Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old February 23rd, 2016, 12:55 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Wing

But debris fields are so BIG! I like to use the smallest asteroids possible, unless I'm flying really maneuverable ships like TIE Interceptors or A-Wings. In that case I bring out the debris fields and big asteroids. Paul Heaver (3-time world champ of X-wing) wrote a great article detailing the strategy behind placing obstacles in tournaments. The first step is to learn how to fly around them, of course.

If you have a Huge ship, you can substitute 3 asteroids for using a Huge ship as an obstacle, which is a fun change but kind of bland once you've done it once or twice.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 10:41 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
But debris fields are so BIG! I like to use the smallest asteroids possible, unless I'm flying really maneuverable ships like TIE Interceptors or A-Wings. In that case I bring out the debris fields and big asteroids. Paul Heaver (3-time world champ of X-wing) wrote a great article detailing the strategy behind placing obstacles in tournaments. The first step is to learn how to fly around them, of course.
That article says to place Asteroids in the corners if you don't want to have to deal with them, but in tourney play (at least at the CoolStuff stores where I play) you are required to place the asteroids at least range 2 from the edge of the board, so that strategy falls apart.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:17 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Just got Most Wanted + 1 Rebel Headhunter. Can't wait for my brother to come over so we can open it up. I'm looking forward to Munitions Failsafe. I may have to buy quite a few more headhunters in the future--their upgrade cards are decent and pretty broadly applicable.

Z-95s!

I will say though, that you'll be prefer the Guidance Chips once they come out. At 0 pts, in a mod slot, when firing a torp or missile, you can convert any dice result into a hit. Furthermore, if you have 3 more attack dice, you can instead convert it into a crit.

Overall, as I've found out, Failsafe is nice but is actually overcosted. Guidance Chimps fixes the main issue of ordnance; reliability to hit.

That said, Z-95s are great swarm ships (as a Z swarmer myself) and also great missile carriers themselves, especially once Guidance Chips comes out in Wave 8.
Good to know that far, far away and a long time ago, they also used trained chimpanzees for space applications to prevent risk to human (and other sentient being) life.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:32 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Quote:
That article says to place Asteroids in the corners if you don't want to have to deal with them, but in tourney play (at least at the CoolStuff stores where I play) you are required to place the asteroids at least range 2 from the edge of the board, so that strategy falls apart.
You place the asteroids as far towards the corners as you can legally, not literally in the corner of the board. You still have to deal with the asteroids, but they should be spread out enough that they're easy to fly around.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 12:33 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

That's what he says to do:

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 23rd, 2016, 02:33 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Quote:

That's what he says to do:

I didn't see the shaded part. That's embarrassing
Old February 24th, 2016, 04:15 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Ordered a B-Wing for myself and an E-Wing for my brother's birthday. Excited to fly new (to me) ships this weekend

My trade thread, now with Classic, C3V and SoV units!
All units come with cards.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51709
Old February 24th, 2016, 04:26 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Fantasy Flight Games is awesome! I read somewhere on the FFG forums that people were sending customer service requests for replacement parts and getting them fulfilled. This in spite of the fact that the replacement program is officially only for factory defects.

I decided to test it out myself with the stuff I was missing from what my cousin gave me: an X-wing figure from the core set; a green defense dice; some pilot cards from the core set, and interceptor, B-wing, and A-wing expansions; a couple of dials; some cardboard base tokens; and a few other things. I also asked for a replacement B-wing since the one I got from my cousin is missing the part where the base peg attaches to it.

They said "normally this is only for replacing factory defects, but in this case we can help you" and replaced it *all* and included a few cards and such that I didn't even ask for. The only thing wrong was that I asked for a few more pegs and they gave me a few more bases instead, but I can hardly complain about that!

Does anyone have a spare B-Wing dial laying around? That way I could still use the "broken" B-Wing (if I can ever get a jury-rigged peg-port to stick)

--
--
--

--
Old February 25th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

So why were those things missing from what your cousin gave you Cap? Was all that stuff missing or broken when he bought it new, or did it become missing or broken after he broke/lost stuff?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 26th, 2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
So why were those things missing from what your cousin gave you Cap? Was all that stuff missing or broken when he bought it new, or did it become missing or broken after he broke/lost stuff?
I think the stuff was lost/broken by his kids and a move.

--
--
--

--
Old February 26th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

FFG is pretty generous then. So people can't really complain much that their games are expensive.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 26th, 2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
FFG is pretty generous then. So people can't really complain much that their games are expensive.
Right. I didn't specify how I got the stuff or how the parts came to be missing, but their response clearly indicated that they understood it wasn't missing NIB or a factory defect.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures