Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 18th, 2009, 02:01 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Scape-A-Palooza II-NHSD 2009 Wrap Up Thread

Great turnout and excellent system! I hope we play like that again soon!

A Army:
Crixus, Spartacus, Gladiators X2 and Isamu

B Army:
Hive, Dividers X2 and stingers x3.

Played 10 games, went 5/5 and only swapped armies once (and got decimated by my own steamroller!

Was great to see everyone and to play with some new players! Great games all around!

The gameshow was hilarious as well! Grats Arp on your rain-man-like bout of scape knowledge!

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old October 18th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
...mega quote, snipped for obvious reasons
...and you got a Skahen
True, and W9 Heroes! It was an epic conclusion to my day - play a ton of awesome games and then go home with more figs than I started with!

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; October 18th, 2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: .
Old October 18th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That was a great day!
It's not a failure if you had fun and I certainly did. I lost nearly every game I played that day.

I want to thank all the cool people who set up maps, supported the prize table, arranged for the room, enjoyed scaperdy, and helped clean up at the end of the night.

As far as scaperdy goes heres what I learned.
- There are alot of words in the heroscape universe that are hard to spell
- If you don't know the answer don't guess and test (it's not like math)
- Grungebob is a hairstylist, and someone else here had a very boring blog for several months.
-Nobody knows storyline any better than they know that Steve Baker was one of the makers, poor Steve.

Aftermath
- Swiss cake rolls make the pain go away. lol (thanks Mombo101)

Oh yeah, If anyone plaed some games on Cross trails I'd like to hear about it. Just post in my map thread. Thanks

It looks like this

Last edited by Darkmage7a; October 18th, 2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old October 18th, 2009, 09:32 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post

Aftermath
- Swiss cake rolls make the pain go away. lol (thanks Mombo101)
I'm just glad I wasn't set on fire like TomCollins2000 threatened to do if you lost Scaperdy.

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:14 AM

Luthien Woo who?

Quote:
Alishia (sp) 6-0
It's Alysha, but that's not the worst misspelling I've ever seen.

I had a great time playing and meeting some new scapers. I also enjoyed beating my friends, of course.

These were my armies:

A Army
Zelrig
3x 10th Regiment
Guilty McCreech

B Army
Atlaga
3x Minions of Utgar
Marcu Esenwein

I played 6 games, using my A Army three times, my B Army twice, and one switch. I really liked that format and thought it kept things interesting all day. It was nice to have an opponent almost instantly after finishing one game. And being able to take a break to go get food. The laid back approach was good while still maintaining an atmosphere of friendly competition.

nyys- I played a game against your son and I just wanted to say that he was a great player! That was the game we ended up switching armies and he did very well, despite not having used the units in my army much before.

-Luthien/Alysha
Shackling your mind since 2006.
Old October 19th, 2009, 09:24 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
But all I have to say is Nyys, your son is an awesome player. He seriously took out my Team A with half of his orcs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
nyys- I played a game against your son and I just wanted to say that he was a great player! That was the game we ended up switching armies and he did very well, despite not having used the units in my army much before.

Thanks guys, that's great to hear. My biggest fear going into the whole thing was how he would handle victory and defeat. Sounds like he was gracious with everyone, I guess I'm doing something right.

My battle reports are coming at some point.

-insert signature here-
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:11 PM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
4-6

Well didn't have the best record, but it was a blast. Great to see some familar faces and meeting a few new people also. There were some great close games during the day. I really have to get out to more tournies this year.

From games of epicly failed dice rolls(Onacara you know what I am talking about) to watching Nyys in deep thought over how to use my elven wizards it was a great day.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:23 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Thanks guys, that's great to hear. My biggest fear going into the whole thing was how he would handle victory and defeat. Sounds like he was gracious with everyone, I guess I'm doing something right.
I would absolutely agree that little nyys was a good sport about losing.

Actually, this time around I only got to game with kids: ona, nyys, lobo.

All played well and were gracious both when doing well and poorly.

(I wasn't trying to pick on little kids. They just happened to be the only people free when I was free. And remember, I used Dund twice so I'd suggest that little ona and little nyys had the advantage. I switched armies, though, with little lobo. Felt a little bad about that, but he didn't seem to mind.)

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:48 PM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
The Mrs.

Nyphot it was great seeing you and Tina again this year. Your wife actually took to the elven wizards well, either way it was a good game.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I had a great time. Thanks Onacara, Aeston, prize-donaters etc. for putting it all together. Good to see everyone as always.

I went 6-2 over the day (eight games of 'scape ): 5-0 with my A army (Knights x3, Denrick, Finn, Marro Warriors); 1-1 with my B army (Dividers x4, Ninjas, Deathwalker 8000); 0-1 on a switch with Onacara Jr (Su-Bak-Na, Dividers x2, Stingers x3). [Hmm, I had thought I was 7-2, but I'm also fairly sure of the scores for each army. ]

I might write up some proper battle reports or, more likely, just note a couple of cool incidents as I have time.
Old October 19th, 2009, 02:18 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I had a great time. Thanks Onacara, Aeston, prize-donaters etc. for putting it all together. Good to see everyone as always.

I went 6-2 over the day (eight games of 'scape ): 5-0 with my A army (Knights x3, Denrick, Finn, Marro Warriors); 1-1 with my B army (Dividers x4, Ninjas, Deathwalker 8000); 0-1 on a switch with Onacara Jr (Su-Bak-Na, Dividers x2, Stingers x3). [Hmm, I had thought I was 7-2, but I'm also fairly sure of the scores for each army. ]

I might write up some proper battle reports or, more likely, just note a couple of cool incidents as I have time.
Ollie, I heard you're close to 100 tournament games played, that true?

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old October 19th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
Ollie, I heard you're close to 100 tournament games played, that true?
Not only close---I've played exactly 100! (Or 101 if my original hunch that I was 7-2 is right and I've miscounted the results for one of the armies.)

Random story from the start of the day. Your gang was talking while we were outside at the start of the day and I was on the periphery of the conversation and someone (you?) said that someone had shot two ducks this week. I only just managed to stop myself saying "That's nothing, I killed three with garden shears a couple of days ago". I figured, given that I didn't know about half of them, that it would have been heard as "Hello, I'm a bobble-hatted psycho". Yay for thinking before speaking.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day