Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 30th, 2023, 09:29 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Well met!

It’s about the Borgias. Orion Welles is the head Borgia. Tyrone Power is the Hero. My favorite scene is when Welles is convinced by a henchman who supports Power to have his eyes put out, as opposed to killing him, and volunteers to do it himself. He pawns some grapes and has Power scream in agony, and then displays them to Welles.

Old December 30th, 2023, 09:41 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Wow; sounds sick without being too gory. I'll have to check it out.

PS: Come to think of it, I did see it a long, long time ago. And that's Orson Wells.

Last edited by chas; December 31st, 2023 at 07:53 AM.
Old December 30th, 2023, 09:42 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

On this last weekend of 2023 I've played two games of The Last Kingdom with George K. Everyone loves this game, and after his first games George was no exception.

Then a pal of his arrived to play Firefly The Game, which we did with one of the new yet unpublished scenarios he'd done as part of his contribution to the upcoming 20th Anniversary Edition.

Now I'm back to Project Ventura Rescue. As far as game revival, it reminds me of the heroic effort its designers made to improve Age of Conan. Years after it was remaindered, they bought up all the remaining FFG stock and published a great expansion while also making the original game available once again. So glad I kept that one!
Old January 1st, 2024, 04:28 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Gaming 2023. Life is busy as always so the total number of games isn't ever what I shoot for every year, but that's ok. I still love gaming. The last 4 CoV episodes out line my favorite games, my play-styles, and who I game with. Go check those out when you have an extra 10+ hours...

1. Heroscape - 126. This is a lot for me. Usually heroscape is anywhere from 5-10% of my total plays. I did A LOT of play-testing for the draft pools for Scape Con and the project Mike, myself, and 1 other individual has been working on that we hope to release very soon.

2. Lord of the Rings LCG - 85. I still love this LCG. I love Con of the Rings. Lonewolf got to go with me this year and it was a blast.

3. Dragon Dice - 45. I love the 4.0 rule set. SFR did a really nice job cleaning up some wonky rule interactions.

4. Marvel Champions the card game - 36. This is way down from last year. Maybe it's because I'm not as interested in X-Force as I was in Avengers and X-Men. I'm not sure why this dropped. It's still a great game.

5. Deliverance - 28. This game is new to me. I got it in early December. It's a great game of taking the Biblical narrative of Angels vs Demons and actually a good game. A lot of "Christian" games that I've played over the years have been pretty lame. This is a great pseudo dungeon crawl with a fun campaign.

6. Hoplomachus Remastered - 17. Chip Theory Games' gladiatorial combat game. It has 4 different modes and are all done very well.

7. Magic the Gathering - 16. Not my favorite at all really, but my kids like it and the LotR set pulled me in a bit this year.

8. Pathfinder Adventure Card Game - 15. Still one of my favorite campaign games.

8. Warfighter - 15. This might be a bit cheating, its both Warfighter Fantasy and Modern. Both are great. I'm really enjoying the campaign aspect of Fantasy.

10. Ashes Rise of the Phoenixborn - 14. A much better version of Magic the Gathering.

10. Terminator Dark Fate the card game - 14. Another newer game for me. I am a HUGE terminator fan. This does a nice job of working the movie into a card game.

12. GI Joe Deck builder - 13. A lot of nostalgia with this one, especially with the Transformers expansion. A fun tense coop deck builder.

12. Too Many Bones - 13. Chip Theory's game best game to date. (Looking forward to Elder Scrolls next fall). A dice chucking adventure game where you level up you character as you go.

14. Dice Throne - 12. Fun Fast vs dice game.

15. Gloom of Kilforth - 11. Another fun adventure leveling up style game. The art work is phenomenal in this game.

15. Tiny Epic Dungeons - 11. This is a great dungeon crawl in such a small box. You don't feel cheated either while you're playing. The design for this one is top notch. The best Tiny Epic game by far.

17. Dungeon Mayhem - 10. This is my favorite game to play with my kids.

17. Batman Love Letter - 10. Another one I enjoy with the kids. A better version of the OG Love Letter.

17. Star Wars Deck Builder - 10. Caleb Grace's newest game. It a better version of Star Realms.

17. Welcome to the Dungeon - 10. One of the best filler games still out there.

17. Marvel Zombies - 10. The simplest and probably best Zombicide so far.

9 plays each
Marvel United
Maximum Apocalypse

8 plays each
Fairy Tale
Last Bastion

7 plays each
Chronicles of Avel
Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza

6 plays each
20 Strong
Mistfall

5 plays each
Dominion
Holpomachus Victorum
Spot It

4 plays each
Altar Quest
Bardsung
Down in Flames
Drako
Mage Knight
Secret Hitler
Hexplore It

3 plays each
Aeon's End
Arcadia Quest
Chess
Claustrophobia
David and Goliath
Elder Sign
Godtear
King's Armory
Lasting Tales
Lord of the Rings Journey's in Middle Earth
Quicksand
Space Hulk Death Angel
Imperial Assault
Tiny Epic Defenders
Legendary: Aliens

2 plays each
Apocrypha: Adventure Card Game
Blitzkrieg: World War 2 in 20 minutes
Castle Panic
Cloudspire
Dragon Slayer
Folklore: the Affliction
Forbidden Island
Iron Man 2: Game of War
King of Tokyo
Massive Darkness 2
Sheriff of Nottingham
Street Masters
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past
Tiny Epic Tactics
War of the Ring: the card Game
Xenoshyft
Resistance: Avalon
One Deck Dungeon
Zombicide

1 game each
10 Days in the USA
51st State
Agricola Family Edition
Bang! the dice Game
Battlestar Galactica
Blink
Catacombs
Chicken War
Darkest Night
Defenders of the Realm
Dungeon Roll
Fairy Tile
A Few Acres of Snow
Gruff
Herd Your Horses
Hero Realms
Hive
Hour of Need
Kids Create Absurdity
Dragonholt
Mage Wars
Nuns on the Run
Oathsworn
Pirate vs. Pirate
Roll For Adventure
Set A Watch
Shadows Over Camelot
Slappy Camper
Time of Legends Joan of Arc
Undaunted
Tiny Epic Galaxies
The Walking Dead: The Board game
UNO
Yggdrassil
Z Pocalypse 2: Defend the Burbs

742 plays over 108 different games. If you have any questions on any of the games, please ask.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; January 2nd, 2024 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Euros are lame
Old January 16th, 2024, 12:04 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Saturday: Dwellings of Eldervale, Blood Rage, Champions of Midgard and a car racing game whose name I forget.

Sunday: Everdell Farshore.

Today: Thunderstone Advance Numenera, Lorcana and Islebound.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; January 16th, 2024 at 12:26 AM.
Old January 21st, 2024, 09:51 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Yesterday: 7 Wonders Architect, Azul Queen's Garden, Elder Sign and Dungeon of Fortune.

Today: Everdell Farshore and Dungeon of Fortune.

Old January 30th, 2024, 05:03 AM

Tapestry and Islebound.

Old January 30th, 2024, 08:27 AM

1. I just played my first game of Ventura with a live opponent after four solitaires. We played two games in 3 hours, and my pal loved it. He wants to try it again with more players. I have a date in February to play with Taeblewalker and possibly this first opponent again if he can make it. We're playing my tweaked rules, which you can see on BGG.

2. Dune: War For Arrakis, which is a huge CMON Kickstarter, is just starting to deliver. My neighbor who is also backing it just got a delivery label notice. I'm very busy following all the BGG discussions and videos on it. I can hardly wait, and expect to start playing it in February. (And of course Part II of the movie is just coming out as well).
Old January 30th, 2024, 01:35 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I just got CMON's Cyberpunk yesterday. Was delivering at about the same time as Dune yeah. Very excited to get it to the table.
Old January 31st, 2024, 10:54 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Ken convinced me to track my plays this year. My goal is to average 1 a day.

January
63 Plays
48x Flesh and Blood (my favorite game; the new set is fantastic)
11x HeroScape (my second favorite game; 5 times at a tournament, 6 times finishing up the project with Ken and a few others that will be releasing soon)
1x Notre Dame (fantastic eurogame)
1x Tokaido (good, tight, light family game)
1x Kanagawa (very interesting and tight family/family + game)
1x Demon Worker (extremely tight euro that ends way sooner than you'd think)
Old February 1st, 2024, 08:23 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Have a 'friend con' coming up in a few weeks, been playing solo Learn to Play sessions:

D.E.I.

Vindication

Atiwa

Dog Park

-insert signature here-
Old February 2nd, 2024, 12:06 AM

The Green Team Wins, Fire and Axe and Gasha.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games