Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old July 11th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3V Tournament Basing Standards?

I have debased and rebased my C3V, here are my suggestion. The smaller Confrontation/AT-43 minis (Havech Eradicators, Gnids, Kira Jax) don't have to be rebased if you don't want to do it. Just some sanding makes them work. Now for the Blade Dancers and Zaeus, I rebased Zaeus, and 2 Blade Dancers, when I decided to rerebase the Blade Dancers. This is due to the fact these minis have extremely tough plastic to cut through, and their bases fit just fine. The DnD, Clix, and large minis do need a rebase though. If you are having trouble with the rock on Zetacrons foot, do this. I put him in a pot of boiling water for 15 seconds. Then, using a flat-headed X-Acto knife (Careful, any wounds with this are long term), I sat there and worked my way around the rock, and managed to pry it off. That is what I ended up doing. All in all the minis here are really cool, and it is great if the tournament allows them. Just make sure to do what I didn't. Read the card very thoroughly, and make sure that you have your opponent and the 2 people next to you read the card before you play. You don't want to make mistakes. My Zombie Hulks were absolutely OP because of it.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:34 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

What kind of glue would you guys recommend for rebasing purposes? I remember reading somewhere that Krazy Glue works well. Can anyone confirm this or suggest a different alternative.

Last edited by The CEE; July 11th, 2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old July 11th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I use Loctite Super Glue Control Gel. It holds well, doesn't run, and it's easy to get the right amount in the right spot.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 11th, 2011, 09:31 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I use Loctite Super Glue Control Gel. It holds well, doesn't run, and it's easy to get the right amount in the right spot.
That's what I use

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old July 15th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anyone have any short cuts for the Skeletons when it comes to sanding their bases. I have been using sand paper, but they are so thick it takes quite a bit of elbow grease and is inefficient. Has anyone taking it to a disc or belt sander?

A disk or belt sander may be a little dangerous...but a Sanding bit for a Dremel tool works for me.

Last edited by ZBeeblebrox; July 18th, 2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old July 18th, 2011, 12:06 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
If you are having trouble with the rock on Zetacrons foot, do this. I put him in a pot of boiling water for 15 seconds. Then, using a flat-headed X-Acto knife (Careful, any wounds with this are long term), I sat there and worked my way around the rock, and managed to pry it off. That is what I ended up doing.
Can Zetacron stand up straight if you remove the rock? I was going to re-base Zetacron and would prefer to remove the rock, but I don't want my Zetacron to lean to the side. What have most people done?
Old July 18th, 2011, 01:52 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

If you glue his lowest foot flat to the base, he'll stand up fine. It looks like he's in mid stop. Make sure you keep his center of gravity over the base though, or he'll tip.
Old July 18th, 2011, 04:39 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
If you glue his lowest foot flat to the base, he'll stand up fine. It looks like he's in mid stop. Make sure you keep his center of gravity over the base though, or he'll tip.
Thanks but I prefer my double spaced figures to have two feet on the floor.
I think that I'm going to keep the rock.
Old July 18th, 2011, 04:41 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
If you are having trouble with the rock on Zetacrons foot, do this. I put him in a pot of boiling water for 15 seconds. Then, using a flat-headed X-Acto knife (Careful, any wounds with this are long term), I sat there and worked my way around the rock, and managed to pry it off. That is what I ended up doing.
Can Zetacron stand up straight if you remove the rock? I was going to re-base Zetacron and would prefer to remove the rock, but I don't want my Zetacron to lean to the side. What have most people done?
I assume you guys were actually talking about Omegacron, not Zetacron.
Old July 18th, 2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
I assume you guys were actually talking about Omegacron, not Zetacron.
Yes.
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:18 PM
Creamed by Corn

He can, he just looks a little weird. I think the rocks adds flavor as well. Makes him look kind of cooler, like he is standing above and commanding. Having seen Omegacron's card, it is fitting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs