Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 29th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
S1R_ART0R1US's custom obstacles Updated: 5/30

Hello, this is the first time I've ever tried anything like this. I made a tudor style house out of a tissue box, popsicle sticks, tape, cardboard, wire and some fancy scrapbooking paper.

The tissue box with roof.

The popsicle sticks, painted with a brown-waterwash.

Completed basic frame.

Door added (with sister's hands in the way)

Once I actually get some terrain , I'll put it on there and post pictures. It takes up 9 hexes. I also have a bridge I made with teekay's terrain pdfs, foam core board, tape and wire

ADDITION:
Here are some pictures of the house on terrain with Mr. Mittens.

The first bridge didn't turn out to well, so I made another one that's seven hexes long with popsicle sticks.

I started off laying down popsicle sticks over teekay's pdfs.

I then glued them together, set them on sticks I had laid on the base, let dry and tada. Here is another pic.

I also created a group of either spider eggs or dragon eggs, can't decide.
I found these wierd seed-type things walking my dog, so I took them, put some fake grass on a piece of cardboard and stuck the seed-things on there. I then put some steel wool over them to make it "web-like". I think it would be better if I painted the steel wool white. Anyway, here's some pics.

ADDITION 11/02/07: I read Raudulfr's Marro Bone Structure and tried to make one, but I didn't have any paint that I could use (and am too cheap to buy some), so I turned the Marro Bone Structure into a rock formation similar to Stonehedge, but more arched.

I painted them grey after a coat of flour/glue. I then filled the cracks with an oil pastel crayon thingy.

ADDITION 11/6/07: This is a pretty small update. I used a seven hex to represent the inside of the house I made and made a rug to go in it. I also made a table.

Here's a picture of the Sacred Band storming the house with their courageous leader, Marcus.

ADDITION 11/9/07: I started off today making a well out of some piping I had. I wrapped it in multiple layers of tape to try and give it some texture.

I then gave it multiple layers of paint.

After painting, I started on some LOTR figures I had gotten from Burger King as toys. I painted to resemble statues.

Here all all of the statues I painted, the well, and an additional table for my house interior.

ADDITION 11/10/07: After posting this idea in Jake Andy's customs thread, I decided to do it myself. I don't have the RotV Master Set, so I made these wooden fortifications to act as the ruins in RotV. I started by laying down bits of popsicle sticks on the tile and gluing them too foam board, with the correct spacing.

I then glued the frames of the walls to the base. (I ran out of popsicle sticks, and had already eaten all the lime bars , so I used some cardboard for one of them.

This is the backside of one of the barricades.

And the front...

I plan on painting them, but that probably won't be for another four days.

ADDITION 11/14/07: Right on time, I'm posting pictures of the painted walls. I also added some Spanish moss to the walls. I'm pretty happy with the way that these turned out.

Here's a picture of those weird seed pod things I found. Any suggestions on what to do with them would be appreciated.

ADDITION Thanksgiving: I made an additional wall with the moss on it.

I also painted the long bridge with light brown paint.

Also, I made a hanging cage with toothpicks, popsicle sticks, wire, foam, cardboard, nails, glue, and paint. I glued two sticks together, used popsicle stick scraps to make the support. I glued the toothpicks together to make the cage. I then stuck the painted frame in foam. I used short nails to affix the foam to the cardboard. I used the wire to attach the cage to the frame. I then glued all the moss to the base and let it dry.

Also, I'm starting a ruined wall I made out of foam. I still need to paint it.

UPDATE 12/8/07: I painted the ruin wall last night and also put some more LOS and movement blockers. Here is the painted wall.

Also in that picture is a tower I made. I haven't found out how high it is yet, but I will.
I finally used those wierd seed-pods things and just put them into a monster pile. It takes up three hexes.

I also made pit traps that fit pretty well with the swamp terrain following Hahma's pieces.

Addition 5/30/08: I am almost finished with two houses, which are much better than my first. I used thin foam from Micheals and carved stone patterns in it with a pencil.

I painted it black and then drybrushed gray over it.

I used faux fur to create the roof as well.

Last edited by S1R_ART0R1US; May 30th, 2008 at 10:56 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles