Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 14th, 2022, 03:04 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
There was definite subtext that we'd be looking at more than 30 figures in the initial offering.
That’s certainly how I read it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 14th, 2022, 06:41 PM

KRUG! knows what's in an order marker KRUG! knows what's in an order marker

I was in on that chat from the start this morning, encarmine was definitely implying more than 30 figures in the initial offering. It was not 100% clear if that was all masterset, or masterset + expansion pack/s. Definitely seems whatever is initially offered, in whatever format, will exceed 30 figs.

Withhold no sacrifice,
grudge no toil,
seek no sordid gain,
fear no foe.
All will be well.
Old August 14th, 2022, 06:46 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
There was definite subtext that we'd be looking at more than 30 figures in the initial offering.
That’s certainly how I read it.
Who's going to start playing "Greater Than, Less Than" numbers games with Encarmine on the server, then? [EDIT: Oh, they already tried that. Silly me.] It's not the number of figures, it's the number of army cards that more accurately reflects the drafting pool. And when he said "days and weeks, not weeks and months," was he talking about information or availability of the new line?

This sure seems to be heading towards a crowdfunding run on Hasbro Pulse. How many info drops will we get before a countdown timer is prominently displayed on an Avalon Hill webpage?

Last edited by UtahScott; August 14th, 2022 at 07:52 PM.
Old August 14th, 2022, 06:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How many drops? More than one.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 14th, 2022, 07:02 PM

KRUG! knows what's in an order marker KRUG! knows what's in an order marker

What IAmBatman said…

Withhold no sacrifice,
grudge no toil,
seek no sordid gain,
fear no foe.
All will be well.
Old August 14th, 2022, 09:11 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
It's not the number of figures, it's the number of army cards that more accurately reflects the drafting pool. And when he said "days and weeks, not weeks and months," was he talking about information or availability of the new line?

This sure seems to be heading towards a crowdfunding run on Hasbro Pulse. How many info drops will we get before a countdown timer is prominently displayed on an Avalon Hill webpage?
I took the "days and weeks, not weeks and months" to mean information release, not product availability. It's possible we could see it released by Holiday 2022, but I highly doubt it based on the subtext of some of the information we've been given (units and set contents are still being finalized, as I understand it) in conjunction with the current supply chain and shipping issues. Likely we'll see it as early as next August.

As for how long we'll be receiving info drips, my guess is about two or three more weeks. The War Council will ramp up the juiciness of the info as the weeks go on, finally leading to either a release date announcement, a finalized set contents announcement, or a countdown timer to revealing either or both of the former.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 14th, 2022, 09:33 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

If it is a Haslab project (crowdfunded) it may be in a queue. Last year they had multiple Haslabs going at once and not all of them succeeded. I think they may spread them out in the future, and try not to have them going around the holidays.

The Marvel Legends guys have been dropping hints about an upcoming Haslab for them, so we may be after that. The current GI Joe one ends tomorrow, so HeroScape could still squeeze in before the holiday season if they go that way with it.
Old August 14th, 2022, 09:58 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sounds like doing it Haslab style would allow them to keep everything in-house, and control all the marketing and distribution the way they want, versus depending on big box stores. I have not experience with it myself, but I think I'd be good with this option.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old August 14th, 2022, 10:05 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Today's first (and only?) update dropped pretty early in the day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 04 – Wow, those dragons grow up really fast don't they... (Have a great weekend everybody!)

I am convinced that is Sonlen riding his dragon.

EDIT: Also, the filename for this image is "Heroscape_Social_009." The previous ones started at 1 and increased monotonically to 5. I am wondering if this is an earlier-than-planned drop!
The banner makes me wonder if they aren't remaking some (or all?) of the flag bearers. I could see them killing off (or just demoting?) Acorlarh and/or Hatamoto Taro and replacing them.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old August 14th, 2022, 10:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Having all this drip, drip, drip of info leading up to a big Haslab (ie. kickstarter) campaign announcement makes a ton of sense. Build momentum and excitement before launch and watch the pledges (hopefully) roll in. Meet and then exceed funding goals, unlocking more and more content. Having all the cost of ramping up production already covered by pre-sales, then deliver the product direct to customers in a year or so. Cuts out the middle men and keeps the price more reasonable. Could be a fairly big Master Set for the initial (expensive) buy in, with additional figures and new terrain being unlock goals you get for free. Once enough *free* stuff gets unlocked, the price looks really reasonable. Then if you want multiples of anything (squads & 3-D obstacles), add-ons increase the income.
Old August 14th, 2022, 11:09 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

I watched the HeroQuest crowdfunding campaign, but didn't participate. There were two tiers, the game itself or "all in" --including two reprinted expansions from the original run, IIRC. The "stretch goals" were small and spread out, maybe every 100K for an additional figure or an extra "squad" of grunts. There weren't add-ons presented then--maybe some were in the Pledge Manager? It's been awhile, others here who participated can correct me.
Old August 14th, 2022, 11:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I've never done any Haslab stuff so I don't know how Hasbro runs that. I have kickstarted a dozen different board or war game related projects though, so I was just applying the concepts I've seen used there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion