Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old November 9th, 2007, 11:16 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_poison
Nah, I think I'll be leaving them where they are.
Well, add one to my list of disagreements then. IMO, Stinger's only have reliability issues if you use Stinger Drain too much. I wouldn't rank 4th Mass. ahead of them since Stingers are much easier to fit into any army in general.

Funny you should mention the Krav since that's another one I would put in the A+ category.

There really is very little difference between and A and A+ though. They are the same GPA at every school I've ever attended.
I've had the 4th for about 2 weeks now and haven't even used them.

Braxis and Samurai are too much fun

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old November 10th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy94920

I've had the 4th for about 2 weeks now and haven't even used them.

Braxis and Samurai are too much fun
Braxas and Samurai are a lot of fun, but the 4th Mass are really scary when you get 3-4 squads of them. They're very dependable, and a fairly reliable counter to Stingers on the right map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 13th, 2007, 10:46 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've decided to once again revise the rankings. This time is different than the other changes, as this revision will be primarily done in order to reflect the performance of various units in tournaments across the U.S. As such, not many of the low-ranked units are changing much since people don't typically use them in tournaments. Additionally, I've gone through and changed some of the time sensitive descriptions of some rankings. Also, this is the first time the rankings have changed solely due to the performance of one man in Heroscape tournaments. Read on to find out who

As always, please let me know if you agree/disagree, want something changed, or have questions or comments.

Going Up

Marcu Esenwein (A- to A) Marcu is being used in more and more armies as a last-chance desperation type hero. However, some even use him to grab and hold a reachable glyph early in the game. Regardless of his uses, Marcu's attack can crack even the stoutest heroes, and his speed is nothing to take lightly.

Laglor (A- to A) Laglor's use in range-heavy Vydar armies can lead to huge returns as it becomes difficult for your opponent to close in. Laglor was also part of the winning army this year at GenCon, and he has even perhaps closed the gap on the best flagbearer out there. Regardless, Laglor is a boon to any of Vydar's ranged troops.

Sentinels of Jandar (B- to B+) Not only did Heroscaper Revdyer trample through Day One of GenCon with the Sentinels, but he proved this was no fluke as he ran over the field in the shark tank of Texas. Surely the Sentinels deserve a higher ranking due to these exceptional performances.

Grimnak (B- to B) Heroscaper Jexik informed me that Grimnak is listed as a B-. Not believing him, I had to look for myself. Sure enough, I must have made a typo when ranking Grimnak :P . Grimnak's auto-kill is one of the few certainties in Heroscape, and that ability can be huge at times.

Ornak (B- to B) With the emergence of the vampires and an increase in the play of Heavy Gruts, Ornak is now a force to be reckoned with. Though his performance in tourneys is still a bit lackluster, a good showing for Ornak is sure to occur soon.

Deathwalkers 8 and 9K (C- to C+) Though the Deathwalkers still suffer from their glass jaws, the good Deathwalkers keep popping up randomly in tourney results. They're still far from the elite, but their special attacks can be very helpful.

Going Down

Braxas (A to A-) Though Braxas did show up in one of the top GenCon armies, Vydar's dragon has been having trouble taking out her fair share of squads.

Minions of Utgar (A to A-) Minions haven't shown up in many tournaments lately, and when they have, their performance haven't been top-notch. Perhaps one day the Minions will return to their former dominance.

Marro Hive (B+ to B) As more and more players find ways to neutralize the Hive early, the cost of fielding it increases. Simply taking the equivalent point cost of Marro units is a much safer thing.

I also switched around the explanations of the units and the groupings of units in the first post. I found myself using the groupings more often, and I thought most people would also prefer that. Please let me know if it's good or not. Again, comments, suggestions, and questions are very welcome
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:11 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
I pretty much agree with all of them. Mostly the Marcu and Hive one, I really agree with those, and the Deathwalkers too!

However there are still some units I can disagree with but it's your Power Rankings and you are the winner of GanCon, couple years back anyway...

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old November 16th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
I was wondering why Grimnak was a B- instead of a higher grade. . Nice job keaping this updated by the way, and on the most part, I agree with you 100% (meaning that I agree 100% on a lot of the unit's grades).
Old November 16th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Yeah, I love Grimnak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 25th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
I can't wait to see the power rankings for the new figures (I'd like to see them come out before that of course). . SP, have you thought about rankings for the newer figure's, the ones with revealed cards, rankings yet or play tested any of them yet? Well I think Sujoah, my favorite newer fig., is amazing with bonding from the spiders, and the spiders also have synergy with one of my older favorites - VWarlord. I can't wait to combine my viper army with a spider army! . I also love how they're finally making a hero for my all time favorite squad (at leat my favorite squad sculpt) too - Omnicrons Snipers. And also, what's your favorite looking/sculpt of the newer figures? Mine might be Zelrig.
Old November 25th, 2007, 12:27 AM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon
I can't wait to see the power rankings for the new figures (I'd like to see them come out before that of course). . SP, have you thought about rankings for the newer figure's, the ones with revealed cards, rankings yet or play tested any of them yet? Well I think Sujoah, my favorite newer fig., is amazing with bonding from the spiders, and the spiders also have synergy with one of my older favorites - VWarlord. I can't wait to combine my viper army with a spider army! . I also love how they're finally making a hero for my all time favorite squad (at leat my favorite squad sculpt) too - Omnicrons Snipers. And also, what's your favorite looking/sculpt of the newer figures? Mine might be Zelrig.
I think I'm just going to wait all the set has been released and there is at least a little time to proxy the new figs or play with them a little (but not too much ). Zelrig's special seems really good, but the figure I'm most excited for (and like the sculpt the most) is Sujoah. Of course, I may be a bit biased because of the squad that bonds with him :P , but he seems pretty good. Anyway, yeah, I'm very excited for the new large hero set, but I'm just going to wait until we know all of the cards.
Old November 27th, 2007, 08:09 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Quote:
I think I'm just going to wait all the set has been released and there is at least a little time to proxy the new figs or play with them a little (but not too much ). Zelrig's special seems really good, but the figure I'm most excited for (and like the sculpt the most) is Sujoah. Of course, I may be a bit biased because of the squad that bonds with him :P , but he seems pretty good. Anyway, yeah, I'm very excited for the new large hero set, but I'm just going to wait until we know all of the cards.
Too bad that won't be 'til May next year !

Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old November 27th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight
Quote:
Quote:
You serious?! Were did you find that out?! If it's true that sucks. But I beleive at leat AA and TJ will come out in 07 for 2 reasons:

1. they had barely any heroscape for 2007 compared to 2006 (what R˙chean said before and probably others).
2. And that they need something for Christmas, at least MarvelScape or TJ and AA or Wave 8. One or the other or the other.

That's what I think.
Old November 27th, 2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight
Quote:
Quote:
You serious?! Were did you find that out?! If it's true that sucks. But I beleive at leat AA and TJ will come out in 07 for 2 reasons:

1. they had barely any heroscape for 2007 compared to 2006 (what R˙chean said before and probably others).
2. And that they need something for Christmas, at least MarvelScape or TJ and AA or Wave 8. One or the other or the other.

That's what I think.
Yep. Marvelscape, but they had Sotm this year. It's not confirmed but by the time AA and TJ are in normal stores will most likely be around March, not official but I know how Hasbro rolls due to experiences, bad ones...

Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old November 27th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
If in stores by March, how could it be May like you originally said? And the ranking could be done sooner if S_P has them ordered online from HouseMouse.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion