Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 10th, 2019, 12:39 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Elasti-Girl (Rita Farr)

The Book of Elasti-Girl (Rita Farr)

C3G DC WAVE 32
YEAR OF THE HERO

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Giants set.
Its model number and name are #004 / Rita Farr.

Character Bio - Rita Farr, alias Elasti-Girl was once a Hollywood actress who was exposed to unusual volcanic gases while shooting a film in Africa. When Farr recovered, she discovered that she could expand or shrink her body at will, from hundreds of feet tall to microscopically small. When she gained greater control of her powers, she became able to return to her normal size, or enlarge one limb at a time.

Rita was considered a freak and a menace, her Hollywood career was ruined. However, Rita was approached by Dr. Niles Caulder (also known as The Chief), who offered her a place among fellow "freaks" Robotman and Negative Man, attempting to use their powers for good. As Elasti-Girl, she joined Caulder's team, the Doom Patrol. Rita fell in love with, and then married, Steve Dayton, the hero known as Mento. Later on, the couple adopted young Garfield Logan, who would become the Teen Titans' Beast Boy. (DC Database)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: Elasti-Girl is a single-based figure.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Elasti-Girl can carry a figure during her movement, or two figures if at least one is Troubled.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Elasti-Girl interacts differently with these special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 05:10 PM. Reason: png
Old April 10th, 2019, 12:40 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Elasti-Girl

NAME = ELASTI-GIRL
SECRET IDENTITY = RITA FARR
SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CELEBRITY
PERSONALITY = TROUBLED

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 8

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 235

PATROL RESCUE
At any point before, during, or after Elasti-Girl's movement, you may choose a tiny, small, or medium figure you control within 2 clear sight spaces. You may choose one figure per turn, or up to two figures per turn if at least one of those figures is Troubled. Before attacking with Elasti-Girl, place any chosen figures on any empty spaces adjacent to Elasti-Girl. Figures moved with Patrol Rescue will not take leaving engagement attacks.

ENLARGED FISTS
If Elasti-Girl did not use her Patrol Rescue special power this turn, add 2 to her Attack number.

GIANT DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a figure that is not huge, if you roll at least one shield, the most wounds Elasti-Girl can take from this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH

Original Design
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MrNobody; November 27th, 2019 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Capitalization fix
Old April 10th, 2019, 12:40 AM
Just A Head

Comic Art
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MrNobody; April 10th, 2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old April 10th, 2019, 12:42 AM
Just A Head

I'm hoping there was nothing else I was supposed to do before starting up this thread...if there is I'll freeze this for a second and do what needs to be done.
Old April 10th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Elasti-Girl (Breathing Period)

Old April 10th, 2019, 07:40 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think you're good to go here. Try to run the Competitive and Consistency checklists when you get a chance (the latter isn't required but I think it's a good habit to get into).

I'll buck with the idea that we should drop the "after" in Patrol Rescue since I think, if you don't have both before and after, "during movement" becomes sort of vague. I'd also force you to place the figure adjacent to Rita - it trims a lot of text near the end and I think it gives a bit too much value in her repositioning.

I think I prefer the "can grab two if one of them is Troubled" but I don't mind the lighter touch here.

As a note I just started Morrison's Doom Patrol, so hopefully I can get more context soon. Rita hasn't shown up yet though, so no help there.
Old April 10th, 2019, 08:48 AM
Just A Head

Rita’s not in Morrison’s run, but I hope you enjoy the read! Easily in my top 5 comics of all time.

What does everyone else think of Johnny’s ideas?
Old April 10th, 2019, 09:14 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For real? Man, Way didn't use her either! Am I gonna have to go back to the Silver Age here?
Old April 10th, 2019, 09:20 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I'd leave the after off as it makes it so she can run up and wait to choose figure(s) to move until she has stopped moving which seems a tad odd.
Old April 10th, 2019, 09:25 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Nice design Nobody!
Old April 10th, 2019, 09:26 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
For real? Man, Way didn't use her either! Am I gonna have to go back to the Silver Age here?
Yeah she’s actually in a lot less when compared to Robotman or Negative Man.

The inherent flaw in the OG Doom Patrol is that we’re told they’re these “freaks” rejected by society, but one of them is a beautiful celebrity who can change size, and one of them is just a really smart dude in a wheelchair. We’re told she can’t always control her powers but we mever really see it. It’s hard to accept that in a society where superheroes are generally accepted and in some cases even beloved that Rita would be an outcast.

So when the OG Doom Patrol gets blown up, she was the one that took the longest to come back. And when she finally did, each writer tried to give her a gimmick to make her more of a “freak.” The TV show went with the gelatinous blob take so I think that’s the one that will stick going forward.
Old April 10th, 2019, 09:45 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

I can see that. Personally, though, if I were writing Doom Patrol, given their history as allegories for mental illness and alienation, I'd just use Rita as an allegory for invisible trauma and that sort of thing. Just because you're pretty doesn't mean you don't have issues, you know? Maybe retool her backstory a bit to make the original accident a bit tougher on her.

I'm no Grant Morrison though, and of course the 80s were a very different time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I'd leave the after off as it makes it so she can run up and wait to choose figure(s) to move until she has stopped moving which seems a tad odd.
I get why that's weird, but it's sort of like, is a Move of 0 spaces moving? It technically is, I think, by the rules. So if you're moving 0 spaces, before/during/after is all the same stage. If you only move 1 space, isn't that first space "during" your movement too?

I think we avoid rules weirdness by allowing a bit of theme weirdness.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library