Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 14th, 2013, 09:39 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
GenCon '13 Army Thread

440 pts, max 16 figures. Reverse the Whip.

With the change to 16 figures, and the fact that this is Reverse the Whip, I think this warrants a seperate thread froma ny existing 440 point one.

That being said, what are you guys thinking? Two ideas I had were:

Knights x3
Finn
Eldgrim
Fen Hydra

and

Minions x3
Atlaga
Marcu

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: GenCon '13 Army Thread

Well, I would mention my army, but...
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:23 PM

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
3 months is a lot of time...

Old May 14th, 2013, 10:34 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
3 months is a lot of time...
It should be obvious what my initial build is.

~MegaSilver, looking forward to meeting greygnarl. And many other new and old faces!
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, it is pretty obvious...

Venocs x5 200
Venoc Warlord 320
Kaemon/Hydra 440
17 figures, sit a Viper

Minions/Atlaga/Marcu is a good idea, but probably tough to make Day 2 with. Yeah, Atlaga is needed for a solid Minion army. Yeah, I put Marcu in almost every GenCon army I make just for the wannok soaking. But the Minions are too fragile to compete against some of the top tier GenCon armies, especially three squads.

Super Hydra is a neat idea too. Knights are kind of slow without Gilbert though, but Finn's attack aura is amazing. Again, I think you'd suffer from not having enough squads of Knights. Plus, if the Hydra gets a head or two chopped off while he's sleeping or on his way to the fight, you could be in trouble.

As for the event, I'm thinking people are going to play strong like they did last year. I'd count on seeing:

Stingers x4 240
Raelin 320
Kaemon/Hydra/Krug 440
14 figures
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Venocs x5 200
Venoc Warlord 320
Kaemon/Hydra 440
17 figures, sit a Viper

Well, It actually wasn't that...

Venoc Warlord
Venoc Vipers x4
Ulginesh/Q10
Otonashi

BUT, I actually think I like that one better.

~MegaSilver, trying to watch for RTW as well.
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How about:

Krav - 100
Laglor - 110
Microcorp X 2 - 200
Guilty McCreech - 30

11 figures, 440 points.

You could substitute Isamu/Otonashi + Marcu for Guilty, but nobody ever gives the cowboys any love. (and Guilty cuts down on Order Marker management)

I witnessed Laglor and Microcorps demolish multiple opponents and Dad_Scaper's recent event, so I have a lot of respect for the combo.
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
How about:

Krav - 100
Laglor - 110
Microcorp X 2 - 200
Guilty McCreech - 30

11 figures, 440 points.

You could substitute Isamu/Otonashi + Marcu for Guilty, but nobody ever gives the cowboys any love. (and Guilty cuts down on Order Marker management)

I witnessed Laglor and Microcorps demolish multiple opponents and Dad_Scaper's recent event, so I have a lot of respect for the combo.
Would be a good shot, due to the low numbers, which would make it easier to face on Day 2.

I do believe that helped CornPuff, but don't hold me to it. He's a great player too.
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:13 PM

I feel like Microcorps will get chewed up to easily though, since there are so few. D_S probably had help because the opponents were fighting each other.

Old May 15th, 2013, 12:05 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Before Islandscape eschewed Reverse the Whip for a more conventional format (while otherwise maintaining the GenCon Championship format), I had decided to base my army on a Deathcommander/Zettian core (200 points) - leaving 240 points to play with.
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Marden Hounds(x4) & Raelin. 25 hexes, bring some extras.

Braxas, Raelin, Q10. "This is HEROscape!"

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 15th, 2013, 12:02 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Before Islandscape eschewed Reverse the Whip for a more conventional format (while otherwise maintaining the GenCon Championship format), I had decided to base my army on a Deathcommander/Zettian core (200 points) - leaving 240 points to play with.
I'd probably play Phantom Knights x 2/Krav with them.

I'd also consider playing Drow (with Elaria), because of recent experience.

210 Drow x 3
120 Nakitas
60 Elaria
50 Arkmer
440, 14 spaces

Last edited by kolakoski; May 15th, 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion