Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old June 11th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Multiple Drakes in One Army?

So you thought this was going to be a noob Heroscape question in the wrong place, right? No! It's a proud noob duck-owner post. (I'm not sure if there is a right place for such things.)

These arrived yesterday:

It's the first time we've tried to raise ducks (or anything else for that matter). Pretty daunting; any tips, hints, or advice you have are very welcome.

I don't know how many of them are actually drakes; any that are will go by the name of Sgt Drake, obviously. Apparently it's possible to tell the males from the females at this stage, but it seems unnecessarily intimate compared to waiting a few weeks and seeing what colours the feathers turn out.

They should be OK for a couple of weeks in that paddling pool before they need something bigger. My carpentry experience is at about the same level as my duck-rearing experience, so that'll be a challenge too.

Perhaps the biggest challenge will be the killing/butchering. We have a couple of experienced friends we hope will help us out when the time comes. I've never killed anything bigger than a lobster before, and it was never a lobster I'd raised from a day-old duckling in any case (well obviously, but you know what I mean). Of course, Thorian Speed means that the killing will have to be up close and personal. I'm not actually all that quesy about it; it's just something that I know many people have a problem with and I've never done it before.

Anyway, one last photo:

Thanks for indulging a proud new duck-owner, even if all I have to be proud of at this point is receiving a package of ducklings in the mail and having them survive for a day.
Old June 11th, 2008, 11:19 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Multiple Drakes in One Army?

You seem to have a few spares, can I have one?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 11th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
You seem to have a few spares, can I have one?
Sure! As long as you pick them up.

We were planning on getting six, but then found that the minimum order was ten, so got ten. There were twelve in the package when it arrived.
Old June 11th, 2008, 11:42 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Damn, those are cute.
Old June 11th, 2008, 11:51 AM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thorian Speed!

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Damn, those are cute.
Perhaps I should bring one for the prize table at Beantown Beatdown IV?! Great picture Scorpius; it'll be a while before mine are capable of that.
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:16 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought this was an actual HS question... you've got some NERV!
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:29 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

HAHAHA! You got me with your thread title.
----------
Oh yeah, don't be attached to them.
----------
When you have spare duck eggs someday...make some Balots.
----------
Good luck proud duck owner.

Last edited by Ugly-Caco; June 11th, 2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Perhaps the biggest challenge will be the killing/butchering.

Okay. Note to self, don't mess with Ollie. He's a bad, bad man.
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:51 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro View Post
Quote:

I sent Ollie a PM on this. I'm glad I didn't posted it here.

Old June 11th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

I tried it out in my head and "Ollie" just doesn't work as a swap in for "Shaft".

It is wonderfully silly though.
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I sent Ollie a PM on this. I'm glad I didn't posted it here.
I replied. I think you're right that the detail on this aspect of things might not be appreciated by all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane
tried it out in my head and "Ollie" just doesn't work as a swap in for "Shaft".

It is wonderfully silly though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General