Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: White dice with skulls and shields or seperate red/blue dice?
(new) white dice with skulls and shields 11 14.67%
(old) seperate red/blue dice with either skulls or shields. 64 85.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 13th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I prefer the new white dice. It takes less space and prevents grabbing the wrong dice. I am more than able to tell skulls from shields from blanks.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 13th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
We use the new dice. I agree that the old dice look better, but for actually playing, the new dice take up less space and are easier to use (in that you don't have to constantly switch between attack and defence dice).
Old July 13th, 2006, 11:06 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
I'm a new dice guy. They are the dice I first played with and I would probably use them even if I started with the red and blues.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old July 14th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillanator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Heck, I just use my clear acrylic red and blue dice ...
I gotta get me some of those.
you mean like these?

Last edited by GaryLASQ; April 8th, 2022 at 10:14 PM.
Old July 14th, 2006, 12:07 AM

Gambit has disabled reputation
arrrrg! curse you guys and your compleatly awsome dice!

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
a warhammer/HS site,im a mod there> www.miniwargames.net/forums
Old July 14th, 2006, 01:01 AM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
I have the old kind, red attack dice and blue defense dice.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old July 14th, 2006, 01:53 AM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
I have had a couple people try to sway me, ( looking in your direction NWo,), but 'old school, R&B is the way to go.
Old July 14th, 2006, 01:09 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've said it before I don't like the white combo dice. When I'm on Defense I want to see shields and then blanks, but it irriatates to see skulls come up ( seams like a waste ). I could have used them last turn. It seam like if I need Skulls I get shields and if I need Shields I get Skulls, I would feel less bad if just blanks would come up.

The poll is very lop-sided, I remember on HQ the same poll and it was almost 50-50 and I think the new dice had the edge.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old July 15th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yeah it's pretty lopsided. So who wants to trade me some of their unwanted white dice for some of my unwanted R/B dice?

Old July 15th, 2006, 10:09 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Yeah it's pretty lopsided. So who wants to trade me some of their unwanted white dice for some of my unwanted R/B dice?
I could always use spare dice ( in the fears I'll wear the marks off my Red & Blue ). I didn't check to see if you are going to Gen-Con but if you are we could trade there.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old July 15th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'll send a couple of sets with ninthdoc.

Old July 16th, 2006, 01:41 AM

morgonis has disabled reputation
i use the R&B dice as well, i just like the quick glance obvious blank or no blank

i do hear some concern with dice symbols wearing off.....primary causes of that would be holding the dice when not useing them, dumping liquids on them or dropping them into liquids...generally speaking if you leave them on the table except when actully rolling and keep them dry, they should last ya years and years, and if they fade off in 10 years, bust out another set you had in a bag somewhere *grins*.....been playing dice games for 16 years or so...and in some cases still useing the original dice

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion