Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 10th, 2017, 09:30 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Ares (Design Phase)

It's hard to say if the answer is strictly "no".

Quote:
Pertaining to his being a war god, violence, anger, hate, death, and bloodshed make him stronger and heals any wounds he may receive as his soul is able to absorb the psychic energy created by such events.
Either way, the easy fix if it is "no" would be to simply make it any "other" figure takes a wound.
Old April 10th, 2017, 11:36 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Would making the markers boost Range and making his base Range 1, with a max of 4, suffice? Obviously, at best maxed out you're still getting your attack of 9 at a range of 4, but it would make it something that will get worse as he loses markers.
That doesn't seem to address my concern, really.
Old April 11th, 2017, 12:06 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Ares(550), Merlyn(160), Jean Grey(180), Civilians x 2(90), Beast Boy Cheetah(20) (1,000)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Spider-Man(250), Wolverine(280), Firestar(120), Swordsman(160) (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

With this game being what I had hoped for from the design, I think we're ready to push this into testing. We can make the 2 changes that seem to be requested the most, 6 defense and War Markers only applying to adjacent attacks.

I propose a vote to move to Initial Playtesting.
@Viegon
@TrollBrute
@johnny139
@japes
@Tornado
@Yodaking
Old April 11th, 2017, 09:02 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Ares (Vote for Initial Playtesting)

Yea
Old April 11th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

The constant marker flux seems like a lot to track to me, but I'll let it go if none of the public testers end up having an issue with it, so Yea.

I would like to see some specific army build suggestions from the CRB, just to make sure we don't overlook anything in testing. I think the recent changes will help keep things in check though.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 11th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Yea, I like a lot of the changes here. One thought though: what about dropping the movement boost from the markers? 6 Move and Flying is generally plenty of mobility, and cutting that boost would clean up the wording nicely.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 11th, 2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Yea, I like a lot of the changes here. One thought though: what about dropping the movement boost from the markers? 6 Move and Flying is generally plenty of mobility, and cutting that boost would clean up the wording nicely.
If we bump the move up, I'd be open to it. He is supposed to be on par with Hermes when he's powered up, so I feel 6 is a bit low for that given Hermes would likely be 10 or so I'd imagine. Not saying it needs to be 10, but 7, maybe 8 would make me more on board, especially with his attack boost being adjacent only, it is useful for him.
Old April 11th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

7 base move seems reasonable to me.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 11th, 2017, 01:23 PM

Alright, that's fine I suppose. Updated. I'd have to guess his points have come closer to 500 at this point.
Old April 11th, 2017, 01:40 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd still prefer this...

GOD OF WAR
After a player takes a turn, if at least one other Unique Hero or Event Hero receives one or more wounds, place 1 black War Marker on this card, to a maximum of 3. After a player takes a turn, if no figure received one or more wounds, remove a War Marker from this card.

But I do feel better about what's in the SP now so YEA

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 11th, 2017, 03:04 PM

Alright, the SP is completely up to date. @dok @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1

What builds do you feel need tested?
Old April 11th, 2017, 03:11 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Bob the Builder

Trying to consider if Fire Ants are better fodder. Given that the engagement thing triggers later, I might just try with a couple long range options (Deadshot and Merlyn are probably the best due to cheapness) and then like Blob or Jean Grey or Diablo or someone who can just stop you from getting there and just ignore running a bunch of fodder. I think at lower point values Ares is going to be much more containable, but as point costs increase, I think he gets better and better.

~Dysole, trying to think of other ways she'd try to exploit this

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library