Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

View Poll Results: who is the most scary?
Braxas 177 39.86%
Krav Maga Agents 61 13.74%
Major Q9 206 46.40%
Voters: 444. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 5th, 2008, 05:17 PM

Hatchetbill has disabled reputation
I find Q9 scarier. Not because he is the hardest to beat, but scary because every game with Q9 in it sucks.

I've found that there are only so many units that are effective against him so when Q9 is chosen, the opponent just drafts accordingly and predictably (Charos, Jotun, Su-bak-na, etc.). You all know what your personal choices are for anti-Q9.

I find that for most other units I have can generally come up with a minimum of half a dozen effective/reliable counter drafts. Not so with the major. I like Heroscape because every game is different and new. Drafting Q9 just sems to force the same old predictable story. Repetition for me is scary.
Old February 8th, 2008, 11:50 AM

Darkomen57 has disabled reputation
I would say.... Q9.

Bitefight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
...good grammar will get you far on this site. (at least a lot farther than the reverse).
Old February 8th, 2008, 05:18 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Q9<Q10<Kaemon Awa<Braxas<Stingers...skip a few...<Krav Maga Agents

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old February 9th, 2008, 08:04 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Q9 strikes fear into Man and Primadon alike....

But seriously, you have a bias towards Vydar? Charos generally scares me the most when he is drafted.
Old February 18th, 2008, 07:12 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker
Braxas generally seems to instill more fear than Q9, but both can be taken down pretty decently by the Kozuke Samurai. And the Krav Maga can be taken down with any special attack. Personally to come up against an equal points worth of Minions would be more dangerous.

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Old February 18th, 2008, 08:04 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
so what happens if ye see both q9 and braxis?

bhahaha

cheers

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old February 19th, 2008, 07:47 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanNinja
Braxas generally seems to instill more fear than Q9, but both can be taken down pretty decently by the Kozuke Samurai. And the Krav Maga can be taken down with any special attack. Personally to come up against an equal points worth of Minions would be more dangerous.
I seriously beg to differ... Stealth Dodge works on both normal and special attacks. That's one of the reasons the Krav are so strong, and why they are included in competitive armies much more often than their female, white-clad counterparts.

In general, I would say Q9 is the scariest, but it depends on the type of army I'm playing. If I have a bunch of Minions, I can deal with Q9 but Braxas scares the heck out of me. If I have a bunch of 4th Mass, I'm not too fond of seeing the Krav Maga across from me. Also, nearly any army I have can't stand to look across the table and see a bunch of deathreavers.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 19th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
While it's true that Stealth Dodge is very versatile and protects against specials, the infamous 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 Q-gun, or Braxas' acid breath both kill the Krav pretty fast. Cyprien too. Nilfheim has enough movement to engage them much of the time, and if they weren't placed carefully, he might even ice two of them.

They'll still kill their points worth against almost any ranged squad though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 19th, 2008, 01:04 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
While it's true that Stealth Dodge is very versatile and protects against specials, the infamous 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 Q-gun, or Braxas' acid breath both kill the Krav pretty fast. Cyprien too. Nilfheim has enough movement to engage them much of the time, and if they weren't placed carefully, he might even ice two of them.

They'll still kill their points worth against almost any ranged squad though.
Agreed, Q9 firing 1's is pretty strong against the Krav. DED's Ullar Enhanced Rifle is also strong against them, but not because it's a special attack. I just wanted to make the point that Stealth Dodge does work against special attacks (Poisonous Acid Breath and Chilling Touch aren't special attacks, so they're good as well) in case he was playing them wrong.

I would agree that Nilf can usually engage them, but I would think that much of the time the Krav would get a few wounds on him first if they spread out, possibly earning their points back anyway. Also, remember that Nilf is only faster than them on hilly terrain - they are the same speed on flat ground, and then whether or not Nilf catches them has to do with initiative, order markers and how long it takes the Krav to run out of room to back up.

Also, notice that all of the units we've mentioned here (save DED) are at least 50% more points than the Krav are, meaning you've got to spend top dollar to effectively counter them (these units are still strong anyway, not just as Krav-counters, but it shows that they take a lot of effort to bring down, especially with Raelin or Laglor).

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 21st, 2008, 12:48 PM

-le0emperor- has disabled reputation
Krav Maga these guys are such pains in the a** I can handle the dragon and Q9, but get adjacent, or destroying the Krav Maga with range seems so hard.
Old February 21st, 2008, 10:28 PM

ilikepie has disabled reputation
The Krav Maga Agents. I just played a game in which the Krav Maga Agents KILLED Braxas in about two turns. I couldn't kill them until nearly the end of the game (Einar Imperium chopped them up).
Old April 27th, 2008, 01:32 AM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation
Re: You look across the table...

Krav Maga Agents are jokes. Chase 'em down with something with good move, or ,OH the ninjas. they're no threat to you if they can't catch you. I personally like the ghosts of bleakewood. They have a total threat range of 8, thats just beyound the Krav Maga Agents range. just make sure your up hill of them and get lucky.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles