Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the best filler unit?
Isamu 33 64.71%
Otonashi 0 0%
Kyntela Gwyn 2 3.92%
Marcu Esenwein 10 19.61%
Drow Chainfighter 4 7.84%
Dumutef Guard 0 0%
Swog Rider 0 0%
Sahuagin Raider 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 31st, 2012, 03:50 PM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker
Question Who do you think is the best filler unit?

Hi there,
The title says it all really, before I put in my , I'll just point out that I don't have a Swog Rider or Marcu. My favorite of the ones I have is the Sahuagin Raider. I have rarely played with him, but over the last few days, I've been trying to get a friend in heroscape, and since he's only just started, I've been having pretty small armies, forcing me to go for cheaper units, hence my recent experience with him. I think a figure that you can fairly easily get 6 attack out of is well worth 25 points. Sure, his survivability is dreadful, but if you send him in at the right point, maybe when two powerhouse heroes have just finished a huge bout, leaving one survivor all beat up, he can easily sneak in and deal the final blow. His amphibious special power is really the icing on the cake. stick him on a water tile, and his survivability is drastically improved, as well as 7 move when he starts there, which is a real nice bonus.
So please, tell me what you think, and of course vote in the poll!
Samthegoat
Old December 31st, 2012, 04:02 PM
A cool title

shafizele is surprisingly tart
Re: Who do you think is the best filler unit?

I voted Drow chainfighter, but only because we had 1 game that had molten lava on it, and I had 2 drow chainfighters, and they were on the hilly side of the map, and he had small or medium heroes, and my dice rolls were on fire, and it was set-up perfectly (you can tell by all the ands ). Long story short those two chainfighters killed like 15 times thier point values.

Whatever you do, DO NOT read this, it's completely pointless.
Old December 31st, 2012, 04:18 PM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker

I do really like the chainfighter as well, he was maybe 2nd or 3rd, they're especially useful for pulling omnicron snipers off of height and walloping them with a pretty respectable attack of 4! People really can come up with some uncharacteristically colorful language when they roll no shields, can't they?
Samthegoat
Old December 31st, 2012, 04:29 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Marcu can heal himself on squaddies and he has 6 lives instead of 1. He is far and away the best.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old December 31st, 2012, 04:48 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Marcu is nice as an all around filler, he can make quick work of squads, while healing, plus he makes for a great glyph grabber, but that anger can really ruin your strategy.

IMO, the best for the points is Knytela Gwyn. Although she only really works in a Elf Wizard army, her +1 to defense can work wonders, and she gives a boost to Arkmer, Chardis, Jhordawn and Emirron. If you have Haduc or the Flagbearer, you can give her a much needed defensive edge.

Also, Swog Riders aren't really Filler, they are a critical part of any Arrow Grut army and shouldn't be taken lightly.

All the other filler units just don't have enough life to be of any use, no matter how good there stats look, 1 life doesn't get you anywhere (unless you're Isamu, and are on fire with Disapearing Ninja).

I would also classify Theracus as filler, 40 points is only a hair more expensive than the Swog Rider or the Dumetef Guard, but he is much more effective as a filler unit.

Best Overall - Marcu
Best in/against a specific army - Knytela Gwen
Old December 31st, 2012, 05:23 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I went with Isamu, I can rarely draft an army without the 10 points left over that he fills.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old December 31st, 2012, 05:27 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Isamu, he fills the most holes and is very versitile...plus he has single handley helped me win multple games.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:51 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Sadly, with the Sahugain Raider, his water movement bonus would oft be used getting out of water, therefore making that part of the power pretty useless. Unless you like climbing out of wet holes, of course .
Old December 31st, 2012, 07:00 PM

That is the bad thing about it! It's a shame it doesn't stay on til the end of the round! When I played with him the other day, we had a large pond in the middle. Needless to say, he set up camp there and waited for my opponent to think 'Well, he's only 25 points, what can he do?' before taking down a half dead Drake in 2 turns!
Old December 31st, 2012, 07:07 PM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Isamu, he fills the most holes and is very versitile...plus he has single handley helped me win multple games.
Isamu is normally in most armies because for 10 points, you can't really go wrong. He has a decent attack (becoming a powerful attack against Jandar figures) and a chance to stay in the game much longer than his low point cost would suggest. I, however, have been on the receiving end of poor rolls for his Vanishing Ninja.
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:33 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Many of them have their perks, but as far which is actually the best, it has to be Isamu. His fair normal attack, the especially good attack against Jandar, and his 60% chance to avoid every attack makes him the most logical choice.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:54 AM

Yes but what about the other 40% when he has no chance of survival...

Marcu can stay in the game much longer, and you don't have to depend on a 20 sided die. He can also fly and has a 7 move, the perfect unit to grab glyphs early in the game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units