Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 18th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Maybe it's a feature of which combo you had? Dino/Robots might seem to play itself, but a Wizard/Pirate deck would be pretty darned challenging deck to maximize, I think. Keep at it; I wouldn't be surprised if you find some tactical depth you didn't see in this last game.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 18th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

When you get through the 56 combinations of the base set, you can always pick up the expansions.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old June 18th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

We like the first expansion, with the Bear Cavalry and the Killer Plants. Was that the first? I think so.

The Cthulu expansion adds a big wrinkle to the game and gives a window into how this franchise could go on and on, with the addition of the Madness cards. We missed the most recent expansion (sci fi?), but we don't play this as much as we used to, so I don't miss it.

= =
Old June 18th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

There's a new expansion coming out later this year.

LINK

Old June 18th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

On Monday I played in a 54mm miniatures game at Chas' house. We reenacted a battle from the Crimean War. My Sardinian forces killed many Russians and took no casualties! As it happened by coincidence, I showed up wearing an outfit that matched the uniforms of the soldiers.

Then yesterday, still at Chas' house, we played two games of Kemet. Shermandavies won both of them, bringing his winning streak to three.

Old June 18th, 2014, 06:24 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The first information is out for Firefly the Game Expansion Three: Blue Sun Rim Space on the official site www.fireflythegame.com. Heavy rumors are flying, without specific confirmation, that some material from Serenity (the movie) will be included. This expansion will be demo'd at GenCon in August and generally released in the Fall, as was the original game last year.

Tablewalker is our current Firefly Champion here in NYC! We are now using the original game, plus Breakin' Atmo and Pirates and Bounty Hunters. But will he be able to face Rim Space? MwaHaHa! Its even more dangerous than Border Space, with a new Navigation Deck, two more Reaver Cutters, new Reaver rules, and Josh only knows what else!

Our two games of Kemet mentioned by TW above included our very first four player game, and another three player game. New expansions for both Kemet and Cyclades will be coming out this year in The Fall.

I'm currently solitairing through the six new regular format Memoir 44 D-Day scenarios, which feature the British or Canadians vs Germans. They are available on the main game board site at bgg under the "70th Anniversary" thread. These are by "jdrommel," and were played in Normandy, France just before the anniversary.

Last edited by chas; June 18th, 2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old June 18th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post

LINK
Yup, I saw that. Another reason to be disappointed we didn't get tickets for the AEG game night.

= =
Old June 18th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:

LINK
Yup, I saw that. Another reason to be disappointed we didn't get tickets for the AEG game night.
Thanks for the reminder. I've just come to turns with missing out on that, despite hitting "submit" on my wishlist approximately 7 milliseconds after the events went live. Now you've reopened the wound, and I'll wander around and cry for a few more days.

In terms of games played, my son and I have gotten in a couple more games of Memoir 44. He just wants to play the Allies for now, and he's determined to reenact the "swarming the beaches on D-Day" scenarios, complete with the Allied victory. I've beaten him both times, and I used the opportunity to point out how amazing it was that the Allies won the real battles, given their tactical disadvantages, but he was not impressed with my logic. He's ready for another rematch soon.

Last edited by akden; June 18th, 2014 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Additions
Old June 18th, 2014, 08:17 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:

LINK
I want to like Smash Up more than I do, but every time I play it's just never quite as satisfying as I hope it will be. However, they do know how to pick themes for their factions...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 18th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Business Casual

Last night in Smash-Up, with both my daughters at 10 VP, a 5pt base was going to score. If my wife played a certain special action and removed one of Daughter 2's minions, Daughter 1 would win. If she did nothing, then Daughter 2 would win.

Ended up calling it a draw.

They proceeded to wrestle each other for the win. I had to sit on one and my wife had to drag the other down the hall to separate them, LOAO the entire time. They were just messing around, but teenagers 'just messing around' often leads to broken furniture. Pretty sure that 's not the intent of Smash-Up.

Ahhh, family memories.

Old June 18th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
They were just messing around, but teenagers 'just messing around' often leads to broken furniture. Pretty sure that 's not the intent of Smash-Up.
There's a reason they named it "Smash-Up."

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 18th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
They were just messing around, but teenagers 'just messing around' often leads to broken furniture. Pretty sure that 's not the intent of Smash-Up.
There's a reason they named it "Smash-Up."
"Family Brawl" wasn't as marketable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games