Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old April 11th, 2020, 01:56 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Rogue One is my favorite Star Wars movie and yes @TREX , I can't wait to get Cassian and K2SO for Legion as well.

After that, it's the original trilogy, then Star Wars Rebels animate series and the Han Solo movie.

Then the prequels, Clone Wars animated series and the newer trilogy round out the bottom. Where I have no interest in seeing them again, though I haven't seen the last Skywalker movie for lack of interest, nor have I gotten very far in the Clone Wars series as it was boring and childish compared to Star Wars Rebels.
Rogue One was my favorite, as well.

I have deeply mixed feelings about A New Hope - it offered something really different, and transformed Hollywood, though not for the better - but the rest of them fall unremarkably somewhere in the range of big budget and weak (Phantom Menace) to big budget and pretty good (Empire Strikes Back). IMHO.

Heresy, I know.
In general. I like the star wars universe. Theres something in the movies for all of us. Some storylines are better than others but for the most part I really enjoy the world building in all the shows with all the funky aliens, troopers, and of course the force. Thats why Im enjoying the Star wars legion miniatures game so much. As an artist and a crafter it lets me build and paint whatever scenery comes to mind and then play this amazing game on it reflecting what I want from the great star wars franchise. Im trying to enjoy the new stuff more as well. There are still neat aspects of them. Not being able to go to work for the last few weeks has helped me finally start catching up on some hobby backlog.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 11th, 2020, 01:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Rogue One is my favorite Star Wars movie and yes @TREX , I can't wait to get Cassian and K2SO for Legion as well.

After that, it's the original trilogy, then Star Wars Rebels animate series and the Han Solo movie.

Then the prequels, Clone Wars animated series and the newer trilogy round out the bottom. Where I have no interest in seeing them again, though I haven't seen the last Skywalker movie for lack of interest, nor have I gotten very far in the Clone Wars series as it was boring and childish compared to Star Wars Rebels.

That looks like my list as well. I also have yet to see Skywalker, and didn't keep up with Clone Wars full length animate series. I'd only add in The Mandalorean somewhere near the top and the Clone Wars cartoon shorts that preceded the Animated Series also get high praise from me.
Old May 10th, 2020, 10:41 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Perfect Blue was certainly a unique experience. I think I liked it quite a bit, even if it got a little too needlessly surreal after awhile. It'll certainly stick with me if nothing else. I do wish more animated films were as experimental as this one is.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 11th, 2020, 12:49 PM

Doop knows what's in an order marker Doop knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Perfect Blue was certainly a unique experience. I think I liked it quite a bit, even if it got a little too needlessly surreal after awhile. It'll certainly stick with me if nothing else. I do wish more animated films were as experimental as this one is.

There's another film called Paprika that also gets a little crazy. I think it's even by the same director as Perfect Blue.
Old May 11th, 2020, 04:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I enjoyed Paprika, it is different. Never heard of Perfect Blue.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 11:31 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Watched Private Life the other night because the Guardian said it was a Comedy. Well. It was not a comedy. I did enjoy it, but my wife was really looking for something to make her laugh.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 24th, 2020, 07:18 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Watched Onward with the family today. Would definitely recommend.
Old July 31st, 2020, 05:19 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A friend had me watch Zardoz for our occasional "bad movie night". It's a lot more strange than it is bad, with a lot of very interesting ideas buried under all its horrible 70's-isms. Kind of reminded me of Event Horizon where I could see an actually great movie hiding in there somewhere. Someone steal and repurpose these good premises like Dead Space did for Event Horizon.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old July 31st, 2020, 10:03 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I thought Event Horizon was a good solid film. Didn’t realize anyone considered it bad. Campy sure, but a fun horror.
Old July 31st, 2020, 10:06 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I thought it was terrible. But I seem to be in the minority.
Old July 31st, 2020, 04:14 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I thought Event Horizon was a good solid film. Didn’t realize anyone considered it bad. Campy sure, but a fun horror.
What, Event Horizon is the best. Wish we could get that lost footage (and the people on Io9 think so too), maybe in the future. Sam Neill is great in that (and also In the Mouth Of Madness).

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Dysole; August 28th, 2020 at 10:02 AM.
Old August 29th, 2020, 03:28 AM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Watched Goon 2 last night, not as good as the first in my opinion but still enjoyed it. It's a sort of campy hockey movie and I love Sean William Scott as the gentle giant enfocer.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies