Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Hexicon
Hexicon Subforum for Hexicon

Old April 7th, 2023, 12:30 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Announcing HexiCon! April 19th, 20th-23rd, 2023

@lefton4ya @Cor7770 @Awstin36teen @Knox @loki619 @WarDaddyWink @Phantom
@Chris Perkins
@Earthling @zeekthefreak @Cubbage

@Deroche
@Viideosayg

I've gotten some requests to ban A+ in certain events, or even all events. So I made another form to help figure it out.

I apologize for the late option for this, the requests came in recently so I figured I might as well as ask now. On top of this, this poll will be only open for a few days.

https://forms.gle/XQbZdXnGv5cDSbq29

After this event is all said and done, I think for next time I try to run an event like this I'll need to make a specific Discord so I be more organized and have quicker response times in general.
Old April 7th, 2023, 09:45 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not sure who made the request(s), and I've provided some of this feedback to MegaSilver already, but I wanted to share it here as well.

Banning anything from "all" events is just silly; each format has an independent meta and should have individual questions asked about what improves or detracts from that meta. So each event should be considered independently.

Pick your poison is possibly the only event where anyone is incentivized to run a more strait cheese build. The rest of the events just don't play like cheese and there's no need to ban anything. Idk though, if you pick Raeln/Rats/Q9 for one build, your opponent can just select the other build for you to play, so it isn't a huge deal here either.

There's 2 Delta events, and frankly Raelin is important in Delta; a lot of other things are priced based on her, and removing random units from the Delta pool has ripple effects on other units in the meta (usually not with great effect).

Raelin isn't great in Insanity of Battle anyways. Rats are solid here for sure, but so are tons of great special attackers.

The 2 draft formats have no need whatsoever to restrict figures; if you bring a top tier figure, your opponent might get it, so you have to balance your pool/pods anyways.

As for Singleton, I actually think Raelin is an essential figure in this meta, much like she is for Reverse the Whip, due to the pod-like nature this format incentivizes. Rats x1 isn't game-breaking or anything either. Maybe Q9 is strong, but I think there's tons of counters and don't actually think Q9 is in the best build in this format.

So, those are my thoughts. Wanted to share since I spent the time to think them through.
Old April 7th, 2023, 09:49 AM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the feedback! I'm leaning towards not banning anything as well, but I figured I should put the poll out to ask anyway.
Old April 10th, 2023, 12:09 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Yea for same reason I voted no to banning. Personally I would go with you can only have one A+ in your army (mostly to ban playing Raelin and Rats together) but for most of the formats it is not an issue as @Chris Perkins layed out.
Old April 10th, 2023, 01:50 AM

The announcement went out in the emails, but the overwhelming majority decided to ban A+ units in non-delta events. This means Raelin (RotV), Major Q9, Deathreavers, Isamu, and Marro Warriors are banned in Insanity of Battle, Pick Your Poison, Classic 10 Card Draft, and Team Tournament. Please note that for Singleton, they are still allowed even though it's not Delta.
Old April 15th, 2023, 06:22 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Paid the store owner and submitted all my lists. See you all next week!

Old April 17th, 2023, 04:26 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm unfortunately backing out. I want to go to this so bad but finals week is just brutal timing
Old April 18th, 2023, 10:15 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For everyone who will be attending this weekend, if you notice anything wrong, odd, or otherwise notable about heroscape.org before/during/after the convention, please let me know.

I'm hoping for HexiCon to serve as a test for .org before ScapeCon, so any/all feedback (especially bugs!) is very welcome.

Thanks in advance
Old April 18th, 2023, 11:39 PM

Yes, and the OP is out of date on some items, but the players have been notified via email.
Old April 19th, 2023, 10:43 AM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
For everyone who will be attending this weekend, if you notice anything wrong, odd, or otherwise notable about heroscape.org before/during/after the convention, please let me know.

I'm hoping for HexiCon to serve as a test for .org before ScapeCon, so any/all feedback (especially bugs!) is very welcome.

Thanks in advance
Nothing wrong, but I noticed that when I view a map that's going to be used at the convention, it lists each tournament in which it will be used, alongside any other non-convention tournaments that include it. Those other tournaments naturally include a little info about their time and place in their names. I think it would be nice if convention tournaments were simply prefixed with the name of the convention in this context (and maybe others where the individual tournaments are displayed alongside other events).
Old April 19th, 2023, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill View Post
Quote:

Thanks in advance
Nothing wrong, but I noticed that when I view a map that's going to be used at the convention, it lists each tournament in which it will be used, alongside any other non-convention tournaments that include it. Those other tournaments naturally include a little info about their time and place in their names. I think it would be nice if convention tournaments were simply prefixed with the name of the convention in this context (and maybe others where the individual tournaments are displayed alongside other events).
Good idea.

Added it.
Old April 19th, 2023, 01:08 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill View Post
Quote:

Thanks in advance
Good idea.

Added it.
Thanks!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Hexicon