Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old February 25th, 2007, 02:15 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation
Magic: The Gathering

I know this game is blind purchase, but I was so tempted to get the 7th edition starter set for a pretty good price at my local TRU. I'm very glad I bought it, it has many strategic choices even when just playing the starter level. The graphics on the cards are gorgeous, and the flavor texts at the bottom are a good way to take up unneeded space. Any one here play?
http://www.wizards.com/magic/welcome...=ILC-MTGCOMURL
Old February 25th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I collected sets of this since unlimited so i have a very extensive collection of cards. I got out soon after Tempest and missed a few collections and then got back into it for a few years, lately I got out again because there is no one in my area to play with and I am spending all my money on Heroscape and Dreamblade.
Old February 25th, 2007, 03:07 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
Magic: The Addiction

I used to play. I have not played in YEARS.

Anyone want to buy 20,000+ Mtg cards from me?

Collection starts at revised (3rd Edition) and ends with two unopened boxes of Visions. Many Arabian Nights, Legends, and Antiquities cards in the mix too.
Old February 25th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
I play with my nephew. The problem is that whoever spends more money wins the game. The game is most fun with either everyone using the same cards - like your starter set for example - or playing with a group of friends who spend about the same money on the game. For example, if you and a friend go to a booster draft night every couple of weeks or something your cards will build up at roughly the same rate and neither of you will get left behind. That's what my nephew and I do so we have a similar size collection and can play each other.

Once you start trying to play with people that have more cards then you the game really loses it's fun and you start to feel pressured to spend hundreds of dollars on the game.
Old February 25th, 2007, 06:35 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby
Magic: The Addiction

I used to play. I have not played in YEARS.

Anyone want to buy 20,000+ Mtg cards from me?

Collection starts at revised (3rd Edition) and ends with two unopened boxes of Visions. Many Arabian Nights, Legends, and Antiquities cards in the mix too.
Whew, I'm sure a collection like that would be way too expensive for me. Besides, I don't play too much any more. Heroscape has become my #1 addiction. Most of the time I play M:tG anymore it's with my highlander deck just for fun. Eventually, I'd like to pick up some new cards, maybe even sell most of my collection and just keep a few fun decks, but I haven't figured out the best way to do that yet, or even if I could manage to part with my cards.

Kenjib brings up another good point: since it's blind purchase, tournament worthy decks are more easily built by people who buy more. That's why I play my highlander all the time now: it's more fun than anything, but with enough skill it can still be competitive. Anyway, I need to stop myself before I rant for a page. Magic's a great game, but I don't have time/money enough for two addictions atm.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 25th, 2007, 07:10 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
Yeah we have about 5K cards starting with Revised...I was thinking of selling them as a lot. Many of the "hot" cards in revised & unlimited are worth a few bucks each. I'd just hate to catalog them all now! :P
Old February 25th, 2007, 09:50 PM

DGranger2 has disabled reputation
My frend got me into it just after Beta i believe. Stopped and stopped at Tempest. I had moved from NY to NC and they didn't play much down there. Not like my group of friends durning the winter months. Lost my set of 6K of cards in a move. Sucked alot.

What kind of person spends $135.48 for Sir Hawthorne and has yet to ever put him into battle?
Update, 2 out of 2 times Sir Hawthorne has backstabbed me. What are the odds?
Old February 26th, 2007, 12:45 PM

SilverBlade has disabled reputation
MtG

No opponents to play against. I don't have any idea how many cards I have but their 99% crap (bought a few thousand through ebay, never again). I kicked the idea of online around a few times, but that just seems like an awfully expensive way to get back into it.

Any thoughts on online?

The Code:

Let the strong protect the weak.
Let the weak revere the strong.
In all things uphold honor, charity, and justice.
And may fear have no place in the hearts of men.
Old February 26th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I enjoy picking up a few of the prebuilt starters and keeping them around to play. MtG is great game system but I would rather collect miniatures than cards.

Newb.
Old February 26th, 2007, 02:04 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
I enjoy picking up a few of the prebuilt starters and keeping them around to play. MtG is great game system but I would rather collect miniatures than cards.

Newb.

I agree with that 100%. I would much rather have miniatures then cards. It's not to say that cards are bad, I just like looking at miniatures more.
Old February 26th, 2007, 08:11 PM

Hex Sinister Woo who?
My group pretty much quit playing around 10 years ago. But next month we're having a 5-way, 5-color "pentachrome challenge". Nobody goes out of the game until only one player has life left. I'm stuck with green, not my strong suit. I'm not sure what kind of strategy to go with other than the obvious hurricane route. It's so obvious, I am loathe to do so but its the best way to do damage to 4 wizards. My collection is pretty random. I'm going to use those cards that let you play extra lands and have Zuran Orbs and some other sacrifice type of crap.

Traditionally, we would use boosters for ante. Half of us don't want any more Magic cards (go figure) so we might use Pirates boosters. Egh. Anyway, I play occasionally with friends - mostly to kill time before our D&D campaign. I play the PC game against the computer a whole lot, though.

"Grimnak the Orc is doing something kinda pleasant to my arm." - Sgt. Drake
Old February 26th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: MtG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBlade
Any thoughts on online?
When I moved to Purdue I couldn't find a good group of players to play with. I was used to my group back home and when we all went our separate ways Magic lost some of its draw for me. So I sold my collection (I wish I hadn't!).

I did try online for about 6 months. I like it at first, I liked it a lot. Whenever I wanted to play a game I could. Its 3:00am and I'm in the mood for a booster draft, lets do it! That was awesome, playing whenever I wanted. However, it didn't have the same feeling as playing with actual cards, it was too different, and ultimately the fact that my group wasn't playing was the reason I quit playing online.

We were tight group of about 10-15 guys that all played Competitive Magic, and we were good. At one point all 15 of us were ranked in the top 25 in Indiana. I loved traveling to the tournaments with everyone, staying up until 3am the night before testing and tweaking decks. Helping each other out, the comradery of our group is why I loved Magic so much, and MODO or MTGO couldn't supply me with that...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games