Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 18th, 2013, 03:06 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Always a race to see who can answer the question? Anyway what are the rules if you have to start your players in lava? I have had to place my units in molten lava a few times and my opponent and I just let it slide, do you have to roll for the lava damage still?
Old June 18th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Always a race to see who can answer the question? Anyway what are the rules if you have to start your players in lava? I have had to place my units in molten lava a few times and my opponent and I just let it slide, do you have to roll for the lava damage still?
You've played a scenario with start-zone spaces on molten lava spaces? Did the scenario have an explanation or special rules about it?

I don't think there are any standard rules about this, but you don't typically see scenarios with start-zone spaces on molten lava spaces.
Old June 18th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_T-Steff View Post
You know what's interesting? Technically, if you control the hive and one of your figures siezes the glyph of valda, the hive now has a move of two. I don't think there is a rule that says otherwise, is there?
Yep, there is a rule saying you can't move the hive -- just read the rule book that came with SotM - page 13 (or you can check the "book of Marro Hive")
Shoot! I had thought I'd found a glitch

El_T, who almost never actually reads the rulebook
Old June 18th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Always a race to see who can answer the question?
It is just different people answering at the same time. Nobody knows another post has been posted until they finish theirs.

Quote:
Anyway what are the rules if you have to start your players in lava? I have had to place my units in molten lava a few times and my opponent and I just let it slide, do you have to roll for the lava damage still?
I don't think there are rules for that. Whoever created that map should either a) not have placed lava in the start zone or b) created a special condition for that. (I'm leaning toward "a" myself...)

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Anyway what are the rules if you have to start your players in lava? I have had to place my units in molten lava a few times and my opponent and I just let it slide, do you have to roll for the lava damage still?
I don't think there are rules for that. Whoever created that map should either a) not have placed lava in the start zone or b) created a special condition for that. (I'm leaning toward "a" myself...)
Hmm, I see the Heroscapers.com Exclusive scenario "Obsidian Attack at Steam Alley" has three start-zone spaces on molten lava spaces. This scenario also says the player starting on this start-zone must have at least one squad of Obsidian Guards. So it looks like the assumption is, those three molten lava start-zone spaces are meant for the Obsidian Guards, or any other figures with Lava Resistance. That's a pretty big assumption to make, in my opinion.

I believe we are suppose to view "placing" the same as "moving". Take Jotun's Throw (or any other special power that moves another figure) for example. If the result is that it "places" a figure on molten lava, the thrown figure rolls for molten lava damage. So placing a figure on a start-zone space is effectively doing the same thing. Round 1 may not have started, but the game has started. Placing armies in start-zones is part of the game after all.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; June 18th, 2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Spin Master

Quote:
The very first rule in any rulebook should be, "You are not allowed to ask or answer questions about the rules in this rulebook unless you have completely read this rulebook."
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
The very first rule in any rulebook should be, "You are not allowed to ask or answer questions about the rules in this rulebook unless you have completely read this rulebook."
Which then wouldn't get read.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:30 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Placing figures at the start of the game is not synonomous with moving/placing during the game. Otherwise Nakitas would get to roll for Engagement Strike in the old Heat of Battle rules. (They don't)

Figures beginning the game on molten lava don't have to roll.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:46 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Placing figures at the start of the game is not synonomous with moving/placing during the game. Otherwise Nakitas would get to roll for Engagement Strike in the old Heat of Battle rules. (They don't)

Correct. Only figures moving (or being placed by an army card's power) onto molten lava have to roll. This is no different than a figure which lives through hot-lava death, which is alive on its current tile but must roll again if moving onto another molten lava space in the future.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Spin Master

Quote:

I agree and recant my previous statement "placing figures is part of the game", suggesting you have started playing the game. The rulebook discusses army placement in the section titled "Get Ready to Play". (In my defense, even though you haven't started taking turns, you have started "playing" because there is strategy in gathering, and placing your army.)

Last edited by GaryLASQ; June 18th, 2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old June 18th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Come on guys...

Placing figures in the start zone at the beginning of the game does not trigger the molten lava, since they are effectively starting the game on those spaces.
Old June 18th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
I meant that as a joke, I read the rulebooks, I just don't spend hours poring over them looking for every technicality. I probably read the line where it says you cannot move the hive, but at the time I figured it just referred to the fact that its move was zero.

Gimme a break guys, I just thought it would be funny.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's