Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old October 9th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

I like a very small, one-line thematic power than trying to make it more interesting. It's just a way to add a touch of "she fights dead guys" rather than have any major gameplay power.
Old October 10th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I could run with automatic success, less 'nerf' and release on wound easily - as I said, I was just guessing on the theme a lot here. It just seems that that confrontation with JD is a major part of JA's history, and it would be cool to represent it with a little more than just an attack boost.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 10th, 2013, 08:02 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I like a very small, one-line thematic power than trying to make it more interesting. It's just a way to add a touch of "she fights dead guys" rather than have any major gameplay power.
Same here.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 10th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Well, my suggestion probably isn't a massive gameplay power - it is still Undead specific on a a card with lots of non-Undead specific options, plus its once per game and can be counteracted. It just seems, from what I've gleaned from what Tornado has said, to be a little, fun, interesting boost which seems to nicely represent an iconic storyline.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 10th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am going to have to agree with johnny and cap here.

I do think your power is a better representation of Anderson but there are times when it is better to push some theme to the side in favor of a simple power with little text.
What would Matt Helm do?

With the push for more two power cards, I could actually go for dropping the power all together but the strength of the theme and the simplicity of the power helps me justify keeping it.

I will remain open to suggestions so feel free to throw more at me. I could really see using your power in a scenario someday if I manage to get all the Dark Judges and Anderson completed. Dredd and Anderson will need some kind of boost to take them on 2 vs. 4. I think I would add in that she could attempt to capture JD's 'spirit' anytime Judge Death is destroyed.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 10th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Hard as ice

I can certainly see the attraction to keeping it simpler - often I tend to be in a minority as one of the people who really likes more complicated powers/designs much of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think I would add in that she could attempt to capture JD's 'spirit' anytime Judge Death is destroyed.
That statement of yours has actually given me another idea! How would this work:

ENEMY OF DEATH

Judge Anderson rolls one additional die when attacking or defending against an Undead figure. Whenever an Undead figure within 4(?) clear sight spaces of Judge Anderson is destroyed, you may roll the twenty-sided die. On a roll of 16(?) or higher, that figure must be placed on this Army Card.

This, though a more niche power, save the stat boost, would fit a theme similar to my previous suggestion, be much simpler and cleaner, and can potentially effectively negate Death Never Dies, which, from what you've been saying, would seem to be very thematic. What do you think?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 10th, 2013, 03:50 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Interesting. I will have to think on that one. At first I thought it would counter Solomon Grundy also but now I am thinking it would not.

I do not think she would require clear sight but maybe should be closer, two or three hexes max. I would drop the roll and put a wound requirement. Like, as long as she has no wounds or no more than one wound.
She is unable to contain JD when weakened.

I certainly like that better. I am going to be reluctant to give up the extra defense against Undead, I like that more than the attack.

I will mull it over a bit. I have been thinking about a Judge vs. DJs scenario but I suppose I should focus on getting the designs done first.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 10th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you really want her to counter the resurrection bunch, you could say that the destroyed figure is removed from the game.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 10th, 2013, 04:02 PM

I thought of that Bats, but I could not decide if she should hold that much sway over Grundy and any other re-spawning Undead.

I am not sure if it is ever fully explained but I always got the feeling the DJs power is actually heavily based in psionics.
This is why Anderson is able to battle them so effectively. She could use her Psi powers to get her and Dredd through The Shield and to contain Death's 'spirit' inside her mind.
I am not sure if this should fully extend to other Undead.

I think she should have an edge against Undead but I am not quite sure she should be such a hard counter to Grundy.
A big part of this could be that I love Grundy.

On the other hand it might not be a bad idea to have counter to the re-spawning Undead. I know the issue was brought up while playtesting JD.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 10th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Hard as ice

Having a counter like that sounds cool to me. One counter that needs to be close to them to work wouldn't exactly hurt their draftability a tonne.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 10th, 2013, 04:11 PM

That is true LO. Anderson only has 4 Life and 5 Defense with no defensive power(outside EoD, +1 defense), so moving in close will be a risk when she will last longer using her range.

Lots to think about. Thanks gentleman. Go Tigers!

- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 12th, 2013, 06:20 PM

Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby!

Poison Ivy.
Life: 4
Move: 5
Attack: 4
Defense: 4

Human
Unique Hero
Eco-Terrorist
Insane
Medium 5

Power of the Plant 16
If Poison Ivy is adjacent to an Evergreen tree or jungle plant then you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher you may take another turn with poison Ivy. The power of the plant can only be used once per round.

Poison Kiss 10
Instead of attacking if Poison Ivy is adjacent to an enemy figure you may roll the twenty sided die. If you roll 10 or higher put 1 wounds on the enemy figure.
Robots and Androids are not effected.

My Youtube Channel

Eraguy816 is

in the Epic Fairyland Cave

Last edited by Eraguy816; October 12th, 2013 at 07:01 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy