Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 8th, 2007, 03:44 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
New Years Day Map

My son and I put together this map for a NYD get together with some of the local HSers. We had 8 people over so we actually had to make two large maps, one in each room. We definitely spent more time on this map and thus didn't even take any pictures of the second map in the other room. Both maps had at least 4 starting zones to accomidate either 2v2 or free for all styles....I think we ended up playing 2v2 the first game and then a free for all on the second.

The coolest part of the map was that the castle walls were very easily removed, so we played the first game with the walls up and then the second game without them. We made the castle walls single spaced with battlements so that no double spaced ranged figure could get on them and take advantage. With that in mind we also had to ban Saylind to prevent summoning of single spaced ranged figures to the top of the walls. One excellent feature of the walls was that it was very easy for flying figures to escape an unfavorable conflict by jumping the wall or hiding on it.

I don't have a battle report because we were very in to the game and worse didn't take any pictures of actual game play. The figures shown in the pictures were just that, for pictures! I will say that a shade got the best of Laglor on the 2nd turn of the game and it had a big impact on the remainder of the game. We had a Kee-mo-shi mindshackle of Krug on the other table.....very devistating. It was her first attempt and Krug hadn't even received a wound yet.

Anyhow, enjoy the pics......

Old January 8th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Great looking map. Roughly how many sets? Did you place ladders anywhere? I don't see them.

Thanks for sharing, the hard work shows.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 8th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper
Great looking map. Roughly how many sets? Did you place ladders anywhere? I don't see them.

Very nice looking map! I, too, noticed a lack of ladders.
Old January 8th, 2007, 03:59 PM

naps420 Woo who?
WOW! I really love the inner couryard area of the castle. Very nice layout. Would love to battle on it!
Old January 8th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Yes, the map was VERY cool. And I regretfully admit that it was my team on the receiving end of the Laglor Soul Devour. My team mate had to immediately turn her Microcorp Agents on the FB, thankfully taking him out before he was used against us.

I was able to play a game with the walls (my team was slaughtered) and a game without the walls (I did fairly well). Obviously, the walls prohibit a LOT of Range options, so I was happy to see them go for the second game.

Regarding the NYD get together, I had a blast! LoneWolf and son put on a great game day (about 7+ hours of 'Scaping!)... even though the younger one absolutely destroyed my team during the first battle. Good times, indeed. Heh...

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old January 8th, 2007, 04:00 PM

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Yes - NO LADDERS - the idea was to use the walls to limit line of site....so we didn't put any ladders up. Same reason we put the battlements all the way around them - to keep all the ranged figs off. Double spaced couldn't fit with the battlements on and there are no ranged flying single spaced figures. Then all we had to do was ban Saylind and it was done!
Old January 8th, 2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper

I have 8 MS and we used all of them...most of it was used building up the levels on the outside ring.

I got the idea for the map from a previous "Caldera" map that I had built. It is kind of hard to see the elevation in this picture, but it was a fun map to play on......my only regret was not making the bridges double wide, so I made up for it on the NYD map!

Old January 8th, 2007, 04:18 PM

naps420 Woo who?
Very nice!! I like that map more then the other one to be honest...but then again, i've always dreamed of playing on a huge map with lots of trees. The map looks like a blast either playing a 3 player free for all or a 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 game for a battle of domination for the middle. Keep up the nice work!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios