Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 18th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Maryland NHSD 11/9/13: A Savage NHSD!

Maryland NHSD

11/9/13

A SAVAGE NHSD!

What: National Heroscape Day in The Old Line State
When: Saturday, November 9, 2013. Show up 12:30(ish), start rolling dice at 1.
Where: The Family Game Store in Savage, Maryland. (Map; ph. 855-776-5980.)
How Much: $5. All money goes to the store credit slips we'll be using as prizes, as usual.
Format: 18 hexes, 400 points

See the House Rules linked in my sig for details about tiebreaks & some other little things. All finalized C3V and SoV units are eligible, as usual. There won't be any new finalized ones before the event; if it's official as of this post, it's fair game.

Any questions, ask in advance (PMs are welcome too). Remember, I don't mind being a dictator, so if you failed to ask you have nobody to blame but yourself!

I've written a few times that our buddy Drewcula will be making a new trophy for this event, but I still haven't actually heard from him or discussed it with him yet. That is, I am sure, because he's busy being awesome with this project, underway the weekend of 10/3-10/6. Any of you in the DC area would be lucky to get a peek at it, if he's still at it as of this writing (not sure). Good luck, buddy! Watch this space for confirmation on the trophy support. The Golden Viking will be up for grabs, too, as usual.

Notes about the space for newcomers: This is a terrific game store with a large gaming area in an out-of-the-way mall featuring, for the most part, boutique shops and little restaurants. Please do not bring food; there are several fine places to get food in the mall and our support makes a difference to them.

Also our time window is tight. Pokemon is wrapping up as we arrive; if you are bringing pre-built maps, you may want to leave them in your car until closer to 1. Open gaming night after our tournament starts at ~ 6 pm., so normally while I'm giving out prizes at 6:15 there are a few people playing Ascension or whatever giving me the evil eye because I'm yelling while they try to play. So we'll try to keep moving as best we can to get through our 5 rounds in 5 hours.

The shop has been absolutely great to us over the few years we've been running tournaments there. I hope you all like it as much as I do. If there's something you'll want to purchase, I encourage you to give them a call and ask them to set it aside (or order it) for you.

Maps:

We will lead off with a small service to the judges of the BoV; perhaps our use of these three maps in their hopper will be some help to them. Or perhaps not.

The Borogroves, BftU x2; TJ x1 *no glyphs* (sorry, BoV judges)

Draugur, BftU x1, TT x2 *no glyphs*

Dance of the Dryads, BftU x1, VW x1, RttFF x1 *with glyphs*

Morass, SotM x1, TJ x1 *no glyphs*

Dry Season by Killometer, RotV x1 *with glyphs*

Blackroot, SotM x1, RttFF x2 *no glyphs*

Trepidation, RotV x1, TT x2 *no glyphs*

Incendium, SotM x1, RttFF x2, VW x1

Road Rampage (love me some Ch1can0), RotV x1, RttFF x1 *no glyphs*

The Fallen Pier, RotV x1, FotA x1, *with glyphs*

Robber Surprise x1

Robber Surprise x2

Attendees:
  1. DS
  2. KidScaper
  3. JohnGee
  4. Robber
  5. G-O
  6. LoB
  7. Stephen
  8. Clan
  9. Xanth
  10. akden
  11. kldonnelly
  12. hivelord#4
  13. Bill
  14. Big Boa
  15. Drewcula
  16. Friend of KS
  17. Bassist of Doom
  18. Twinkie
Maybe:
Friend of DS
DS's Friend's Kid #1
DS's Friend's Kid #2
Friend of DS #2

Maps:
Dry Season: clancampbell
Dance of the Dryads: G-O
Blackroot: G-O
Draugur: Johngee
Trepidation: Johngee
Road Rampage: Akden
Robber Surprise 1: Robber
Robber Surprise 2: Robber
Evergreen: Bassist of Doom
Incendium: DS
The Borogroves: DS

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; November 8th, 2013 at 06:50 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day