Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old October 11th, 2006, 06:19 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
As per the card on 1-15 nothing happens. Nothing.

On 20 you get a kill, keep the markers.

Only on 16-19 do you lose/use a marker.

~Aldin
OoOOoO

We have been playign you lose a marker if you get the 20 kill

I like your rational better.

Man this dude is powerful!
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:35 PM

D-Dyzzle has disabled reputation
i say put morsnbaine in a blender and get it over with, a fig aint hte same without its powers.
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:37 PM

sigmazero13 has disabled reputation
I agree with Cavalier and others that the card is pretty clear on this - only the actual targeted figure will die.

If the MARKER is on a card, then it indicates that all figures in the squad are affected; this is just for ease of reference. I'm sure that you could probalby just mark the individual FIGURE with the marker if you wanted to house rule it, but I suspect you'd be more likely to forget it was there.
Old October 12th, 2006, 12:43 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
the card is actually quite clear..

15-19 negates the ability(s) on the chosen unique fiqure's card totally for all fiqures

20 it kill the chosen fiqure..however it does not negate the ability(s) of the rest of the squad.

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old October 12th, 2006, 09:28 AM

tim_stl has disabled reputation
i actually did submit the question to hasbro, to be sure (the 'figure's special powers' wording made me wonder).

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Hasbro with your question on Heroscape! Perhaps I can help.

Morsbane can negate any Unique figure, including any Unique Squad figure.

When a Negation Marker is placed on a Unique Squad Army Card, each figure that is tied to that card is negated. However, if the Rod of Negation destroys the Unique Squad figure that is within range of Morsbane, only that one figure is affected. The other Squad figures are safe for the moment.

I hope that answers your question. If there is anything else I can help you with, please visit www.hasbro.com or respond to this e-mail.

Customer 07/12/2006 05:49 PM
can morsbane's negation power be used on unique squads? if so, does the entire squad lose its abilities? is only the targeted figure destroyed on a roll of 20, or the entire squad?
Old October 12th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_stl
i actually did submit the question to hasbro, to be sure (the 'figure's special powers' wording made me wonder).

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Hasbro with your question on Heroscape! Perhaps I can help.

Morsbane can negate any Unique figure, including any Unique Squad figure.

When a Negation Marker is placed on a Unique Squad Army Card, each figure that is tied to that card is negated. However, if the Rod of Negation destroys the Unique Squad figure that is within range of Morsbane, only that one figure is affected. The other Squad figures are safe for the moment.

I hope that answers your question. If there is anything else I can help you with, please visit www.hasbro.com or respond to this e-mail.

Customer 07/12/2006 05:49 PM
can morsbane's negation power be used on unique squads? if so, does the entire squad lose its abilities? is only the targeted figure destroyed on a roll of 20, or the entire squad?
and there you go. Just like we have been saying.
Old October 12th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
Re: morsbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyhedwig
I'm not saying you are wrong on this one, ASmiles, but I think that could possibly be the worst ruling I have ever heard on this game, especially if it comes from the creators themselves. Think about it. PART of the special ability works on squads but not ALL. Yes, it negates them all, but it would only kill the targeted figure. Makes no sense. Someone really needs to explain this to me, because I am "the rules guy" in my group of players and I think if I tried to explain Morsbane's special power this way they would lynch me. I say, it would kill them all. Either that, or negate only one. Doesn't make sense any other way. Thoughts?
Yup - you kill the figure only on a roll of 20, but 16-19 you negate the card, which would effect all unique squad figures.

As for an explanation of how this can be? Easy . . . . it's magic!

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old October 13th, 2006, 02:33 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
You know what? You ever ask a question about something and feel foolish later? That's me right now. You see, I just wasn't thinking when I made that post about Morsbane earlier. It doesn't cost you a negation marker when you destroy the figure, correct? Now what we are saying here makes sense. Let me give you an example of what I mean. Let's say my Morsbane destroys one of my opponents Krav Maga Agents. I would be royally ticked off if that would cost me a marker. Because think about it. Killing one third of a hundred points would not be worth losing the marker. You follow me folks? That's a marker that could be used for Krug negation. Sorry I questioned the ruling guys. I was way off on that one.
Old October 21st, 2006, 02:35 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I used Morsbane last night and he was the MVP of the night. One thing did come up however. I negated Concan's card. I know he lost his Bonus with the knights and Sentinels, but does Concan also loose his Flying ability? I said yes last night, but I wanna use him again tonight. Just wanna make sure we used him right. Anyone?
Old October 21st, 2006, 02:36 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
I used Morsbane last night and he was the MVP of the night. One thing did come up however. I negated Concan's card. I know he lost his Bonus with the knights and Sentinels, but does Concan also loose his Flying ability? I said yes last night, but I wanna use him again tonight. Just wanna make sure we used him right. Anyone?
Yes, he does lose flying.
Old October 21st, 2006, 02:41 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
Quote:
Awsome, thanks man. He took out Drake with a 20 and negated Concan. The only other time I've ever used him, he negated Carr and got a 20 on X17. Great hero.
Old November 7th, 2006, 06:04 PM

Piherculis knows what's in an order marker Piherculis knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
Quote:
Is that an offical Hasbro ruling? If so this guy is even more evil, and belongs to Utgar!

If money can't buy happiness. . . what are you saving it for?
my maps- my terrain - my figs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's