Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 2nd, 2007, 01:58 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Re-Pricing Project

When I wrote my list, I was in a time crunch (at work, of course) and didn't get a chance to explain some of my re-pricing. So here goes:

Major Q9 - 210 - isn't it clear by now that Major Q9 is the best Hero out there? In my own experience, he takes out Charos and Braxas at least as much as they take him out. And Q9 isn't really much more vulnerable to squads than he is to heroes. His value holds up in tournaments, too. I can't understand why he's not the most expensive Hero.

Jotun - 180 - he's too vulnerable to ranged attacks to be 225 points.
Su-Bak-Na - 140 - again, too vulnerable to ranged attacks due to size and low defense to be 160 points. If his wings weren't so gosh darn big, maybe he could at least be an ambush somebody once in a while, but their not, so he should cost less.
Spartacus - 130 - No comment
Mimring - 120 - Against newbies, his fire-line attack is great, but against anyone who's learned not to stand their army in a line, he's just a big target with admirable range.
Marcus - 120 - He's a more effective booster than a lot of the Flag-bearers, so he should be priced up there with the best of them.
Taelord - 120 - No comment
Einar Imperium - 110 - Even with Empress Kiova nearby, they're too vulnerable. But probably about as effective as the other Kyrie squads, in my estimation.
Sudema - 110 - as with everybody else, she' a little too vulnerable to ranged attack. If she's in optimal position, I'd say she's worth 140 points, but she's lucky to get into optimal position for any length of time. So, I'd price her lower based on her value under not-so-optimal conditions.
DW9000 - 110 - Too vulnerable to multiple attacks.
DW8000 - 100 - Too vulnerable to multiple attacks.
Runa - 100 - her barks worse than her bite.
Deathstalkers - 90 - they're hero killers, not squad killers like the Marrden Hounds, and heroes are less of a threat than squads, so they certainly shouldn't be priced more than the Marrden Hounds.
Agent Carr - 90 - He's so close to being worth his points. If he had one more life or a little bit higher normal attack or longer range, he might be worth 100 pts. But he doesn't, so he's not.
Sir Denrick - 90 - Highly conditional special ability, I'd rather see him priced closer to what he's worth when he's not able to use the ability.
Morsbane - 90 - he's a game changer, but still costs too much against ranged squads.
Dund - 90 - No comment.

Uh oh-- another time crunch. Be back later...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units