Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 4th, 2022, 07:57 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Makes A Good (Competitive) C3G Map? (Con. Chernobyl

I think with Sunnywood and Underwood in particular, there's a lot of potential for turn one and two star zone bombing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 4th, 2022, 09:10 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Makes A Good (Competitive) C3G Map?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
There are some great classic maps to play on. But I feel like most are small for C3G. With the big move so many heroes have its so easy to be in a startzone quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think with Sunnywood and Underwood in particular, there's a lot of potential for turn one and two star zone bombing.
The example map (Conflict Chernobyl) threw me off quite a bit. It does bulge in the middle more than I initially realized, but it's still pretty small compared to other C3G maps I've seen, and only has 3 levels. The total footprint is 214 hexes, which is not any larger than typical Classic maps. Sunnywood is on the smaller side, at 175 hexes, but still has the same start zone separation as Conflict Chernobyl.

So.. larger footprint (not smaller) is preferable? And no glyphs? Are glyphs not used at all, or does C3G have its own set? Start zone separation is pretty well understood on the Classic side. Is there consensus on the ideal separation for C3G?

I'll get out of the way, but I'm very interested to see where this converation goes.
Old May 4th, 2022, 09:23 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fwiw, I'm definitely not a map expert. It does seem Conflict Chernobyl is pretty close between start zones too. I think it's a *little* more blocked off in terms of ability to block LOS from attackers, but no great shakes in terms of differences.

I'd guess you probably have more map authority than just about anyone in these parts, so definitely don't feel like you have to hide in the background! We'd definitely benefit from hearing your thoughts.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 4th, 2022, 10:34 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Makes A Good (Competitive) C3G Map?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear View Post
Quote:
There are some great classic maps to play on. But I feel like most are small for C3G. With the big move so many heroes have its so easy to be in a startzone quickly.
Quote:
The example map (Conflict Chernobyl) threw me off quite a bit. It does bulge in the middle more than I initially realized, but it's still pretty small compared to other C3G maps I've seen, and only has 3 levels. The total footprint is 214 hexes, which is not any larger than typical Classic maps. Sunnywood is on the smaller side, at 175 hexes, but still has the same start zone separation as Conflict Chernobyl.

So.. larger footprint (not smaller) is preferable? And no glyphs? Are glyphs not used at all, or does C3G have its own set? Start zone separation is pretty well understood on the Classic side. Is there consensus on the ideal separation for C3G?

I'll get out of the way, but I'm very interested to see where this converation goes.
I would agree with what Bats said. Please add to the conversion where you feel fit.

As for map size. Being small isn't always an issue. I do a lot of testing on Conflict Chernobyl, but mostly because the matches are short and sweet, and play is predictable on it. But I also find it boring, as the games seems to play out the same way. Control the center height or snipe from the side height.
Old May 4th, 2022, 10:37 AM

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah I would say we don't have any real map experts here. If you look at our limited number of released maps vs our vast number of released(and on deck) figure designs.

Quote:
Fwiw, I'm definitely not a map expert. It does seem Conflict Chernobyl is pretty close between start zones too. I think it's a *little* more blocked off in terms of ability to block LOS from attackers, but no great shakes in terms of differences.

I'd guess you probably have more map authority than just about anyone in these parts, so definitely don't feel like you have to hide in the background! We'd definitely benefit from hearing your thoughts.
Old May 4th, 2022, 12:42 PM

I think part of what may slow startzone bombing on Conflict Chernobyl is that the center section with jungle plants feels like the safest place on the map to be, so a lot of players may hesitate to push past that or feel like it's a risky endeavor.

Old May 7th, 2022, 10:54 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I like Conflict Chernobyl but I feel like I play the same game over and over again. I think great maps offer different ways to play on it and different experiences. I don't feel like I get that with that map.
This might be a big taste thing for me. When I’m doing a more serious game (playtest/competitive) I kinda prefer the map gameplay feel kinda “same-y.” That way I know what to expect feom the map itself and the differences in gameplay come from the units interacting. The map is the canvas and the armies are the paint, if that makes sense. I think that’s (one of the reasons) why I haven’t leapt headfirst into the DO trend. (The other being Google Docs testing.)

I have a blast with more unpredictable maps in looser gameplay though.

The talk about SZ bombing is very interesting. I think Bats has a point that on CC, the middle feels like the safest place to be, so SZ bombing comes at the cost of giving that space up.
Old May 7th, 2022, 11:01 AM

What's interesting for me is I feel completely differently about playtesting versus competitive gameplay.

In playtesting, I want that consistent feel of the map with fewer variables that might affect the costing of a unit.

In competitive gameplay, I like having more tactical outlets that can give me a chance to even the playing field if the army match ups aren't in my favor. I feel like rather than adding to "randomness" these additions reward the more tactical player.

Old May 7th, 2022, 01:38 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Never really thought about it but I agree with that.
Probably why most of my testing has been on like three maps.
Cannot even remember my original before Island Plane Crash.
City Park is my current go to. Really need to try Elm Street.
Never played Chernobyl except maybe at the Con.
Old May 10th, 2022, 08:48 PM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
What Makes A Good Map?

I'm back once again, with a somewhat off-topic post. Apologies. It kind of relates, at least. Right?

What kinds of maps do you like? Come vote in the ScapeCon II Map Contest! I know this is C3G, but that doesn't mean you can't pick your favorites. There are three brackets, and you can vote for as many (or as few) maps as you want. Thanks for taking a look.

Bracket 1
Bracket 2
Bracket 3
Old May 10th, 2022, 08:49 PM

I voted
Old May 10th, 2022, 09:57 PM

I'll take a look! Hoping to run a map contest here in C3G soon, but I need to finish up Mongul first.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy