Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 27th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD

Where you have to watch out is that base 3 defence. It's not enough against anything throwing 3 or more attack dice, and even a two-dice attack can get lucky half of the time.

So it's possible the EI will go down fast (and not be worth their points). Although once they get in amongst the enemy, it's fairly easy for them to do 140 points of damage over a turn or two.

With Kiova, and then Raelin if you have the points, their defence gets a little more robust. Doubly so, because not only do you have extra dice and rerolls, but an opponent will often target Raelin first, allowing the EI an extra turn or two unmolested! If they make the same mistake by targetting Kiova too, so much the better.
RichardD, I was just coming to this thread to comment on the very issue issue you mention. It's a glaring glass jaw, but only when I recently played the EI did I realize that even with the Gift of Kiova, the common kyries are only getting THREE dice. I was up against the Minions and a few times Utgar's guys had height on my Imps. the chance to get those two Deadly Strike skulls is too great with more dice
It was such a shock* to see the expensive guys go down without anything to save them - even if they were in range of Kiova's aura.
I do like the option of adding Raelin and allowing the opponent a differernt target while the EI fly in.
As they are Soldiers, having MDG in the army configuration is must for me. Move 6 with Stealth Flying is potent stuff!

* Much as it is a shock to see them fall to Chilling Touch.
Old October 29th, 2007, 02:53 PM

Overlord Hikash is surprisingly tart
My cousin didn't even know we had these guys until a few days before the last game. I was surprised that he didn't draft them. Ever since they (almost*) killed Cyprien for me, I've always loved them. That and since I'm an Einar guy, I'll give them a look.

*The Imprerium dealt all but one wound to Cyprien. My ally's Deadeye blew a hole into the vampire's head, finishing him off.
Old October 29th, 2007, 04:16 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Yesterday I played a game with the EI on Soulrazor Canyon. Here's the matchup

Me:

Einar Imperium x2 - 280
Kiova - 90
Raelin - 80
Marro Warriors - 50

Total = 500

against....

Runa - 120
Minions x2 - 220
Cyprien - 150
Isamu - 10

Total = 500

My EI kicked a lot of butt in this game. I claimed the high ground with Raelin and Kiova and my EI wiped up anything that came at them. The Minions couldn't penetrate 5 defense with Gift consistently at all, and Cyprien got one attack in before getting swarmed and killed in one order marker by the EI. Runa likewise. The key here though was that everything came to me, and Soulrazor is a very small map. The Imperium are fantastic when they can stay underneath Raelin and Kiova, but that proves mightly difficult when your opponent can sit back and pick you off one by one while you have your order markers spread out amongst 3 army cards. In a 600 point army, the Krav can be added to attempt to draw the enemy in.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 31st, 2008, 09:52 PM

LOSTLOVE is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Book of The Einar Imperium

[quote=killercactus;423725]Yesterday I played a game with the EI on Soulrazor Canyon. Here's the matchup

Me:

Einar Imperium x2 - 280
Kiova - 90
Raelin - 80
Marro Warriors - 50

Total = 500

My brother used a similar army against me with devastating results only a few days weeks ago. 600 points -
Einar Imperium x2 - 280
Kiova - 90
Raelin - 80
Tenth foot x2 - 150

I was using a very large swarm of Orcs and I was very confident the start of the first game.
I was trying to reserve Krug for as late as possible, and gunning heavily for Raelin ( In both games ).
The savage Einar Imperium were unstoppable, they decimated my Grut defensive front line and Tornak proved incapable of standing up to them as well. Grimnak ate two before meeting his grim fate, and my archers and sworgs ( not destroying a singel E.I. and only putting 3 wounds on Raelin )
Were cut down quickly after Krug fell.
Krug fought well , I guess.

The rematch I demanded was pointless and didn't go much differently.
I will always look at the Einar Imperium as a formidable force after such a one sided victory twice in a row.

With Raelin and Kiova they are deadly and exstreamly hard to kill.
Old October 29th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
killercactus,

I've actually used that same army combo before with some deadly results.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old October 30th, 2007, 05:54 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Everybody says that they are great with raelin and/or kiova. Yes, true, true, but that just acts as a tether IMO.

I could see using Kiova to move up first, then the Imperium to follow, falling under kiova's veil of protection. But using Raelin and kiova just seems like a stretch to me.

What about Taelord and the Imperium? You would up their attack potential so much. 6 attacks of 4 would devastate. This doesn't help their defense, but what about on a LOS blocker-heavy map?
Old October 30th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
The basic trick to using them successfully seems to be in neutralizing your opponent's ranged units first. If your opponent has no ranged units, you're sitting pretty. If she's got 2 sets of 4th Mass for each of your Imperium, you're not.

Has anyone tried something like this?

Marcus Decimus Gallus 100
2x EI 380
Airborne Elite 490

Use the EI to secure the high ground for you, and clear the way for the Airborne to take out the remaining ranged figures. Then move the EI forward again. You might also just sub in the romans and try to clog them up with Legionaires and then have the EI swoop in. I really haven't played them much myself, but that's largely because of their prohibitive 140 point cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 30th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
For a 600 point army I was thinking about this:

Einer x 3 = 420
Marcus = 520
4th Mass (for range) = 590
Isamu = 600 to round it out.

Not bad considering Marcus would boost both squads. I just may try this out this weekend

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old October 30th, 2007, 08:14 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Never even realized that the Imperium were soldiers, big thanks to rym's post to alert me to this.

I just picked up my second set of Imperium the other day, but my luck doesn't seem to be with them. My brother, on the other hand, absolutely decimates my armies using them. I never seem to be able to keep Kiova close enough to do any real good.

Old October 31st, 2007, 09:17 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Never even realized that the Imperium were soldiers, big thanks to rym's post to alert me to this.

I just picked up my second set of Imperium the other day, but my luck doesn't seem to be with them. My brother, on the other hand, absolutely decimates my armies using them. I never seem to be able to keep Kiova close enough to do any real good.
same here i can't use them either but my bro has a gift when using them, with kiova he can actually keep them alive.

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:54 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Anyone else think they were supposed to be 110 points? Let's see here:

Normal stats: gives 'em 50
Common: 5
Flying: 10
Stealth flying: 5
Empress help: 10
Double attack: 30
total: 110 points, this is how I look at them

Since all other kyrie squads are 110 I figure they should be too.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Anyone else think they were supposed to be 110 points? Let's see here:

Normal stats: gives 'em 50
Common: 5
Flying: 10
Stealth flying: 5
Empress help: 10
Double attack: 30
total: 110 points, this is how I look at them

Since all other kyrie squads are 110 I figure they should be too.
I'm going to have to disagree with that little formula there.
The fact that they are disciplined solders should factor into their cost, and stealth flying is a bigger deal than you seem to indicate in your formula. I'd say a squad of double attackers is worth 50-60 points in and of itself. I mean outside of the Drones and Frenzy units (which have to depend on the d-20) no other squad in the game can boast SIX attacks per activation. And yes all the other Kyrie squads are 110, but to be fair there are only two of them. Both of these are more of a 'heavy infantry" type squad that just happens to fly. The EI are much different in that they are not that great for glyph holding or being the first wave.

I'll be the first to admit that I tend not to look so harshly at lower defense melee figures as many on the forums; I've been defending the Templars on another thread for a while about the same criticisms. I think that the offensive potential, particularly as a second wave that can just fly in and out of the main battle lines picking and choosing who to hit next, more than justifies their 140point price tag.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units