Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 8th, 2024, 07:50 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

From someone that likes DnD so much that's almost funny, because it sounds EXACTLY like a DnD backstory lol.
Old April 9th, 2024, 08:58 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
From someone that likes DnD so much that's almost funny, because it sounds EXACTLY like a DnD backstory lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Taking away bonding removes the balance concern, but I just can't see a half-elf gunslinger as an Empress of historical Asian figures.
The pale, delicate features of the face of the sculpt could easily pass for Chinese. Half-Elf, Half-Human Chinese. A back story for Xue being "an Empress of historical Asian figures" in the context of Valhalla would be easy to write.

Last edited by kolakoski; April 9th, 2024 at 09:45 AM.
Old April 9th, 2024, 10:02 AM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

Is this miniature a single from a Pathfinder Iconic Heroes set? I don't believe those are sold individually, are they?
Old April 9th, 2024, 10:12 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
Is this miniature a single from a Pathfinder Iconic Heroes set? I don't believe those are sold individually, are they?
I always check availability before designing for a sculpt. Various sellers have the individual minis. Google it. I got mine at RPG Locker.

Old April 9th, 2024, 10:20 AM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

I did Google it. It's out of stock or low stock at most places I looked. Even RPG Locker only appears to have 6 in stock.
Old April 9th, 2024, 10:45 AM

Well met!

@SkyWhale, search in Images.

Old April 9th, 2024, 11:09 AM

Looking through the top 26 image results (first 3 rows), I found 9 available minis. I don't think this mini would meet the desired level of availability.
Old April 9th, 2024, 12:33 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
The pale, delicate features of the face of the sculpt could easily pass for Chinese. Half-Elf, Half-Human Chinese. A back story for Xue being "an Empress of historical Asian figures" in the context of Valhalla would be easy to write.
Though OG 'Scape did it from time to time, I for one wouldn't upvote something so far out of the box as a gunslinger mini as an Asian Empress.
Old April 9th, 2024, 05:09 PM

Well met!

Scytale won't buy it. So . . .

Pathfinder Battles Iconic Heroes #4,
Lirianne, Half-Elf Gunslinger

CARAN CREBAIN, THE RED RAVEN
General: Utgar
Race: Half-Elf
Uniqueness: Unique Hero
Class: Corsair
Personality: Ruthless
Size: Medium 5
Life: 5
Move: 5
Range: 5
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

HAND CANNON
When Caran Crebain attacks an opponent's figure, you may choose an opponent's Common figure adjacent to that figure. If the defending figure receives any wounds from Caran Crebain, the chosen Common figure receives 1 wound. When Caran Crebain attacks, she may attack 1 additional time.

THE SEA RAVENS
Instead of their normal move, Caran Crebain, and any Elf, Drow or Human figure you control that follows Utgar within 4 spaces of Caran Crebain, may Leap. Leap has a move 3. When counting spaces for such figure's leaping movement, ignore elevations. Such figure may leap over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Such figure may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. If such figure is engaged when starting to leap, that figure takes any leaving engagement attacks. If, immediately after Leaping, such figure rolls attack dice for a normal attack against an adjacent figure, you may reroll 1 die that was not a Skull.

An obvious boarding party power . . .

P.S.: It has been suggested that there may not be enough available figures of this sculpt. I disagree, but a definitive opinion one way or the other would be helpful.

This is a great sculpt, and it would be a shame for it not to be used . . .

Old April 9th, 2024, 06:05 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

These changes have become to extensive for reworking here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
P.S.: It has been suggested that there may not be enough available figures of this sculpt. I disagree, but a definitive opinion one way or the other would be helpful.

This is a great sculpt, and it would be a shame for it not to be used . . .
It's up to you to find enough available figures. They have to be reliable options, not scattered eBay sellers. In the past ~50 copies has been expected of unique heroes.

It is a good figure, though. Even if it's not meant for VC, there's nothing stopping you from making a custom for your home games.
Old April 12th, 2024, 01:27 AM

Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Smash and Cleave Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 4.
When Colossus attacks with his Smash and Cleave Special Attack, he may attack one additional time.

Warforged Rally
After revealing an Order on Colossus and taking a turn with him, you may take a turn with 1 squad of Warforged Soldiers. If an activated Warforged Soldier uses Tactical Switch, subtract 3 from that figure's attack value this turn.

Tactical Strike 12
If an opponent's figure is moved adjacent to Colossus by a special power, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, the opponent's figure receives a wound. Figures may be targeted only as they are moved into engagement with Colossus.
I've taken the feedback received and made some changes after running some numbers and doing some quick skirmishes.

Smash and Cleave I upped the attack from 3 to 4. The odds of inflicting 1 wound with an attack of 6 against 3 and 4 defense is 85% and 78% respectively. The chance of two attacks of 4 inflicting a single wound against 3 and 4 defense is 89% and 81% respectively, so the change doesn't make his normal worthless and helps him fight back against swarmy armies better.

I reworded and reworked Warforged Rally. Before, figures could essentially only choose two of either moving, attacking, or switching. It's been simplified where the figures choose between switching and attacking. This prevents situations where you can pull of 3 Tactical Strikes and 3 normal attacks in the same turn. The ability is thus slightly nerfed, but much more streamlined. I understand that a Warforged Soldier switching onto height would still have an attack value of 1, but that doesn't bother me here.

For the points, I reduced it to 160, a 12% reduction after comparing the figure's prices to other large units with bonding. I could be convinced that it should be higher, but I feel like it's little splitting hairs at this point and Warforged Soliders are an expensive melee squad already.

To summarize, I believe this unit offers a unqiue way to play a squad that lacks offensive output and utilizes their special ability in a fun way as well. Based on the above, would this unit be a viable candidate for SOV nomination, or are there still glaring issues in the design or wording of the powers? I'd appreciate feedback from any source.
Old April 12th, 2024, 10:02 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

I think it looks like a solid design.

For what it's worth, plain old Engagement Strike would make him more flexible for drafting with army options besides just Warforged Soldiers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards