Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old September 6th, 2010, 09:36 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Magic:The Gathering

I overheard someone using the term "mana ramp" the other day... What does that mean?

Old September 6th, 2010, 10:37 AM

Temprit is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I overheard someone using the term "mana ramp" the other day... What does that mean?
It's where most of the cards in your deck supply you with mana. For example "Tap, add 1 forest to your mana pool."

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old September 6th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temprit View Post
Quote:
It's where most of the cards in your deck supply you with mana. For example "Tap, add 1 forest to your mana pool."
If most of your cards are giving you mana, then you're probably doing it wrong. Generally speaking having more than about 12-14 cards that accelerate your mana production in a 60 card deck with 24 land is too many because your deck wont' have the threat density to be able to hold it's own.

How I always designed those decks was to have target numbers for mana production, usually something like three mana turn two, and seven mana by turn 4/5 and to use those target numbers to figure out how many accelerants I needed and at what point values to put them at.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old September 6th, 2010, 07:26 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Quote:
If most of your cards are giving you mana, then you're probably doing it wrong. Generally speaking having more than about 12-14 cards that accelerate your mana production in a 60 card deck with 24 land is too many because your deck wont' have the threat density to be able to hold it's own.

How I always designed those decks was to have target numbers for mana production, usually something like three mana turn two, and seven mana by turn 4/5 and to use those target numbers to figure out how many accelerants I needed and at what point values to put them at.
I have you know that at Friday Night Magic this past week, I was killed by an 8/8 Llanowar Elves (mana prodction creature that is normally 1/1). Don't insult the mana-producing creatures: they will grow and kill you.

That link from yesterday is updated with a few new Scars or Mirrodin cards.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 6th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have you know that at Friday Night Magic this past week, I was killed by an 8/8 Llanowar Elves (mana prodction creature that is normally 1/1). Don't insult the mana-producing creatures: they will grow and kill you.

I'm not bad mouthing them, Llanowar Elves are really good (Fyndorns are better though ). All I'm saying is that mana accelerators become redundant quickly, and you want to have things that do stuff with all that extra mana. Otherwise, why ramp up?

Old September 6th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Taking a man check - Gangnam spider style!

Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not bad mouthing them, Llanowar Elves are really good (Fyndorns are better though ). All I'm saying is that mana accelerators become redundant quickly, and you want to have things that do stuff with all that extra mana. Otherwise, why ramp up?

Heh heh, green levelers. Pure evil.

Well, up there with mill decks anyway.

*jace beleren takes off the top twenty cards of your deck, and enjoys it.*

Chilling Touch is Kee-Kee storytelling the PARALLEL CAVE...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old September 6th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilling Touch View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You've never played against 1.5 Landstill have you? That's pure evil . . . .

Old September 6th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Taking a man check - Gangnam spider style!

Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilling Touch View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You've never played against 1.5 Landstill have you? That's pure evil . . . .

Never heard of that one. Do tell.

~CT, reviving the dead jace beleren with sun titan...

Chilling Touch is Kee-Kee storytelling the PARALLEL CAVE...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old September 6th, 2010, 09:16 PM

Clockwork_Knight is surprisingly tart

Don't see many mill decks were I am, mostly casual players with either combo decks, one or two ramp, tribal, and lots of odd decks. Just now starting to get in EDH. I perosnly play W\U Stormtide, Mono green stompy, U artifact.

I play only casual now, T2 is too damn expensive for me that and there are far too many snobs and other highly annoying players at the only near by game store.

I don't know about any one else but I've been considering getting rid of most my Heroscape so I can buy Scars of MIrrodin, I'm a huge artifact fan and the new set has me drooling.

Sit down, shut up and eat your damn Twinkie.

Trades done with- Filbey, MI_Tiger Hilo-scaper Mutt Lo,SuperflyTNT
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:30 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork_Knight View Post
Don't see many mill decks were I am, mostly casual players with either combo decks, one or two ramp, tribal, and lots of odd decks. Just now starting to get in EDH. I perosnly play W\U Stormtide, Mono green stompy, U artifact.

I play only casual now, T2 is too damn expensive for me that and there are far too many snobs and other highly annoying players at the only near by game store.

I don't know about any one else but I've been considering getting rid of most my Heroscape so I can buy Scars of MIrrodin, I'm a huge artifact fan and the new set has me drooling.

That's funny... I sold all my Magic cards and bought more Heroscape!

Old September 6th, 2010, 11:09 PM

Clockwork_Knight is surprisingly tart

Quote:
I'm keeping a good chunk of my tiles and my favorites but the rest can go. its hard to find any one to play Heroscape here and easy to find fellow Magic the Gathering and D&D players

Sit down, shut up and eat your damn Twinkie.

Trades done with- Filbey, MI_Tiger Hilo-scaper Mutt Lo,SuperflyTNT
Old September 6th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
No kidding. The amount of store credit I got at CSI for fifty-some select M:tG cards was ridiculous, and there weren't more than half a dozen or so dual lands.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games