Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 4th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
LordRaidor's Customs: Direwood Ents - pg. 7

O.K., ...hopefully this will be the LAST time I have to rebuild my Customs Thread. "Third time's the charm," they say... ^_^

Most cards are present only in my lack-luster "card-sized" card format. Those with a spiffy, official-looking, hexagonaloid image have been retooled by the gracious and amazingly talented Atmospro, to whom I own an eternal debt of gratitude. Enjoy (...or not, ...your choice.) ^_^

To make browsing more convenient, here is an INDEX of all of my customs:
Click on a thumbnail to view a larger card image
Click on a unit name to see its bio and source figure info
Full-Size (best) images are, as always, available in My Gallery
Click here to see my custom species, the Zaravi (they are in a separate thread).

AGENT BLADE
BATTLE DROIDS
DEATHDEALERS
DIREWOOD ENTS
DONOVAN
FEYLORA & REYLANA
FIREHAWK Mk6
FORSAKEN
GENERAL GRIEVOUS
GLACIAN LYNXAURS
HIGH AVATAR KAARA
KI-ADI-MUNDI
KIRIKUS
MAGNAGUARDS
PLO KOON
PRAEMUS
PRINCE GROVEK
RUNEMASTER VARKETH
SINTI SWORD DANCERS
SIREMA THE ANGEL OF MERCY
SPECIAL AGENT CHEN
STASS ALLIE
STORMHAWK Mk7
TANNETH DRAANUHN
THUNDERHAWK Mk8
WOOKIEE COMMANDOS
ZORN THE DESTROYER

^_^
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]

Last edited by LordRaidor; March 26th, 2015 at 07:20 PM.
Old June 4th, 2006, 04:58 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
i forget - why didn;t you make a AAyla Secura card?
Didn;t like her well enough?

Cause she's got a nice mini in the SW Unleashed packages (along with Yoda)
Old June 4th, 2006, 11:40 PM

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Aayla, Huh? Well...

I made all my SW customs in a single big batch right after ROTS came out. At the time, Aayla was too rare and waaaay too popular to get ahold of one for cheap (I did look). Hadn't seen the 'unleashed' Aayla yet, but aren't those figs a little too big for HS?...

Anyhow, I made the SW units for my kids, and now that they're appeased, I'm basically not interested in making any more Star Wars stuff...

Not that I dislike them or anything. In fact, a couple of them are amoung my favorite custom units. I just feel like there are enough Jedi in Valhalla already, ...yaknow...

^_^
-LordRaidor-
Old June 4th, 2006, 11:44 PM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
Man you make some sweet work their. I'd say more but I don't have time to give them in depth looks. Not that I would offer any critism, more like props.

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old June 6th, 2006, 12:03 AM

D'Hoffryn has disabled reputation
There might be enough Jedi, but I'd sure like to see you do cards for super battle droids, destroyer droids, ARC troopers- heck any clone trooper... There are plenty of good candidates. I've been pointed to the HStoolkit for more Star Wars related HS cards, but I could never get it to work on my computer.

www.classicminiatures.net - casting for the love of old miniatures, especially Heritage
Old June 6th, 2006, 11:49 PM

Tra-La-La...

Thanx for the kindly words M.G. ^_^

D'Hoffryn, ...I had at one point posted several ideas for Destroyer Droids (Utgar) and Clone Trooper squads (Einar) at HSHQ, but those might be a little hard to find at this point...

While I'm flattered by the nudge, I'm fairly certain my own SW customs days are over. Keep an eye out in the 'customs' forum though - sooner or later somebody will start a "Star Wars Customs" conglomerate thread, and I bet somebody will post the units you're longing for...

^_^
-LordRaidor-
Old August 20th, 2006, 06:23 PM

LordRaidor's Customs: Praemus the Gladiator

Well, ...its been about, what, ...7 months since I posted a new custom unit (that wasn't a Zaravi)? Since the Zaravi Contest is nearing a close, I thought I better get back into the routine of posting my customs again, ...so, ...Here We Go!!!

I wanted to be the first kid in the neighborhood to post a Gladiator custom. (Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to get around the customs 'neighborhood' alot lately, so someone has probably beaten me to the punch, ...but what the Heck, ...what I don't know won't hurt me!) Though I don't actually own any Gladiators yet, as soon as I saw pix of them, I knew I already had the perfect Gladiator custom...

I built this guy back about last October, based around the 'charging' concept of Kark's Zombie Centaurs. I just called him "Hammer" then, and signed him up under Utgar as a Wild Warrior. It never really 'felt' right to me, so he got moved to the back of the 'customs-in-progress' box. I later renamed him "Sledge" and gave him a second power, but he still didn't strike me as finished...

Nine months later, ...enter Spartacus, Crixus, and Retiarius, and I knew I finally had a concept for ol' "Hammer". I switched him over to Einar, made him a Rebellious Gladiator instead, and changed his name to something more fitting (a derivation of the latin root for the verb "to strike violently")... ^_^

No backgroud biography yet, since I don't have any official cannon to tie-in with my new Gladiator, but I'll write one as soon as Hasbro opens the door a little for me. In the meanwhile, I give you, ...Praemus...

The figure is a MageKnight "Cult Enforcer", which are cheap-as-dirt online. They even come in a variety of skin-tones...

As always, comments and feedback welcome. (Don't hold back, ...you wouldn't want me to get out of shape as a customs designer, now would you?)

^_^
-LordRaidor-
Old August 20th, 2006, 06:51 PM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation
Re: Aayla, Huh? Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaidor
Hadn't seen the 'unleashed' Aayla yet, but aren't those figs a little too big for HS?...
I have seen those at walmart and other stores and they are like twice the size of HS figures.

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old August 21st, 2006, 05:39 AM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
Raidor, your customs tend to make me think you are the unholy offspring of Truth and Reaper, because your customs all squeeze together somewhere between Reaper's style and Truth's style. (Reaper = lots o' text, every aspect of the unit in question encorporated in some way or other. Truth = few abilities, simple straightforward themes.)
Thank you for mentioning my centaurs. The inspiration is obvious, but ol' Sparts can use the extra help, and I think Staggering Impact is a terrifically thematic ability and a great way to implement the old turn marker removal concept. I would have been sorely tempted to put it on my centaurs if I'd thought of it first and actually had room, lol. It really has that nice spark to it that seems that it'd be conducive to fun in gameplay.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old August 21st, 2006, 01:51 PM

Hey Kark...

Thanx for the input Kark, and for the props on 'Staggering Impact'.

...I wasn't initially sure how I should interpret the 'unholy offspring' comment, ...but upon further review, I've decided to take it as a compliment... ^_^

I'm not actually fond of the Gladiators, and I probably won't play them much (including my own), ...I just thought the fig, abilities, and theme were all a perfect fit. You're right that Spart'n'Crew can use all the help they can get (I think they're all overcosted - though some more than others)...

Praemus here is sortof the all-or-nothing agressor: the "nitro-burning funny-car" of the Gladiators, if you will. He's built to dish out damage quickly, but his low survivability means he'll probably burn-out quickly too. Spartacus' Inspiration could make him impressively dangerous, ...but then again, ...if you burned all those points and draft options to get that Power workin', you deserve at least a little return on your investment...

^_^
-LordRaidor-
Old August 21st, 2006, 05:13 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Man, Praemus is ahouse. His abilities work so well together, it's just great. I was working on a momentum-type ability, but for ranged for my Dreadgul Captain, an you have nailed the wording spot on.\

At first glance, he seemed sort of underpriced, but in retrospect, I think he is spot on.

Using a very good looking, cheap mini to boot. I'm impressed.

smallboxgames.com
Old August 21st, 2006, 07:51 PM

^_^ Neat-O...

Thanx JustJohn...

Some of my very first customs were inspired by and/or based on your stuff all the way back on .net, so it warms mi heart to hear such kindly words from you - one of the original masters... ^_^

Praemus might be off-costed a bit, but since he has seen NIL playtesting at this point, I can't be certain yet. Once he's had a chance to swing his hammer a few times, I'll have a much better idea of his value, and I'll adjust him as needed...

Thanx again for droppin' in! Stop by anytime!

^_^
-LordRaidor-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards