriorate the paper on the base, sometimes it won't. Can you hold it in such a way where the base is just ever so slightly above the water, at the figure's ankles?

Old September 20th, 2012, 02:41 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, I hope I didn't sound dissatisfied. This purchase was worth it for the terrain alone. I knew what I was getting, and I'm not bummed. I only gave $16.00 for this partial RotV set.

The box indicates that there were 30 figures but I could only find 27.
I'm missing Agent Carr, 1 Zetian Guard, and 1 Izuma Samurai Figure.

I'm also missing a card for Thorgrim.

The 10 glyph tokens are all there. There are no counters, nor are there the little flags that indicate turns in the round. All that's okay though, as I'm going to be getting that in some future stuff.
I've been known to take things to the extreme, so you probably didn't sound dissatisfied I just took it that way.

Yeah, Deroche's and TheSparkelInYourWater's idea sounds a lot better than my solution.

Happy Scapeing.

~Joseph Sweeney
Old September 20th, 2012, 03:17 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Auggie's is having a sale so you could pick up Agent Carr, Zetian Guards, and the Izuma's very cheaply. That would leave you 2 Samurai and a guard to produce some customs with.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 20th, 2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Assuming you're not getting a ROTV from Oncara.
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:56 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

If you use a hair dryer set on the hot setting then you can bend him back to normal form. Same as boiling water trick but the paper won't be destroyed.

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion