Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 3rd, 2022, 01:18 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

He overhangs a large single like DW9000, so I'm thinking Large. Also, Q10 was Large.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 01:22 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
He overhangs a large single like DW9000, so I'm thinking Large.
The Frost Giant and Moltenclaw were also single-space, but Huge all the same.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 02:10 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
@Dad_Scaper, now that the campaign page is up, with all the figure reveals, can you talk about figure sizes? Specifically, which ones are Large?

I'm unsure if Kayne is Large or Huge, pretty sure all the bears are Large. Q-11, certainly. Ewashia, Cornelius and the Dreadnauts might be Large?
Any others?

The other big figures seem obviously Huge. Scion of the Wild, for example.
I think I am the only member of the War Council to have held some of the prototype sculpts in my hands. They are gorgeous. The quality of the sculpts is noticeably higher than original 'Scape, but in my opinion it still has a certain chonkiness that makes it look like Heroscape. As opposed to WH, or whatever.

But I did not see any of the bigger sculpts myself. We all saw the same video from Pulse, and the same early picture from GenCon, with the dragon figure.

I know which designs are size Large or size Huge figures, but I don't think that would be helpful to you (beyond what you can see in the video, etc), and it's probably also in the zone of Stuff I Can't Discuss. Because I can't discuss specific designs.

Generally, I've seen diagrams of how big the new sculpts are supposedly, and I think you will see several sculpts that are noticeably huge (like the dragon; you've already seen an early prototype), and also some that will be quite (thematically, and suitably) small, with a healthy mix of sizes in those in between.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 3rd, 2022, 03:35 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere (I'm sure it has) but do we know if any of the squads in the new set are common? Has it been confirmed that they're all unique? We're in for one set and I'm just wondering if there's any reason to get a second one (besides terrain)?
Old October 3rd, 2022, 03:36 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
My apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere (I'm sure it has) but do we know if any of the squads in the new set are common? Has it been confirmed that they're all unique? We're in for one set and I'm just wondering if there's any reason to get a second one (besides terrain)?
They are all unique.

The main reasons I can think of (besides terrain) to buy more than one set are:
- helping make sure the campaign is successful
- giving figures away to new players
- trying different paint jobs out
- reselling exclusives to recoup overall costs

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 3rd, 2022, 04:26 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
They are all unique.

The main reasons I can think of (besides terrain) to buy more than one set are:
- helping make sure the campaign is successful
- giving figures away to new players
- trying different paint jobs out
- reselling exclusives to recoup overall costs
- Allowing more than one player to use a unit in their army.

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old October 3rd, 2022, 04:34 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
In case you and bunjee both want to be pirates.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 3rd, 2022, 05:05 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The figures all lok great to me, I'm impressed by the size and creativeness of some of them. The dragon and queen are awesome, and I really like how cool the ball of bugs is. Plus the zeppelin looks cool sitting on the map among the other figures, never would have thought of that one myself and it takes Heroscape in a cool new direction
Old October 3rd, 2022, 07:15 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

At this point, I'll take just giving us printed cards or even just the PDF's of the cards for the stretch goal units with how far off 16K is.

Just use an original Sgt. drake, an original Shiori, a repainted DW9K with more blue/grey for Q11 since the new version is a single based unit, an original Sonlen on top of Mimring, and an original Raelin repainted in black/red on top of Dund with an extra pair of Mimring wings jammed into it.

Better than feeling like we missed out on them. These minis are dirt cheap and plenty, and hey, they're painted, right? Dund deserves a 2.0.......maybe........

Upset City Baby.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 07:24 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
bunjee is a ninja agent, she can't be a pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 07:29 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Dund deserves a 2.0.......maybe........
Can’t improve on perfection 😎
Old October 3rd, 2022, 07:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
bunjee is a ninja agent, she can't be a pirate
We don't put limits on Bunjee.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion