Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 19th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Where are we now? I still see no real discussion of the elephant in the room.
Of the two options cited (beef up the Fellowship or accept mediocrity), I'd rather seek a compromise: explore the Fellowship as powerful heroes in their own right, capable of forming an army which, when combined with Gandalf, can stand at a level of power comparable Tier 2 builds like the Elf Wizards, Roman Legionnaires, etc. To quote Jexik:
Quote:
On a good day, in the hands of a good player, they very well might walk away with the trophy.
It's a nice middle ground I hope we can reach. As he stands, I think the most ideal Gandalf (which I consider to be the second version in this post) comprises the device the Fellowship needs for mobility, and under the right circumstances, can step in to pick up some offensive slack.

We can, of course, look into bonding squads for certain heroes, and some will already have bonding squads (for example, Gimli with Axegrinder of the Burning Forge). Boromir could easily work with Soldiers of Gondor, Aragorn might end up with a squad of Dunedain Rangers, Legolas with Mirkwood Elves.

The Hobbits are figures I could most easily see with bonding (albeit very selective bonding). That may be a discussion for another time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs