Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 5th, 2014, 09:08 AM

rickert is surprisingly tart
looking for advice for game with grandson

I am having an introductory game Monday morning with my grandson. I have all three of the base sets as well as some early expansions and a few late ones. I am looking for a couple of suggested armies to build today and have ready for him. I am thinking 400-500 points or so. He is 12 and a sharp kid with some card gaming experience but not a lot of miniature experience. We are going to play the full version. I would like to have two armies ready and let him choose the one that appeals to him. I want him to have a good feel for the game when he is done but don't want him him overwhelmed. If anyone can suggested 2 armies I would greatly appreciate it.
Old October 5th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: looking for advice for game with grandson

Check out the "XXXX Point Army" thread compilation thread. Tons of army ideas at various point levels.

Good luck introducing your grandson to the game!
Old October 5th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I don't know how many duplicates you have, so based upon the base sets here are four suggested armies:

High Tech
Major Q10
Agent Carr
Zettian Guards
Krav Maga Agents
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RotV)

Marro
Tor-kul-na
Marro Stingers x2
Marro Drudge x2
Marrden Nagrubs x2

Dragons
Mimring
Othkurik
Deepwyrm Drow x2
Izumi Samurai

Heroes and Soldiers
Airborne Elite
Sgt Drake (SotM)
Ana Karithon
Tandros Kreel

The armies don't have lots of synergies, but it's hard to get synergies from just the base sets. If you have extra squads of Stingers, or Drow, you'll want to add them instead of some of the other units in their armies.

If you have at least 2 squads of Arrow Gruts, add them to the Mimring army and take out some Drow or Samurai. If you have at least 2 squads of Blade Gruts, you can use them with Grimnak for the base of a grut army.
Old October 5th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Heh. I answered you over at BGG before I'd seen your post here. I hope you had fun!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion