Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old December 29th, 2010, 10:45 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Mooseman's D3 Repaints- Moltenclaw & Evar

I haven't posted a new topic since '08 0.o

I don't usually repaint my HS figures, but I got the urge to upgrade my newly acquired Moltenclaw. I've been actually pretty impressed with the sculpts of the few D&D packs I've gotten, but the paint jobs tend to let them down. Moltenclaws eyes were unpainted, but when my brother told me to paint them in, I just couldn't stop there

This isn't so much a complete repaint as a paint-on, since I used the original paint as a basecoat and highlighted and washed from there.

Here's a normal Moltenclaw for reference:
Spoiler Alert!

And here's what I did:

The back shot really shows off the highlights. Moltenclaw has nice scales.

I did a lot of blending on the wings.

Last edited by Mooseman; December 30th, 2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old December 29th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart
Re: Repainted Moltenclaw

Amazing job, Mooseman!

You think you'll do any other D3 repaints?
Old December 30th, 2010, 01:05 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
Amazing job, Mooseman!

You think you'll do any other D3 repaints?
I've actually got Eltahale and Evar Scarcarver in the works. The repaints aren't quite as photogenic as Moltenclaw, but at least one should be up sometime today.
Old December 30th, 2010, 01:29 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

The DDM version is brighter and better looking than the HS version, (IMO) but the repaint you did looks even better.
Old December 30th, 2010, 03:36 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mooseman again.
Darn. It is so awesome. It is so awesome. You are truly a talented man, sir.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old December 29th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That looks awesome!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old December 29th, 2010, 11:39 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Ooooh, gorgeous!

Would you consider taking commissions for more?
Old December 29th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Gorgeous work. Really like how you painted the scales to help bring out the texture, and I really dig the use of the various reds. Very cool effect, and the blending is brilliant!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old December 30th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Wow... very nice!
Old December 30th, 2010, 11:50 AM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really noticed in Moltenclaw's paint scheme that he was a very deep and dark red.

In D&D cannon, the older the red dragon gets, the deeper and darker his scales get. Now, do I give WotC enough credit to have painted Moletnclaw dark for this reason? Nah, not really.

I like how you brought out some of the brighter reds, but leaving the darker parts in areas. This shows a maturing red dragon, who although is growing up, still has the "baby fat" of the bright red scales.

This is a color scheme much more appropriate for a dragon of his size. Very cool. I might give this repaint a try.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old December 30th, 2010, 06:00 PM

I finished Evar.

This sculpt has a lot of great detail. Lots of fur, buckles, and other stuff that just gets covered up. He's still an ugly figure though.
Spoiler Alert!

I tried to paint eyes, but it didn't work out, so I just went with the crackling energy look.

All his pelts and fur trim are pretty cool.
Old December 30th, 2010, 06:32 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Mooseman's D3 Repaints- Moltenclaw & Evar

Evar looks very cool!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions