Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 21st, 2009, 06:57 AM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 440pt Armies

2x 10th
Raelin
MDG
2x Romans
Isamu

At lower totals, I'm thinking Romans will shine.

EDIT: TORKULNA!

TKN
3x Grubs
Eldgrim
AE or Krav and Isamu

Depending on whether you live your life by the drop, you might want to go AE or Krav. Also, you could sub out a squad of grubs and Eldgrim for Zeta.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Last edited by Bonecrusher; September 21st, 2009 at 07:14 AM.
Old September 21st, 2009, 07:50 AM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

How about
Q-9 180
KMA 280
Deathreavers x2 360
Raelin (RotV) 440

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 21st, 2009, 08:12 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I played a couple of games at the weekend, mainly to generate some interest in the NHSD event, but also to give some armies a run out.

I'd forgotten how slow Gilbertless knights are. The Finn/Denrick/Marro/KoW build is still probably my first pick however.

Here's a fun one I put together to showcase how cool Heroscape is:

DW8K: 130
Dividers x4: 200
Ninjas otNW: 110
Total: 440pts, 16 hexes.

Ninjas, aliens and a robot. That's why I love the game (well, one of the reasons). It was also really fun to play, though the D20 has a big say in how well you do. None of the units are a top priority to reach any intermediate goals (actually DW8K is a step towards using all Alpha Prime units; just him, DW7K, X17 and Repulsors to go, I think) but all three are new. The Dividers would be my first Wave 9 units too. Tempting.
Old September 21st, 2009, 09:08 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Minions x2
Krav
Airborne Elite
Isamu

This is a great army, full of annoying, difficult to kill units. As long as you don't run into Braxas, it should be fairly competitive.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old September 21st, 2009, 09:47 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Grimnak - 120
Raelin - 200
Nerak - 250
Blade Gruts x4 - 410
Guilty - 440, 22 hexes

or, Raelin-less

Grimnak - 120
Ornak - 220
Marcu - 240
Blade Gruts x5 - 440, 24 hexes

And, for a serious Viper army, I really like this:

Venoc Warlord - 120
Kaemon Awa - 240
Venocs x5 - 440, 17 hexes

How bout TBR?

Brunak - 110
Tul-Bak-Ra - 240
Dividers x4 - 440

Brunak carries TBR to the level he needs to be on to go assassinate someone. He bring in Dividers. Once he dies, Brunak clears out rat screens for Dividers. At higher points, I'd really like to try the Ornak / Brunak / TBR thing to do some serious damage on Turn 1.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 22nd, 2009, 03:20 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Here's one of the armies I'm going to be playing, and I'm going to give credit where credit is due, it was purely TomCollins2000's idea.

Krav Maga Agents (100)
Raelin (80)
4x Zombies (240)
440 points

I think the army is called Resident Evil or something like that.

Anyways, a couple more:

Q10 (160)
2x Snipers (200)
2x Repulsors (80) (or consequently, use 2x rats instead)

2x Shaolin Monks (160)
Win Chu Wu (140)
2x Braves (140)
(Again, this one was mentioned by TomCollins2000)

Mittens (120)
3x Braves (210)
Brave Arrow (50)
Theracus (40)
Marcu (20)

I'm still not 100% sure what I'm running for my 2nd army, but I'm definitely playing the first one I mentioned.

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old September 22nd, 2009, 03:49 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
Here's one of the armies I'm going to be playing, and I'm going to give credit where credit is due, it was purely TomCollins2000's idea.

Krav Maga Agents (100)
Raelin (80)
4x Zombies (240)
440 points
This army is good. Takes full advantage of Raelin, and it has somewhat of an answer for Rats, too. I really think Zombies are underrated, and can be very powerful when played correctly (which is really hard to do).

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 22nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
2x Shaolin Monks (160)
Win Chu Wu (140)
2x Braves (140)
(Again, this one was mentioned by TomCollins2000)
I like this one a lot. Win Chiu Woo, is probably the least talked about unit in the game, since he doesn't have many army builds, isn't very good, but isn't very bad either. I'd love seeing more armies including him.

I think that you could substitute the Braves with Krav, or even 2 squads of dwarves if you have to go all General.
Quote:
Mittens (120)
3x Braves (210)
Brave Arrow (50)
Theracus (40)
Marcu (20)
I think Zetacron might be a better substitution for Theracus and Marcu.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 05:33 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

[QUOTE=rednax;923205]
Quote:

Quote:
Mittens (120)
3x Braves (210)
Brave Arrow (50)
Theracus (40)
Marcu (20)
I think Zetacron might be a better substitution for Theracus and Marcu.
Actually, I'm stealing the Theracus/Brave Arrow combo from an old Hero Clix combo team that used to see a ton of play.

In Hero Clix there was a double based figure who transported others called Lockjaw, he was a very simple piece who's cheap cost only helped him move figures around, nothing else. He was paired with a Joker who's ability "poisoned" an adjacent figure. What the combo did was take Lockjaw and the Joker and pin an opposing figure via 3 spaces and the figure was slowly killed. In Hero Clix, like Heroscape it was a die roll to get away, and like in Heroscape it was 2 die rolls in fact. So, use Theracus to taxi Brave Arrow up, smack a figure in the face. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Theracus also gets Mitten's bonus too, so if the poo hits the fan (only way I can describe it...sorry...) then you've got a taxi out of there.

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old September 22nd, 2009, 05:45 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If you wanna risk the Repulsors...

Gladiatrons x3
Blastatrons x2
Raelin RotV
Old September 23rd, 2009, 11:18 AM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:

Krav Maga Agents (100)
Raelin (80)
4x Zombies (240)
440 points
This army is good. Takes full advantage of Raelin, and it has somewhat of an answer for Rats, too. I really think Zombies are underrated, and can be very powerful when played correctly (which is really hard to do).
You are correct sir the army can be hard to play, but alot of fun too. In the northeast NHSD we might have to play our opponent's army so giving them an army/unit that they have little or no experience using is a heck of a good play in my book. Also I just want more people to play the Zed army. It's what got me in to scape at my first NHSD 3 years ago. Sweet memories

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcollins2000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:

Krav Maga Agents (100)
Raelin (80)
4x Zombies (240)
440 points
You are correct sir the army can be hard to play, but alot of fun too. In the northeast NHSD we might have to play our opponent's army so giving them an army/unit that they have little or no experience using is a heck of a good play in my book. Also I just want more people to play the Zed army. It's what got me in to scape at my first NHSD 3 years ago. Sweet memories
Personally, I think the Zombies are some of the toughest units to play correctly. There's just so much going on with them - definitely one of my favorite units.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion