Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 31st, 2011, 04:22 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
Speaking of Tebow, how is he doing? From what I've heard of him, he's still trying to play like he's in college instead of working to become a pro QB (like my boy Newton).
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...ruggles_103111

-----

In other news the Steelers figured out how to beat the Pats, keep Brady off the field. Wow, was the D ever a sieve yesterday (simply horrible).

-insert signature here-
Old October 31st, 2011, 04:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ouch.

That's pretty harsh.

I don't doubt there's some truth to it, but it also seems a little low-class, which is not exactly what Detroit needs to be doing again this week (see Schwartz, J.; Suh, N.).

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 31st, 2011, 04:32 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Ouch.

That's pretty harsh.

I don't doubt there's some truth to it, but it also seems a little low-class, which is not exactly what Detroit needs to be doing again this week (see Schwartz, J.; Suh, N.).
Detroit embraces the Bad Boy immage...look at the Pistons of the 80's. Its what we are. So if the NFL wants us to be the Bad Boys...I say "Do It!!"

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old October 31st, 2011, 04:51 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Ouch.

That's pretty harsh.

Detroit embraces the Bad Boy immage...look at the Pistons of the 80's. Its what we are. So if the NFL wants us to be the Bad Boys...I say "Do It!!"
I don't see where the NFL wanted the Lions to do any of those things.

But if it works for you as a fan, go for it!

= =
Old October 31st, 2011, 05:41 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Yep, Steelers handed it to the Pats. I got the feeling all week long that it would happen when all of the news kept centering around Brady "owning" the Steelers. Pats won't be able to win anything without figuring out how to get off the field on 3rd down.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old October 31st, 2011, 06:05 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Speaking of Tebow, how is he doing? From what I've heard of him, he's still trying to play like he's in college instead of working to become a pro QB (like my boy Newton).
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...ruggles_103111
Harsh, but accurate. He has been really terrible. If Orton played half that bad, people would be screaming for his head. It really is an embarrassment to the organization that they are starting him - either they've written off the season and are cynically giving the fans what they want, or they are clueless.

It's really strange to me that a guy with such a great work ethic can't re-work his atrocious mechanics. Irrespective of that, though, he can't make the reads, and he can't make the throws.

Quote:
Also, is Luck really as good as everyone thinks he is? I do t follow college football, so I've never seen him play.
I've watched at least part of a few Stanford games this year, including most of the USC game last weekend, which was the first time they were really challenged. It's a bit tricky to evaluate him because Stanford leans on their strong power running game a lot. But when he drops back to pass, he looks like an NFL QB. He feels the pressure and throws into tight spaces in ways that you usually just don't see from college QBs.

I don't know that he'll be a superstar, but barring major injury, I'd be shocked if he were a bust.
Old October 31st, 2011, 06:36 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ouch.

That's pretty harsh.

Yeah, it won't bother me until Detroit is consistently good for a few years and then just like all teams, the ones that 'win too much' end up being the villains of the league. But for now... Go Lions!

-insert signature here-
Old October 31st, 2011, 06:43 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Yep, Steelers handed it to the Pats. I got the feeling all week long that it would happen when all of the news kept centering around Brady "owning" the Steelers. Pats won't be able to win anything without figuring out how to get off the field on 3rd down.
Caveat: I did not watch the game. What follows is a wild guess.

The Pats' lack of a defense or running game killed them. Ravens/Steelers is setting up to be a great showdown next Sunday night; the Ravens balanced offense - not better than the Pats', but more balanced - and good defense should make for a great game, not to mention it's the best living rivalry in professional football.

= =
Old October 31st, 2011, 06:53 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Caveat: I did not watch the game. What follows is a wild guess.

The Pats' lack of a defense or running game killed them. Ravens/Steelers is setting up to be a great showdown next Sunday night; the Ravens balanced offense - not better than the Pats', but more balanced - and good defense should make for a great game, not to mention it's the best living rivalry in professional football.
Pats are more balanced than most people think. They can run when they want, they just don't do it enough.

What really killed them was your first point, the defense. They could not get off the field. The Steelers had 5 drives of 10 or more plays! The Pats only had the ball for 21 minutes. It's hard to be balanced when you d sucks so bad.

I'd be worried if I was a Ravens fan. Awful loss to the Jags and a near loss to a bad Cardinals team does not bode well for a matchup against the hottest team in the AFC. Of course, everything goes out the window in rivalry games.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old October 31st, 2011, 07:13 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Ravens have been sickening to see. The Ravens-Jags game was just atrocious. Gross. Sickening.

Running Ray Rice is clearly the route to success, although Flacco to Boldin I also think is pretty important for the Ravens, something that worked during the 2nd half of the Cards game.

Overall though it hasn't looked good. But Ravens Steelers is usually pretty good. Who knows. Somedays Flacco looks like a rookie QB, and then some days seems to be striving to be a great QB.

As for the Manning thing, I will agree he is the most important player for a team ever. No player has ever been a more important asset to his teams chances. With that being said, I do not think that makes him the GOAT...he may do the most a QB has ever done, but QB's shouldn't have to do all that stuff. Caldwell is looking like a fraud of a coach in Indy there this year too now...but who knows. Indy's system worked really well for quite some time. They should lose this season, draft Luck, trade Manning who's presumably reaching the end of his career, and go have a decade of fun with Luck.

Finally...the Packers had a bye week...and come out of it looking all the more like the best team. Defense is giving up a ton of yards, but not a ton of points. And their pass defense may be giving up a ton of yards, but is 9th in Defensive Passer Rating, which is way more important than yards anyhow.

Still should be a good matchup against the Chargers. I have to think Aaron Rodgers can't keep up his 125 rating for the 2nd half of the season...but it would be fun to see if he could. Overall though, things look good from Wisconsin for now.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old October 31st, 2011, 08:50 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
Ravens have been sickening to see. The Ravens-Jags game was just atrocious. Gross. Sickening.

Running Ray Rice is clearly the route to success, although Flacco to Boldin I also think is pretty important for the Ravens, something that worked during the 2nd half of the Cards game.

Overall though it hasn't looked good. But Ravens Steelers is usually pretty good. Who knows. Somedays Flacco looks like a rookie QB, and then some days seems to be striving to be a great QB.
I think it's a scheme thing.

The Jaguars game was nauseating, but the Jags boast a top 10 defense and the Ravens, when playing unfamiliar teams, have to overcome their own schematic incompetence (Has Cam Cameron ever been successful as an OC or Head Coach? What did we do to deserve this clown?), but as you say that shouldn't be an issue against the familiar Steelers.

= =
Old October 31st, 2011, 10:40 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ouch.

That's pretty harsh.

NFL.com the NFL run website ran a huge front page last week that had the title "GOOD vs EVIL" and under the heading they had a picture of Tebow and Suh...it realy got under the Detroit Fans' skins and many people just decided to embrace their tagline, because we like the*Bad Boy* image

-ZB, big fan of the 80's Pistons

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV