Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old July 2nd, 2012, 06:51 PM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!
So I want to get in to Mage Knight...

From what I am seeing, this is a dead/out of print game, but I have heard a lot of love surrounding it. I was browsing amazon when I saw this and figured it was too good to be true, at only $2+SaH. Is this enough to start playing? About how much will it cost to get in to Mage Knight? Where would you recommend me to shop for Mage Knight? Is it as good as 'Scape? Better? All help is greatly appreciated.

-B
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:31 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: So I want to get in to Mage Knight...

I was never a bog 'Clix fan because mostof the powers on the dials are color codes, and I'm color blind, so I can't tell some of them apart.

Also, there was Mage Knight 1.0, which was completely made obsolete by Mage Knight 2.0, so you would want to research which version any particular set you may purchase is from.

Another thing was that is was a collectable game, so that was another strike against it from me.

There is always the Mage Knight Boardgame that recently was released, which is not really part of the Mage Knight miniatures line, and is supposed to be a very good game.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:03 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

You also have 3 versions of each figure: Rookie, Expericenced, and Expert. It carried over of a short time to HeroClix, who thankfully stopped doing that.

HeroScape is always better, you should know that.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:31 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Alternatively, you might also want to check out HeroClix. It shares the same game mechanics as Mage Knight and is still very active. HeroClix are centered on the superhero/villain figures just as Mage Knight deals in fantasy and steam punk figures.

As for where to shop, check out Troll and Toad. You're Amazon link is actually from that store too.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 03:00 PM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Ok, thank you everyone. I have thought about Heroclix, but I really do not like Superhero themes in games.
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:09 AM

kboleen is surprisingly tart

Here's a great site of Mage Knight resources. Also, look into MK Dungeons. It was by far better than regular MK. There is even a ruleset for converting square based MK into hex base to use with HS tiles.

http://www.mkrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559985

"Be of good courage..."

Last edited by kboleen; July 28th, 2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Added note

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures