Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:22 AM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker
Re: June 29 Western PA bi-monthly - Planet Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pi the Math Guy View Post
I have been focusing all my on the other planets but Earth. As I was looking through the list, the old melee gladiator army comes to mind. It is set up perfect for this point value.

Spartacus 200
Capuan Gladiators x 4 280

It is easy order marker management and you get 4 turns every round, plus the INITIATIVE advantage and the common squads get +1 for both offense and defense.
Yeah, I have been pasted by gladiator armies a few times. I have always liked the redcoats myself. Very versatile. i finally have more than one squad, so I want to try 10th x 5 and Marcus.

Barring random weirdness, Hosey and I will be there. And we should be good for at least one map. I can probably bring two if needed.

I see there are no maps with Jungle on the list yet, so I will bring Fulcrum.

Last edited by hose; June 3rd, 2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Map I am bringing...
Old June 9th, 2013, 01:37 PM

Mr. Pi the Math Guy is surprisingly tart

Is there anyone close to the North Hills of Pittsburgh that wants to get together and play prior to the tournament?
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:34 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I'm a definite (as well as my brother) and I'll be bringing my The Hotways or the Highways.
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:48 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Also, since I'm a definite, I'm able to allow someone to use HoSS' Han Solo. So, if you're doing an Earth themed army, let me know (or any themed army, I don't know how Nirek wants to work that).

Han is a multi-attacker and ranged threat (on offense and defense) for 120pts.

If you're interested PM me. I'll doing "first come, first serve" terms so hurry! Once someone PMs me wanting to use him, I'll PM you his "Word Draft"*. Then at the tourney you'll get the card/figure.

Finally, the person that uses Han will get to keep his card and the figure**.

*Please don't share this with anyone for confidential sake.

**The figure is Han Solo #7 - Rebel Storm.
Old June 10th, 2013, 05:26 PM

Along with bringing The Hotways or the Highways, I'm able to build Marsh Manor by brandonwiker*.

*I'll need someone to bring the TJ though.
Old June 10th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

How exactly would Han fit in with planet wars? He wouldn't actually be from any of the 'Scape planets; do we just want to count him as being from Earth like the other humans?

I've yet to put together my army, so if no one else has yet jumped on doing this for you guys, I might (we'd want to figure out how he fits into the format first, though).

Also, how many maps do we want? If we still want/need more, I'll bring a custom one.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old June 10th, 2013, 06:11 PM

June 29 Western PA bi-monthly - Planet Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
How exactly would Han fit in with planet wars? He wouldn't actually be from any of the 'Scape planets; do we just want to count him as being from Earth like the other humans?
This is what I would say.

However, Nirek was kinda on the edge of allowing Han (because of the awkward situation it presents) and asked if I could hold it off until the next tourney in August, but by then we (HoSS) will have released the Master Set and there will be no use in a "promo".

At the end of the day, it's up totally up to Nirek (and, of course, everyone playing at the tourney). I have a backup idea for if Nirek doesn't want to allow Han, but I'll present it if it comes to that.

Last edited by Sheep; June 10th, 2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old June 13th, 2013, 03:05 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Is there anyone close to the North Hills of Pittsburgh that wants to get together and play prior to the tournament?
I would like to, but I just don't have any free time before this tourney. Maybe next time.
Old June 16th, 2013, 02:30 PM

Mr. Pi the Math Guy is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose View Post
Quote:
I would like to, but I just don't have any free time before this tourney. Maybe next time.
That sounds good to me.
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:41 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Okay, so I've been away for a bit, but I should be able to manage things a bit better now.

So in addition to the maps on the OP, we have:

Fulcrum brough by hose
Custom map brought by Viegon
and I will supply a jungle for HSer2010 to bring Marsh Manor

I'd say we should plan on one or two more at this time. Right now we have 7 maps.

We can add Nick and Andy to the attendees list and move hose and hosey to the attendees from the maybes (I think?), bringing us to 15 attendees with a few potentials still on the list. So we need at least 8 maps, maybe 9.

I could bring whatever BoV I have set up at the time, which will probably be Bad Moon Rising, but we did have that map last time.

As to Han Solo, let's roll with the plan we had last time, before HSer2010 realized he couldn't come. That means whoever wants him can bring him, and add him to his army. That player must also have 120 points of other figures which still meet the tournament criteria (same planet as his other figures). It's not a variable 120 points - what you'll use in Solo's stead should be on your player card you fill out to register. Whoever plays against the player who has Han Solo will have right of refusal - if you do no ant to play against Han, you may refuse, and the player with Han will replace him with the 120 alternate points.

Han will be counted as a figure from earth.

Does that work for everyone?
Old June 17th, 2013, 02:42 PM

Awesome. Rudy is the one that has the chance to use Han. I've also decided I'm going to hold a random drawing for another Han.

Thanks Nirek for allowing this and thanks for bringing that Jungle set for me.
Old June 17th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

The plan for Han sounds fine to me. I think that will work well.

Our group can bring a second map as well, if it's needed. I'll look through our terrain and let you know which ones we can do.

And on another note, I'm considering bringing an army with the Vulcanmech Inciendiborgs, but I don't have the figures. Is there anyone who would be willing to lend me the 'Borgs on gameday?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events