Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old October 13th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: FIRST STRIKE: How would YOU do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I would accept @Lazy Orang 's mod of @johnny139 's above. But also, you could make engagement strike more powerful:
FIRST STRIKE
When an opponent’s small or medium figure move into engagement with a [figure] or if [figure] moves into engagement with an opponent's small or medium figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, the opponent’s figure receives a wound.

Alternate:
FIRST STRIKE
When an opponent’s small or medium figure move into engagement with a [figure] or if [figure] moves into engagement with an opponent's small or medium figure, roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, the opponent’s figure (cannot roll defense dice and receives a wound) OR (receives one unblockable hit).

P.S. I like these "How with YOU do it?" threads. Makes it one step closer to having a joint effort of Heroscape cards based of AotP cards. You should make a master thread linking all the other threads.
Honestly, that feels like a better representation of a First Strike, to me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 17th, 2015, 06:23 AM

psyShock is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I would do something like this:

First Strike:
When attacking an enemy you roll so many additional Attack Dices the enemy have defense
( Sorry for my english ^^, i mean with that if you have 2 Attack and the enemy have 2 defense you roll 4 Attack dice)

When defending: all the swords you roll do damage to the attacking enemy, Shields on the enemy roll reduce this damage.
Old October 24th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

2.3) FIRST STRIKE
When this Abattoir Ghoul rolls attack or defense dice, it rolls first. For each crossed weapons symbol rolled, the opponent's figure rolls 1 less die.
4) FIRST STRIKE
Players must roll for initiative at the beginning of each round. Add 1 to your initiative rolls.
4.2) FIRST STRIKE
Players must roll for initiative at the beginning of each round. Add 1 to your initiative rolls. When choosing a figure to activate for your first turn in a round, you must choose a figure with first strike, if possible.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; November 17th, 2015 at 12:08 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2018, 10:21 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

FIRST STRIKE
This figure may attack before moving.

FIRST STRIKE (defense)
Each time this figure is chosen for an attack by an adjacent figure, it immediately rolls attack dice against the targeting figure. ~

Old April 3rd, 2018, 02:35 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Why not just use the "First Strike" verbiage from the AoTP sorcery card "Seize the Initiative". It states "Whenever a creature you control attacks, if you roll more hits than the defending figure has toughness, the defending player rolls no dice this attack." Alternatively in Heroscape verbiage it could read "First Strike: When you attack with a figure you control if you roll more skulls than the defending figure has defense, the defending figure does not get to roll defense dice during this attack."
Old April 3rd, 2018, 04:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That feels more like an Overwhelm type power. Something a big brute uses against a lesser foe.

I like the engagement strike version.
Old April 3rd, 2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That feels more like an Overwhelm type power. Something a big brute uses against a lesser foe.

I like the engagement strike version.
I agree with Tornado on this one.

"mauling" as some have called it is a good enough power, but it doesnt to me fit the feel of first strike. I imagine that to be haste, accurate, ... something else.

Old April 4th, 2018, 07:52 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

How about just reusing something like this from C3G's Shi?

SWIFT STRIKE
If Shi is targeted by an opponent's figure for a normal, adjacent attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, the attacking figure receives a wound.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 4th, 2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post

SWIFT STRIKE
If Shi is targeted by an opponent's figure for a normal, adjacent attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, the attacking figure receives a wound.
That's the thing tho - a reactive/ defensive power. I've thought of versions of these.
And they work, but it's not precise
It's not quite yet first strike

Old April 4th, 2018, 12:35 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:

SWIFT STRIKE
That's the thing tho - a reactive/ defensive power. I've thought of versions of these.
I don't think you're going to get better. Combat between participants just isn't simultaneous in the Heroscape system - something that allows you to 'counterstrike' before the opponent's attack is probably the best you're going to get.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 4th, 2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:

SWIFT STRIKE
I don't think you're going to get better. Combat between participants just isn't simultaneous in the Heroscape system - something that allows you to 'counterstrike' before the opponent's attack is probably the best you're going to get.
What were your thoughts on initiative?

Old April 5th, 2018, 12:05 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

I have been giving this quite come thought and Lazy Orang makes a great point that the Heroscape system does not match well with MTG. I also agree with Confred that nothing so far has the right feel for First Strike. How about something like the following: "First Strike - When your figure is targeted for a normal adjacent attack, before rolling defense dice make an immediate attack." This way your figure utilizing First Strike has the ability to potentially destroy the other figure first, which does capture the intent of First Strike. Alternately, if you wanted to be a little more potent here is another version: "First Strike - When your figure is targeted for a normal adjacent attack, before rolling defense dice make an immediate attack. After rolling defense dice all excess shields count as unblockable hits."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender