Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old March 10th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Xn's Supers - 6/4 Sauron

So I wasn't planning on getting myself into Super Hero customs, however this one wormed its way into the back of my mind and I haven't been able to forget about it. (And Mr Helm posting his poll on customs didn't help much either .)

For those interested, this is my response to what kind of customs creator/fan I am:

Spoiler Alert!

Completed Customs:

Bishop - NM24
Juggernaut
Shadowcat
Shatterstar
Strong Guy

Works In Progress:

Cable
Dark Beast
Domino - Revision Pending
High Evolutionary
Kraven, the Hunter
Logan
Maverick - Revision Pending
Sauron
Stilt-Man
Winter Soldier - Revision Pending

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Last edited by Xn F M; June 5th, 2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old March 10th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Xn's Super Hero Customs - Shatterstar 3/9/10

Great start and welcome to the addiction.

1) Might want to consider that defense of 5 if only to have counter strike be a force. Now I'm not too familiar with the character so if you want to keep him as a 110 pt support player, than by all means keep him at 4.

2) The verb "are" in Charging Assault should be "is".

3) Funny how you're printing comic art for C3G and then created a mini pic card. Way to throw me off.
Old March 10th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I explained that in the other thread, that superman just looks so bad . . . .

Thanks for the heads up on Charging Assualt, I used the Heroscape mod for the M:tG set editor and it automatically imports known abilities. I didn't think to check for number confusion . . . .

Old March 10th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not a bad idea sticking to a lot of official powers while you get your feet wet. But a large part of designing custom cards is getting wild and crazy and creative with powers. Let your imagination run wild a bit and have fun with this.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 10th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Very cool card, bro! I agree with MH on upping his defense to 5. You could even get away with 6 if you wanted to...I mean we are talking superheroes, here.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old March 10th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Not a bad idea sticking to a lot of official powers while you get your feet wet. But a large part of designing custom cards is getting wild and crazy and creative with powers. Let your imagination run wild a bit and have fun with this.
Hey, I've got a Dark Beast half-drawn up in a Steno pad somewhere and beleive you me that one does some new, wild, and crazy stuff. I just don't want to devote any more time to it unless I break down and shell out the $$ for that miniature. Besides, the official powers all capture what I remember about the character in a very easy to digest manner. You can look at the card and understand exactly what it does which I like.

And the more I think about it, five defense does sound more appropriate. Without going and referencing the CG3 figures (which I do consider to be "official superheroscape," but I don't have commited to memeory yet) the only superguy with a defense below six* is Red Skull, who's supposed to be a little bit of a wuss.

*I know Spidey and Venom have "4"s on their cards, however spider sense gives them an effective defense higher than 6.

Last edited by Xn F M; March 11th, 2010 at 03:01 AM. Reason: spider sense, not swing line
Old March 10th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Awww ... but now you have to share what you have.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 11th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Gets It!!!

I've updated the Shatterstar card, fixing the number confusion in Charging Assault, and increasing his defense to five.

I'm considering adding an "idea mill" to this thread. Basically this would be a place for half-conceived custom ideas that I'm not ready develop into table-ready customs (frankly I won't post anything in card-format that I don't intend on trying to bring in line with Marvel/CG3 [you know, official Super-scape]).

Old March 16th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Gets It!!!

Whoo, double post.

Anyway updated Shatterstar to five life. After getting in a game of Super-Heroscape this weekend with Xotli and SSX, I was reminded just how fragile heroes of this power level are in a straight superhero game. So I'm bumping up his life total to five just to give him a little bit of help getting where he need to be with all the big, scary ranged attackers running around. I also picked up the mini (as well as a couple more cool guys that I really want to figure out customs for) and I've confirmed that five hight is correct. So if I get up off my butt this weekend I'll get some playtesting in and play around with the cost. Once I have one I'm comfortable with I'll get him posted to the big list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Idea Mill
I posted a little while ago about setting up an idea mill for card ideas that I'm not ready to put the time and effort into developing into something that someone could print out and play. Feel free to steal any ideas I post here, like I said these are things I don't know if I'll ever have the time to fully realize with any degree of quality so it's all fair game. This is what I'm thinking about:

Dark Beast - I'd probably steal Stealth Leap from the C3G card to help tie him in with the "official version." I like the idea of an alternate Hank McCoy being similar, but not the same as the one we all know.

To real defining aspect of the Dark Beast is that he's an experimental geneticist, he'll play with your DNA just to find out what happens. So as a sort of marquee ability I'd give him this:

Unknown Ability Name: At the beginning of the game place the enhancement counter* on a unique hero you control. Add one to that hero's attack, defense, and move values. The enhancement counter counts as a wound for the purposes of removing a figure from the battle and may not be removed from that figure this game.

*I'd probably specifically repaint a wound marker, but any non-red wound marker would work.

So in some ways he'd be a Super-Hero sized Viking Champion. There may be some broken synergies with the way that rough ability is worded, but nothing that I would think to be unfixable. Considering that I'll probably end up breaking down and shelling out the $$ for this guy when my tax return shows up a fully realized version might not be too far out. . . .
As a final note in tonight's ramblings, I picked up a couple packs of Heroclix after the SoCal gameday yesterday (It felt rude to spend all day in the game room at Game Empire without buying anything) so I've got some minis that I don't know what to do with but I'd love to have customs for. One of these in particular I feel really needs a heroscape custom. The Mutations and Monsters High Evolutionary figure may be the best looking heroclix figure I've ever seen but I know almost nothing about the character and the Wiki isn't all that helpful.

Old April 1st, 2010, 12:28 AM
Gets It!!!

Re: Xn's Super Hero Customs - Minor Shatterstar Update 3/15

So I've revised Shatterstar.

So I've reduced his life back down to four as I've found he doesn't need the fifth life point to get into melee when he's facing off against ranged figures. I've also upped his cost. In testing he went toe-to-toe with Kaemon Awa, beat up on Wo-Sa-Ga, and failed against Cyprien in two matches each. I was really surprised how much more dangerous and survivable this figure feels when compared to the similar Kaemon Awa. Most ranged figures don't have the mobility/range to kite him effectively* so you really don't have to worry about taking more than one hit before getting into engagement.

*C3G Green Arrow is at the top of my playtest list at the moment, because he seems like he might actually be able to kite Shatterstar for a turn or two and I'd like to see how that plays out.

Old April 1st, 2010, 02:57 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Xn's Super Hero Customs - Shatterstar Update 3/31

Shatterstar looks really good. I'd love to see some other customs.
Old April 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM
Gets It!!!

Re: Xn's Super Hero Customs - Shatterstar Update 3/31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Shatterstar looks really good. I'd love to see some other customs.
I'm working on it, I happened to pick up a Silver Savage, and a Galactus Zombie Wolverine out of a couple packs of clix I picked up the other day (I felt bad about all of us hanging out at the FLGS all day and not buying anything), so they're on my list at the moment. I also broke down and picked up that Dark Beast mini when my tax return came in so now I have to do something with it . . . .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations