Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old March 2nd, 2007, 10:11 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Reaper Miniatures to make pre-painted plastic minis!

Reaper miniatures announced yesterday that is will start selling pre-painted plastic minis and sell them in their standard NON-BLIND purchase format. This is interesting news for custom-makers.

http://www.reapermini.com/

Quote:
Available this June Legendary Encounters™ initial release will include: Undead and Orc warriors of various types, an Ogre, Troll and Minotaur. Like our Dark Heaven Legends miniature line, future releases into Legendary Encounters™ will include every type of creature imaginable.

I wonder what scale they will use. I assume this is to compete with D&D minis so they should be the same scale.

Does anyone know what scale Reaper uses for their metal minis?
Old March 2nd, 2007, 10:19 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Re: Reaper Miniatures to make pre-painted plastic minis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler
Reaper miniatures announced yesterday that is will start selling pre-painted plastic minis and sell them in their standard NON-BLIND purchase format. This is interesting news for custom-makers.

http://www.reapermini.com/

Quote:
Available this June Legendary Encounters™ initial release will include: Undead and Orc warriors of various types, an Ogre, Troll and Minotaur. Like our Dark Heaven Legends miniature line, future releases into Legendary Encounters™ will include every type of creature imaginable.

I wonder what scale they will use. I assume this is to compete with D&D minis so they should be the same scale.

Does anyone know what scale Reaper uses for their metal minis?
Hopefully this starts a trend. I always hated blind purchases!
Old March 2nd, 2007, 10:24 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
NOW THAT IS SOME GREAT NEWS! I can't wait to see them. I will definably be stacking up on some of these.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 10:34 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
I agree this is great news. I wonder what the pricing will be. This could be a nice test of the validity of "Merric's Law" (i.e. pre-painted plastic minis can only have 2 of the following: (1) non-blind purchase, (2) low prices, and (3) wide variety).
Old March 2nd, 2007, 10:42 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Quote:
I agree this is great news. I wonder what the pricing will be. This could be a nice test of the validity of "Merric's Law" (i.e. pre-painted plastic minis can only have 2 of the following: (1) non-blind purchase, (2) low prices, and (3) wide variety).
Wide variety will come with time. I am thinking they are going for low cost, and non blind. that is Reapers way. They will probably start with "units" of armies that are generic to cross platform games. Which is just real good news.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 10:46 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
I hope the humans are to scale with the HS figures, because Reaper makes some really stylish human and elf figures.

I'd love to see something like this sold painted:

I wish they had some photos up to give us a sample of what to expect. As usual:

Old March 2nd, 2007, 10:46 AM

I was looking through their website and they have some nice miniatures.

Half-Orc Pirate

Tomb Guard
Old March 2nd, 2007, 11:25 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
I was looking through their website and they have some nice miniatures.
They sure do. The nice thing is that company is supposedly not far away from where I live!

You can find Reaper figures pretty easily in Texas.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 01:15 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
That is some great news! Reaper Minis are excellent figures and I'm looking forward to seeing their prepainted, plastic line!

Thanks for posting the good news, Kepler!

My guess is that the plastic figures will be in scale with their standard 28/30mm lines. Hopefully they will use some of their existing sculpts.

Newb.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 01:36 PM

Erasmas Woo who?
Absolutely! I've been using Reaper minis for years in my Dungeons & Dragons games. Their figures have immaculate detailing and awesome designs. This has the makings of a fine trend indeed.

Erasmas' Wonderful World of Customs!
God save the 4th!!!

Xbox Live Account:
o Erasmas o
Old March 2nd, 2007, 10:24 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Wow! That's freaking awesome! I'm gonna have to camp out at their warehouse. Hopefully they'll have some ready for Reapercon in May!

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old March 4th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
WOOHOO finally fantasy preprinted figs from Reaper!

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions