Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 17th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Announcing the Marlboro College Fall Brawl, VT

It's fine with me. What are the weekend dining hall hours at the moment? Will that give the Marlboro players enough time to eat before we start?
Old October 17th, 2008, 09:38 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

If I can make it, the earlier the better, so an 11AM start works for me.

-insert signature here-
Old October 17th, 2008, 03:09 PM

Habeo_Bukkit Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
It's fine with me. What are the weekend dining hall hours at the moment? Will that give the Marlboro players enough time to eat before we start?
I don't know when brunch starts, but the Marlboro players could run out and grab something and then return.

"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan,
designed and directed by his red right hand."

- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Red Right Hand
Old October 17th, 2008, 04:58 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

11 works fine for my son and I. I might have another person coming along too. I got a co-worker to play last week and I think he is hooked.
Old October 20th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

A few map ideas.

I now have Lexan water and grass mats. We should try out a few of the maps from Cavalier's contest: Round 1 and Round 2. I particularly like Trespass, because it gives a full-sized map without using a masterset. Dying Oasis uses sand rather than grass, but I think it will work anyway.

I'd also like to see my Halo of Ashes have a try-out. I think it's the only tournament-worthy map I've built. It uses quite a few expansions (lava x2 and jungle) so that's a count against it.

We could also try out some of the maps suggested for TempleCon. Of those I found StarOcean's unnamed effort, Dolin's Switchback and Serpentine particularly eye-catching.
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am in, of course, and 11 is fine by me for this tournament, as it's only an hour away!

But I must climb into my role as "correct address overseer" and request that you update the first post with a full, correct, GPS-able adddress (do not forget to add town, as I, for one, have no idea in what town the Marlboro College Humanities building is. You won't believe how long it took me to realize Uconn is not in East Hartford but in Storrs for NHSD), and perhaps a room number or something?

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
I am in, of course, and 11 is fine by me for this tournament, as it's only an hour away!

But I must climb into my role as "correct address overseer" and request that you update the first post with a full, correct, GPS-able adddress (do not forget to add town, as I, for one, have no idea in what town the Marlboro College Humanities building is. You won't believe how long it took me to realize Uconn is not in East Hartford but in Storrs for NHSD), and perhaps a room number or something?
Habeo will have to edit the first post, but here's the information:

Marlboro College
2852 South Road
Marlboro
VT 05344

The Humanities building is more commonly known as Dalrymple, and the room we're playing in is variously known as The Long Room, The Culbertson Room and D38. It's Building 12 on this map. (Actually I suspect we'll have to spread to nearby classrooms if the numbers get higher than about 16, which I hope they will, but this room will be the headquarters.)

EDIT. You have booked the room, haven't you Habeo? It might be worth booking D33E and whatever numbers the the D4x classrooms are too.

Last edited by ollie; October 20th, 2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old October 20th, 2008, 10:32 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
You won't believe how long it took me to realize Uconn is not in East Hartford but in Storrs for NHSD)

Um...it said Storrs CT right on the first post

We will leave you a trail of breadcrumbs, have a signal fire burning and will fire off a flare to alert you of our location.
Old October 21st, 2008, 08:44 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
You won't believe how long it took me to realize Uconn is not in East Hartford but in Storrs for NHSD)

Um...it said Storrs CT right on the first post

We will leave you a trail of breadcrumbs, have a signal fire burning and will fire off a flare to alert you of our location.
I just reread that first post, and only on the poster with the wrong previous location does it mention Storrs, and since it had that wrong location I looked everywhere else but there.

I think the point I am trying to make is that the address need to be so clearly spelled out that even a moron like me has a fighting chance of getting there.

Old October 21st, 2008, 09:02 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I didn't know you were a member of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints
Old October 21st, 2008, 09:21 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

-insert signature here-
Old October 21st, 2008, 09:34 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I didn't know you were a member of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints
moron, not mormon...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events