Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 12th, 2007, 09:37 PM

Erasmas Woo who?
Erasmas' Customs --> Updated 4/1/07 : Masood Pictures!

Hello everyone... new to the forum. Looking forward to learning a lot. Here's a few of the custom figures that I've made so far.

HEROSCAPE and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. © 2006 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

BattleMasters- Orge painted.

Chainmail Miniatures- Stone Spike painted.

Mod and repaint of Agent Carr, Thorgrim, an Airborne Elite, a Krav Maga Agent, Sgt. Drake, and an Izumi Samurai.

And standing all together for the family potraits...

Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures: Giants of Legend - Treant

Pieced together from Marro Warriors (4), Ne-Gok-Sa, Thorgrim's arm & hilt, blade from a HeroQuest skeleton's scythe.

Masood the Magnificent (Oliphant)

Donatello
From Earth: Fights for Ullar
Mutant
Unique Hero
Ninja
Intelligent
Medium 4
LIFE 3
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 4
Points 50

Turtle Brotherhood- If you control Donatello, Leonardo, Michaelangelo, and Raphael each of their classes is changed to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
Shell Defense- All Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles within 5 clear sight spaces of Donatello add 1 to their defense dice. Donatello’s Shell Defense does not affect Donatello.
Hard Back- If an enemy figure is allowed an attack because of Donatello leaving an engagement with it, Donatello gets an automatic 1 shield on his defense.

Leonardo
Mutant
Unique Hero
Ninja
Strategic
Medium 4
LIFE 3
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 3
Points 50

Turtle Brotherhood- If you control Donatello, Leonardo, Michaelangelo, and Raphael each of their classes is changed to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
Sharpened Focus- All Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles within 5 clear sight spaces of Leonardo add 1 to their attack dice. Leonardo’s Sharpened Focus does not affect Leonardo.
Hard Back- If an enemy figure is allowed an attack because of Leonardo leaving an engagement with it, Leonardo gets an automatic 1 shield on his defense.

Michaelangelo
Mutant
Unique Hero
Ninja
Funny
Medium 4
LIFE 3
MOVE 6
RANGE 1
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 3
Points 50

Cowabunga- All Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles within 5 clear sight spaces of Michaelangelo at the beginning of their turn add 1 to their movement. Michaelangelo’s Cowabunga does not affect Michaelangelo.
Hard Back- If an enemy figure is allowed an attack because of Michaelangelo leaving an engagement with it, Michaelangelo gets an automatic 1 shield on his defense.

Raphael
Mutant
Unique Hero
Ninja
Edgy
Medium 4
LIFE 3
MOVE 5
RANGE 2
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 3
Points 50

Weapon Throw- All Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles within 5 clear sight spaces of Raphael add 1 space to their range. Raphael’s Weapon Throw does not affect Raphael.
Hard Back- If an enemy figure is allowed an attack because of Raphael leaving an engagement with it, Raphael gets an automatic 1 shield on his defense.

I have one for Splinter, Shredder, and the Foot Clan as well.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions, or ideas or more than welcomed. I have several others planned, but no miniatures to go with them just yet.

Erasmas' Wonderful World of Customs!
God save the 4th!!!

Xbox Live Account:
o Erasmas o
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:11 PM

Lex has disabled reputation
Oi very nice indeed i am also new here

i love the troll but the gerus monster thing looks like a deformed stone monster although they are very nice

keep up the good work and can you upload the figure photos so we can see them

"I was once eaten by a krug... It spit me out... I guess I don't taste very good."

Old January 12th, 2007, 10:14 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Welcome aboard, Erasmus. Good start with your customs.

A suggestion for Argnak's trample - usually abilities like this affect small and medium figures (regardless of height, but so far tallest medium figure is 6), so I think it would be better to affect them (and perhaps large as well, which seems to be your intent). Also, I think a more simple mechanic would be to roll one attack die and not have the defending figure roll at all. The wording is a little ambigious as to whether or not Arnak gets to do his normal attack after this ability. Is that the intention? If so I would drop the line about the results being treated as a normal attack, if not I would state at the beginning of the ability that it is to be done instead of an attack. I like this card on the whole, I think a good addition to the orcs.

I think you're about right with point costs as well, on both figures.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
I also like Argnak. Love the figure, that's the old ogre from Battle Masters right? I think you could drop him down to 100 points. Think about what you get in Krug for 10 points more. He is a cool figure, though.

Here's a card made by an old member that uses a great trample mechanic. Reaper was a perfectionist, so he got it darn near perfect:

Gerus, I really wish I could see this figure better. Looks interesting. Simple card, yet pretty interesting.

Oh, and it looks like you're using MSPaint to put the text on (it looks that way at least) I've made a template for all the card text that makes it a lot easier if you're using MSPaint. You can find the template here: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=4731

Welcome to the forums!

smallboxgames.com
Old January 12th, 2007, 11:01 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Welcome to the forums and good-looking customs so far!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 13th, 2007, 03:18 AM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
I like your stuff and have only one request, can you tell what you used for the customs. You don't have to, I'm just always curious what people are using.

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old January 13th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
A comment on Trample: for any trample ability you should probably specify that the move needs to end in spaces unoccupied by other figures. This came up when Bunjee and I play-tested the Treant Woodlord: as much as you might like to stomp your opponent flat and move into his space, you can't assume your Trample attack will destroy the figure. Moving through occupied spaces is fine, but when you plan your move it needs to end in unoccupied hexes.
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:17 PM

Erasmas Woo who?
Thank guys! It's nice to get such helpful input into all of this. Yes, Argnak is the ogre from the Battle Masters game... and Gerus is a Stone Spike miniature (Chainmail, I think). I can probably upload pics of them later, but my photo-setup kind of sucks, as you can tell. The Gerus picture did not turn out as well as I had hoped, so I may be changing that.

I am not using MS Paint, I am actually using the GIMP tutorial/templates that one of the guys here put up on his site. It seems to work really, really well.

On the Trample ability, again... thank you guys. Wording the cards for these takes a freakin' lawyer. It's almost as bad as Magic: the Gathering cards. LOL
I will read over all the suggestions when I get back home. Hopefully I can get to make some of the changes over this week.

toddrew- I may not be remembering correctly, but is a character ever allowed to use a special ability that involves attacking as well as their normal attack in one turn? I have never (that I can recall) seen a card that stated a special attack as an "instead of normal attack" type situation.

Thank you all again for the interest and comments/suggestions!

God save the 4th!!!

Xbox Live Account:
o Erasmas o
Old January 15th, 2007, 01:38 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
"If Argnak takes his full movement, ..." is not going to have the affect that I think you want. What is to stop a player from running in circles (triangles!) or back in forth to make sure they can always use TRAMPLE? Furthermore, can Argnak TRAMPLE the same figure figure more than once per turn, what about if it is a two-hex squad figure? Also, what about disengagment with those figures he tramples?

Since you have enough room on Gerus's card, I would add the bit about the 4 extra movements need to be on the stone/road hexes too. (like the RTFF rules).

You've done a great job. Welcome.
Old January 15th, 2007, 03:43 PM

Erasmas Woo who?
I will be adding something about having to move in a straight line in there, definitely... which will take care of the multiple attacks on one figure thing (unless it's the Ninjas of the Northern Wind and they move back into the same line - LOL). If it's a two-hex figure, it gets trampled once; which is why I worded it as "figure" instead of "space". Disengagement was not approached on purpose, those rules are in effect as normal. It's meant to be a raging charge... so those who survive or are nearby can takes swipes as normal.

Yeah, adding that part to Gerus would be a good idea, as that is what I had intended. I'll look up the exact wording for that later on too. Thanks, Will!

God save the 4th!!!

Xbox Live Account:
o Erasmas o
Old January 15th, 2007, 07:13 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasmas
toddrew- I may not be remembering correctly, but is a character ever allowed to use a special ability that involves attacking as well as their normal attack in one turn? I have never (that I can recall) seen a card that stated a special attack as an "instead of normal attack" type situation.
There are abilities that cause hits/wounds/damage like marro plague, that a card is able to do and then still attack. I can only think of auto kill abilities like Sudema's stare of stone that say "Instead of attacking..." If an ability is labeled as a "Special Attack", in this case "Trample Special Attack", then it's understood that the ability is instead of a normal attack. So it really comes down to your intentions. I prefer heroes that are potent against squads, so I would love for Argnak to be able to trample and still attack. I think he would be worth his 110 points if that was the case. If you intend for it to be instead of attack, this ability probably should be labeled as a Special Attack. Again, great card, though, despite my nitpicking I find it helpful to state my intentions with a cards abilities along with the card itself (unless the ability is very simple or a rehash of sorts) - it helps others critique the card and find some unintended aspects of the ability that one may want to shore up the text to prevent, or make more obvious.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old January 16th, 2007, 12:53 AM

Erasmas Woo who?
I see a lot of people's custom figures with official HS bases. Is it really as simple as hacking the old figure off of one and glueing the new one down? Or is there a trade secret on how to do this?

God save the 4th!!!

Xbox Live Account:
o Erasmas o

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards