Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 18th, 2008, 01:52 PM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
Re: NOOO! Just missed it storys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
Swelled head is too... provocative. I would have gone with 'that is a swell guy.'
How about noggin then... and you must not get the reference .....

Old May 14th, 2008, 06:21 PM

Nezime is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: NOOO! Just missed it stories.

My best story isn't when I just missed something but when I barely got it. l
I was on my way back from visiting an out of town friend and I decided to stop in at the wal-mart up there. I go back to the games section and theres a kid holding a complete set of wave 1. So im thinking to myself "crap I just missed it", then all of a sudden the kids mom walks up and she says something along the lines of "do you think he would like that? or would he like something else better?

All of a sudden I have a chance. Then the kid opens his mouth again and again my hope falls. The kid says that he's pretty sure that his friend doesn't have it and really wants it. Then his mother says that he could just put them down, and look around a bit. They wouldn't go anywhere. Needless to say at this point i'm practically jumping for joy. The kid had barely turned the corner to leave the isle before I had picked them up, and was leaving with them.

If he was buying them for himself i might have not taken them. However his friend will never miss what he never saw.
Old May 14th, 2008, 06:48 PM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

That is a great story. It put a smile my face.
Old May 14th, 2008, 06:56 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezime View Post
My best story isn't when I just missed something but when I barely got it. l
I was on my way back from visiting an out of town friend and I decided to stop in at the wal-mart up there. I go back to the games section and theres a kid holding a complete set of wave 1. So im thinking to myself "crap I just missed it", then all of a sudden the kids mom walks up and she says something along the lines of "do you think he would like that? or would he like something else better?

All of a sudden I have a chance. Then the kid opens his mouth again and again my hope falls. The kid says that he's pretty sure that his friend doesn't have it and really wants it. Then his mother says that he could just put them down, and look around a bit. They wouldn't go anywhere. Needless to say at this point i'm practically jumping for joy. The kid had barely turned the corner to leave the isle before I had picked them up, and was leaving with them.

If he was buying them for himself i might have not taken them. However his friend will never miss what he never saw.
So it was you!!!!!

Hehe jk.

Some of these stories are giving me nightmares, though... Hehe...
Old May 14th, 2008, 10:29 PM

time scourge has disabled reputation

I do not have a story of just missing somthing but for Christmas i get 2 lawmen sets and my brother gets 1x elf archer set and the hero set with the vampires.....
Old May 14th, 2008, 10:45 PM

SVD997 knows what's in an order marker SVD997 knows what's in an order marker

Wow... I have to many to count... unfortunately, I got out of HS for awhile, and while I was out, I saw every wave and expansion (including the TRU exclusives) come and go. I had more than ample opportunity to have a complete collection at this point, but no... I had to stop playing for awhile. Now, I regret with not keeping up with the waves and expansions when I saw them.
Old May 15th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
...One week later, I saw the Walmart exclusive set at my local Walmart. I had no money at the time, but my birthday was coming up in the end of February. Low and behold, there were no exclusive sets on the shelf.

That's not the only time I missed out on the EOV. This past Thanksgiving I hooked my cousins on the game. Their parents managed to find an EOV set at their local Walmart a day or two before Christmas. I found out on Christmas day. They said there were three or four more sets on the shelf when they left, so I headed down to that Walmart the day after Christmas. All they had was a set of Nakitas.
So did you ever get the EOV?

You can't just leave us hanging like that!

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 15th, 2008, 09:12 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
...One week later, I saw the Walmart exclusive set at my local Walmart. I had no money at the time, but my birthday was coming up in the end of February. Low and behold, there were no exclusive sets on the shelf.

That's not the only time I missed out on the EOV. This past Thanksgiving I hooked my cousins on the game. Their parents managed to find an EOV set at their local Walmart a day or two before Christmas. I found out on Christmas day. They said there were three or four more sets on the shelf when they left, so I headed down to that Walmart the day after Christmas. All they had was a set of Nakitas.
So did you ever get the EOV?

You can't just leave us hanging like that!

Jim
Nope, never got them. To this day I'm still looking for those little buggers. I think it was Albert King who once sang. "If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all." I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I'm posting here with a very happy update. Either that, or I will find a boat load of W1, enough to the point where I have too many squads of Venocs, at which point I will repaint them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion