Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Closed Thread

Old April 15th, 2008, 10:39 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Your HSers REPUTATION And You ^_^

Sounds like this system has been well thought out. I see little opportunity for abuse. Kudos!

Do existing Site Supporters get the 20 points? I don't believe I did.

(I just renewed. Don't know if that matters.)
Old April 15th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the clear explanation. I was all primed to start ignoring reputation, but the system is much less abusable than I expected.
Old April 15th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I'm a bit wary of this system and its possible abuse, but will wait and see how things shake out.

One question: How can you tell how many Reputation Points you have? I can't seem to find it in my profile.

Edit: Never mind. I found it. I'm blind.
Well I'm still blind because I haven't found it yet. Any help?

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old April 15th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Go to User CP, and scroll down, below your subscribed threads. At least, that's how I first found it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 15th, 2008, 11:04 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the explanation! I'll try to keep this new feature in mind.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 15th, 2008, 11:56 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker

Awesome post. Thanks for explaining this best of features. I gave you rep points for this post LR.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."

Last edited by Taelord; April 18th, 2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old April 16th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This seems like a very well-thought out endeavor to enrich this community. I wasn't sure what it meant at first, but I thank you LordRaidor for the indepth explanation. And I like how we can give a little jolt to those members that spam, or post ridiculous thoughts, or what have you.

Man, I can't wait until I'm a level 13 cleric like Revdyer

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old April 16th, 2008, 03:07 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

I'm glad I found this thread. I wanted to give someone a negative reputation, for a good reason, and thought it might have been that little 'report' button. Its a good thing I looked before passing plenty of those out, or I would probably wind up with a title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old April 16th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
I would say that basing rep on post isn't really a good thing. Like, look how many posts I have. I definitely don't deserve as much as many other members because most of my posts aren't helpful criticism or help.
Please note that your reputation is not what's based on posts. Rather, it is your reputation power (that is, how much influence you have over the reputation of others).

If your many posts are good--or at least not sucky--then you are an active member of this community, and your reputation power is accordingly increased. If your many posts are nonsensical spewage, then everyone is giving you negative rep, and your reputation rapidly becomes so low that you can't affect anyone else, regardless of how many posts you have. So it's self-policing, in the main.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post

While I'm not 100% sure, my understanding was that LR was going to try to hand out the initial 20pts once a week or so. So possibly he just hasn't gotten around to you yet.
Old April 16th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post

While I'm not 100% sure, my understanding was that LR was going to try to hand out the initial 20pts once a week or so. So possibly he just hasn't gotten around to you yet.
I haven't been a supporter for very long. When I first looked at the new site, I didn't see my name in teal or have a free 20 rep points. A little later, that stuff activated. I think sometimes it just takes a couple of days to see the results.
Old April 16th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Thanks, LordRaidor, for the post. It was surprising to find myself being used as an example...kind of fun, too. <grin>
Old April 16th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We had an active discussion going on in another thread regarding a very similar issue... "post counts" versus "contribution"

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...t=17255&page=3

This new reputation system could very well help to disarm the old "posting competition" going on in the old site as a perceived measure of status.

We all know that post counts can be VERY misleading in terms of a member's actual contribution value in terms of ideas, insight, encouragement, and HS Wisdom. I still usually view a person's "join date" as a typically more reliable measure of their gaming knowledge and wisdom... If one has been a member for 2 years, regardless of their post count, I'm going to more likely assume them to be an experienced player who has something to say... even if they only have a post count of 50 instead of 500 or even 5,000. (granted, even a join date can be misleading... but I always saw it as a better measure of their potential Heroscaping "maturity" and experience.)

I see this reputation option as a potentially great tool to help rein in the negative crowd, while simultaneously encouraging a more responsible posting mentality amongst members... hopefully returning the focus where it belongs: Quality, not Quantity.

SW8K

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online