Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 10:42 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played my first day of a 3-day short campaign in Hornet Leader: Carrier Air Operations

I chose to attack both a primary and secondary target. This is from the primary target I selected, which is a Minor Airfield.

Spoiler Alert!

I spent several of my Special Operations Points (SOP) to load the Special Weapons onto my aircraft, and my run over the target was able to take out the target and suppress any attacks from the sites and bandit. I did manage to take down the bandit and didn't have many other bandits appear. Overall, the mission went really well.

The attack on the secondary target, a AAA Site, was less successful. I was only able to send 3 aircraft (not the ones sent to strike the primary target), and the flight leader I had equipped with most of the bombs to deliver onto the target was shot down. That prevented me from destroying the target.

So my primary target netted me 2 victory points, the loss of one of my pilots cost me a victory point, and an event card allowed me to spend 2 of my SOP to score 1 victory point. So I'm at 2 VP, one of my pilots is shaken with 7 stress points, and my other pilots are ok with 2 stress points.

Two more days to go!

Since I'm just starting to learn the game, it's taking me some time to play. This game is primarily spent planning your missions and deciding which aircraft to take and how you'll arm them. The part of the game where you actually resolve the mission is quite tense, as things can turn on a dime.

I had mentioned the solitaire game B-17: Queen of the Skies earlier. Unlike that game, where you simply step through a set procedure to resolve each mission with little decision making, this game requires you to study your target area carefully, plan how you'll approach the target, and plan for possible contingencies that could arise. Feel free to take bets on whether this or Mage Knight will be the first to give me a nervous breakdown.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:07 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

We have been playing Smash Up! for the past couple of days and having a blast playing it.

If you are going to GenCon you need to try it out..
Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
Played my first day of a 3-day short campaign in Hornet Leader: Carrier Air Operations

I chose to attack both a primary and secondary target. This is from the primary target I selected, which is a Minor Airfield.

Spoiler Alert!

I spent several of my Special Operations Points (SOP) to load the Special Weapons onto my aircraft, and my run over the target was able to take out the target and suppress any attacks from the sites and bandit. I did manage to take down the bandit and didn't have many other bandits appear. Overall, the mission went really well.

The attack on the secondary target, a AAA Site, was less successful. I was only able to send 3 aircraft (not the ones sent to strike the primary target), and the flight leader I had equipped with most of the bombs to deliver onto the target was shot down. That prevented me from destroying the target.

So my primary target netted me 2 victory points, the loss of one of my pilots cost me a victory point, and an event card allowed me to spend 2 of my SOP to score 1 victory point. So I'm at 2 VP, one of my pilots is shaken with 7 stress points, and my other pilots are ok with 2 stress points.

Two more days to go!

Since I'm just starting to learn the game, it's taking me some time to play. This game is primarily spent planning your missions and deciding which aircraft to take and how you'll arm them. The part of the game where you actually resolve the mission is quite tense, as things can turn on a dime.

I had mentioned the solitaire game B-17: Queen of the Skies earlier. Unlike that game, where you simply step through a set procedure to resolve each mission with little decision making, this game requires you to study your target area carefully, plan how you'll approach the target, and plan for possible contingencies that could arise. Feel free to take bets on whether this or Mage Knight will be the first to give me a nervous breakdown.
I love the telltale David photos with the arrows and text, I've seen those before

Looks like an interesting game, though it seems like a brain burner if it's going to give you a nervous breakdown I've heard MK is pretty intense also, so you must just like to punish yourself David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
We have been playing Smash Up! for the past couple of days and having a blast playing it.

If you are going to GenCon you need to try it out..
I've been eying this one Ona. It looks like fun and I might have to check it out at GenCon. I'm taking my nephew for our first time on an all day Saturday visit to the Con, so I'll try to check it out.

I ordered Tooth & Nail, so I hope it's not too similar.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:04 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Well, I finally jumped the gun and bought Settlers of Catan last week, and I couldn't be more pleased.

July Games

Sequence x6
The Big Bang Theory Party Game x4
Munchkin x4
Thunderstone: Advance
Pandemic x2
Summoner Wars iOS ~x30
Zombie Dice x3
Last Night On Earth x3
Lords of Waterdeep x2
Flash Point: Fire Rescue
Munchkin Bites! x3
Hey, That's My Fish! x2
Family Business x2
Seven Card Samurai x7
Summoner Wars x18
Dicecapades!
Lord of the Rings LCG
Sorry! Sliders
Forbidden Island
Topps Attax
Wiz-War
Clue! x2
Wheel of Fortune
The Logo Game x2
Apples to Apples x2
Settlers of Catan x5
Summoner Wars Free Build x2
Who Wants to be a Millionaire
Scrabble
I've Got It!

That's a total of 111 games last month! Yikes!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nice summer, Scapey! I didn't play any games today, but I did put in a big order online, so more gamey goodness coming my way soon.

I got:

Summoner's Wars: the elves/orcs starter (never played SW yet)
Dominion: Seaside expansion
Race for the Galaxy: Brink of War expansion
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game
7 Wonders
Survive: Escape from Atlantis

Should lead to some good gaming, I hope!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 4th, 2012, 09:19 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Nice summer, Scapey! I didn't play any games today, but I did put in a big order online, so more gamey goodness coming my way soon.

I got:

7 Wonders

Looks like you have some fun coming your way! I've been meaning to catch up on Summoner Wars for a while now.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 4th, 2012, 11:03 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Today in between mowing the lawn and getting stung by yellow jackets (and then destroying the 5 underground yellow jacket nest) we played ..

Flashpoint Fire Rescue Dylan was standing in the doorway with the dog in his hand (the 7th rescue) I was standing just outside the door to grab the dog from him and step out to a victory with my extra actions...and KABOOM!!! the roof caved in. Man I love this game!!!

Lords of Waterdeep This was the closest game we had so far...115 for me...109 for Dylan and 100 for Anthony Jr..I leapfrogged Dylan at the end by having two more Lords quests complete than him.

Smash Upx3 Still undefeated after playing 10 of the possible combination decks. This game is so much fun.
Old August 4th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:

I got:

7 Wonders

Wow! you went all in eh Bats Good stuff there.

Had a 10+ hour game day today and played:

Tsuro
Galaxy Trucker
Space Beans
D-Day Dice
Eminent Domain
Eaten By Zombies
Railways of England and Wales.

Old August 5th, 2012, 12:03 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I'm working a few extra classes this summer, so we decided we could afford to spoil ourselves a bit. I went to CCG Armory after seeing that their prices on the stuff I wanted averaged between $3 and $12 lower than the lowest I'd seen at any other place I'd looked, but I wanted to make sure I spent enough to hit free shipping (which I did ).

But, yeah, my sweetie gave me permission to spend a month or two ahead on my fun money, knowing we have the cash flow to take care of it, but after this splurge I'm pretty much done buying fun stuff until October. Totally worth it, though!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 5th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Prickly Cactus

Well you should have enough to keep you busy for a while anyway

Old August 5th, 2012, 12:10 AM

That's the plan! Next splurge will hopefully be on Heroclix or C3G card printing.

Old August 5th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I went to CCG Armory
Red flag!!! There are tons of horror stories about them on BGG, Mostly people ordering something that they said was in stock, then finding out it was not in stock (usually when they received their order without some things) and then weeks and/or months of not being able to get refunds for the out-of-stock items. Hoping for the best here!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games