Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Which Stat Spread should be used?
EagleOne's! 0 0%
Gold1's! 3 10.00%
NecroBlade's! 5 16.67%
Messenger's! 3 10.00%
Xn F M's! 6 20.00%
ZBeeblebrox's! 4 13.33%
GeneralGrievous13's! 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 18th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Create-A-Unit 2: Part 5.5 - Stat Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
I see this figure as one who organizes the lawmen. I went with Necroblade because the stats were more like the other lawmen, but with greater range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I even have my ability concepts down, Posse! and Shootout!.

~Aldin, OK, why?
I know what posse is but what is Shootout!.
Posse!
Instead of taking a turn with Joe Bob, move all Lawmen within two clear sight spaces (including Joe Bob) up to five spaces.

Shootout!
Instead of taking a turn with Joe Bob, all Lawmen within two clear sight spaces (including Joe Bob) may attack with either their normal or special attack (they may not move or use special abilities).

Shootout thus denies Guilty his second shot and Dan his D20. Like the Elves, this would make Lawmen start strong and get weaker rather rapidly due to attrition.

~Aldin, moving or attacking inside Schroedinger's Box

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 18th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Create-A-Unit 2: Part 6 - Abilities Discussion

So, we have our ability discussion now, eh? Good stuff, good stuff. My ideas? They need some wording help, but I think we should hammer that out later. Call that Hi Guy or whatever his name is.

POSSE! - Instead of taking a turn with Lee Van Cleef, you may take a turn with two lawman heroes you control. They cannot be other Lee Van Cleefs blah blah blah.

This is version one, at least. Pretty much Ulginesh verbatim - if he was weaker, stat-wise, I would have considered some kind of bonding... but, no, 3 Attack at 8 Range is WAY too good.

POSSE! - Instead of taking a turn with Lee Van Cleef, you may move all Lawmen you control up to five spaces.

More movement based; it's a bit weaker, I think, but, whatever. Think 'bout it.

BACKUP! - If a Lawman you control within eight clear sight spaces of Lee Van Cleef becomes engaged, Lee Van Cleef may immediately attack the figure engaging the Lawman.

I VERY much want to add something like this. The Lawmen are flimsy folk, no doubt - I want to discourage engagement as much as possible. To REALLY give support, you can't just move them, but protect them, too. If Johnny Shotgun gets tied up, his Shotgun ain't too useful, right? Guilty's going down like a rattlesnake in a field during plowing season when a stream of rainwater... I lost my train of thought.

Anyways, I think that's what we need. This guy should stay back - but not TOO far back. He should be long-range support for the mid-range cowfolk.

But I'm open to other ideas, too, of course!
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGrievous13
5-Life
5 Move
8 Range
3 Attack
2 Defense
So these are our winning stats . . . I'll be back later with some ability thoughts. I just thougth maybe they should be posted here where it's convienient.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:33 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd prefer an ability discussion... I'd start with the one that I proposed earlier...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
I was thinking a "Round Up the Posse" could be a good ability. Instead of taking a turn with _____, take a turn with any two lawmen you control.
Also to work with the same ability, I propose "Deputize". At the beginning of each turn, _____ can deputize any unique human hero to be a lawman. The deputized hero can take turns under Round up the Posse. This deputized hero may not cause any other figure to move or take a turn while deputized. If _____ does not deputize a hero at the beginning of a round, he loses this ability for that round.

By not allowing the deputized hero to cause other figures to move or take a turn, you prevent a figure like Sir Gilbert from using Jandar's dispatch.
Old May 18th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey Johnny, am I correct in assuming that we'll be voting for "suites" of powers and not individual ones? So if a person wanted to take one person's special attack, and other's support ability they would have to make a separate nomination correct?

Old May 18th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yes - each person will submit their own ability set and we'll vote on those.
Old May 18th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Gets It!!!

I guess it's time to throw my hat into the ring, so to speak how about:

(this is not my official submission, yet)

Posse: When you reveal an order marker on ~this~ up to three lawmen you control may move or attack. All moves must be completed before any lawmen may attack.

Precise Shot Special Attack:
range: 6 attack: 2
~this~ may only use Precise Shot Special Attack if ~this~ did not move this turn. Defending units may only roll one defense die against Precise Shot Special Attack.

I like this version of posse because it's very versatile without being overpowered. It sort of forces you to take more than three lawmen because of the loss in utility when you only have two. I'm not sure if this clearly communicates how the ability is supposed to work though. What I intended was for up to three lawmen to be activated, each of which may either move or attack, not both. Do I need to add text to the ability to clarify this?

With the special I went for something along the lines people seem to be going with this guy. It is similar to DeD's special, but I think it's different enough that this guy won't completely displace DeD. (I think it gives a ~60% kill chance, however I don't know stats and I'm just sort of feeling it out in my head).

Any thoughts?

Edit: thanks for clearing that up for me Johnny, I thought that's how it would work, but I wasn't 100% sure.

Last edited by Xn F M; May 20th, 2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: made it extra clear this is not an official submission, I'm endorsing greivious' abilities
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Other fun ability ideas:

High Noon!
Joe Bob starts the game with one High Noon marker. After moving and before attacking, place the High Noon marker on an enemy unit that can hit Joe Bob with a ranged attack. Neither Joe Bob nor the enemy unit can move or attack anyone other than each other until one of the two is dead. At that point, return the High Noon marker to Joe Bob. When High Noon is in effect, both Joe Bob and the unit with the High Noon marker are treated as having no adjacent units for purposes of determining if they can make ranged attacks on one another.

Riddled With Bullets!
Whenever a Lawman within five clear sight spaces of Joe Bob takes enough wounds to be destroyed (Joe Bob included), roll D20. On a roll of 15 or higher, ignore any wounds the figure has just received.

~Aldin, on Boot Hill

ETA To clarify, I think Posse! and Shootout! is a good ability set. High Noon! and Riddled With Bullets! are fun ideas I had which I welcome someone else to alter/incorporate if they want them.

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Last edited by Aldin; May 18th, 2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old May 18th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Gets It!!!

Aldin, I like riddled with bullets; it's what Parmenio should have. While I like the ability, especially the way it helps cover (sort of) the cowboys low defense. I dont' think it plays well with the lawmen being a hero group.

Now if you're playing with a custom squad of cowboys . . . .

Old May 19th, 2009, 12:15 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

To put a name to our lawman, I started calling him Wyatt Earp (certainly a famous lawman).

Another cool ability would be...
Quickdraw - Range 5. Attack 2. When Wyatt Earp is attacked with a ranged attack and blocks the attack, he may immediately fire back at the attacker if the attacker is within range.

Callin' Reinforcements - At the beginning of any round, Wyatt Earp may roll the 20 sided die to call Pinkerton guards. If he rolls a 14 or higher, he may place one squad of Pinkerton guards on empty spaces within 4 spaces of Wyatt Earp. They may not be placed next to any opposing players. He may use this ability only once per game.

Of course, this ability calls for the creation of a new lawman squad.
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:21 AM

GeneralGrievous13 is surprisingly tart

Great ideas everyone!

So here goes my power suggestion,

Xn F M's Posse:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Posse: When you reveal an order marker on ~this~ up to three lawmen you control may move or attack. All moves must be completed before any lawmen may attack.
and

Cover Fire: When any friendly figure that is within 6 clear sight spaces of Sheriff Norris is about to be attacked and the attacking enemy figure is within 8 clear sight spaces of Sheriff Norris, roll the 20-sided dice. If 1-12, nothing happens. If 13 or higher, the enemy figure's turn ends and Sheriff Norris may attack the enemy figure with a normal attack.

I think that your Posse power is great Xn F M, I like the flexibility of choosing to either move or attack with each lawman.
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:31 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I have an idea for a Quickdraw attack as well.

Quickdraw
Range Special. Attack 3.
When Brisco County, Jr. is attacked by a non-adjacent figure, instead of rolling defense dice you may roll 3 attack dice. The figure who rolls the least amount of skulls must then roll defense dice against the other figure's attack.

To boost this to more of a support level ability and make it more accurate thematically you could word it so that an attack that affects adjacent figures completely fails if Brisco wins the quickdraw. For example, if Zelrig targets Brisco or a figure adjacent to him with Majestic Fires and Brisco wins the Quickdraw, no figures receive any wounds from Zelrig's attack. Thematically speaking, if Brisco wins the Quickdraw that would mean that the other figure didn't "shoot" quick enough so no one would take damage.

Instinctive Firing
Brisco County, Jr. may attack twice per turn. The first attack may be made at any time during Brisco's movement. The second attack can be made only after Brisco has completed his movement for the turn. Instinctive Firing can be used only if Brisco County, Jr. moves during his turn.

Neither of these highlight his "Support Hero" status so they would have to be used in conjunction with a Posse ability or something like that.
Anyhow, thats my .

Last edited by Lamaclown; May 19th, 2009 at 08:48 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards