Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 13th, 2022, 04:12 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Deadpool (III) - Playtesting

I think we ruled with Apollo/Midnighter that those kinds of effects stack. So 2 additional skulls.
Old March 13th, 2022, 04:17 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Thanks.
Old March 13th, 2022, 07:37 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I'd love for a version of Deadpool that realizes he's a Heroscape figure.
Old March 13th, 2022, 08:42 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I'd love for a version of Deadpool that realizes he's a Heroscape figure.
Deadpool (II)
Old March 13th, 2022, 09:30 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So, it looks like those those last two games were played with "I Needed Those" reducing attack, but the power only reduces Move and Range. Not sure if the tests are super viable if that's the case. Sorry if I'm misinterpreting here @MrNobody ; it could be easy to make that mistake since you were helping out so much with workshopping which I appreciate. I checked the SP history and that power has been unchanged since start of thread so it shouldn't come up again. Nevertheless, if it is easy to make that mistake, a change could be considered.

Other than that, when referencing power names in tests, I think "Me First", "Merc", and "I Needed Those" should work as shortenings, don't think it'll come up much after release. I mean if Frankenstein has SWORD OF THE ARCHANGEL MICHAEL power title it should be fine. I know C3G doesn't typically like quotation type powers and I agree they can look kinda tacky when I see them on heroclix cards, but I think for Deadpool it really gets his uniqueness across and is important to the design.

As for the healing being risky, I can see it would be really frustrating if it were played as reducing attack. Aside from that though I think DP being a risky, but rewarding figure to draft is pretty on-point for what the card should be.

If a change were made, we could drop the "Deadpool must subtract 1 from his Move and Range numbers for each Wound Marker on this card." if anyone else thinks it complicates the card too much. I like it, I think it gets across what's happening, but if anyone else thinks it's too confusing let us know. A minor possibility could be replacing that with another Teleport use to move to unengagement if he gets wounded or something, but I think he's pretty effective as is.

I think we need more tests before making any changes though.
Old March 13th, 2022, 10:09 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Ah damn yeah, my bad! Haven’t messed up a playtest that bad in a minute. So yeah, my thoughts are probably pretty invalid.

I got some other stuff going on, but if I get a chance I’ll redo those games for ya.

Last edited by MrNobody; March 15th, 2022 at 03:47 PM.
Old March 19th, 2022, 01:26 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Deadpool

Army Test 1
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphsonflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (900): Deadpool (300), Gamora II (300), Cable (275), Bob (25)
Team 2 (900): Loki II (400), Spider-Man 2099 (200), Spider-Army Recruit x3 (300)

Pre-game thoughts: N/A

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Special power usages:
Normal attack: 2 wounds inflicted (2 on Spider-Man 2099)
Me First: 0 teleports, 0 wounds inflicted
Merc with a Mouth: 0 wounds inflicted
I Really Needed Those: 0 wounds healed

Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Cable (2/5 wounds)

Post-game thoughts: Deadpool died pretty early here, without getting a chance to use his healing.

Army Test 2
Map: Castle Dracula (Custom Map)
Units: Team 1 (900): Deadpool (300), Silver Sable (200), Norn Spider-Man (170), Prowler (130), Ragdoll (100)
Team 2 (900): Magog (330), Damage (250), Cyclone (170), Stargirl (150)

Pre-game thoughts: N/A

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Special power usages:
Normal attack: 1 wounds inflicted (1 wound on Stargirl)
Me First: 3 teleports, 0 wounds inflicted on enemies
Merc with a Mouth: 2 wounds inflicted (2 on Damage)
I Really Needed Those: 8 wounds healed

Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Deadpool (2/6 wounds), Spider-Man (1/4 wounds), Prowler (0/4 wounds), Ragdoll (2/4 wounds)
Post-game thoughts: Like last time, Deadpool and Spidey felt like the winners here. Spidey for dealing damage, and Deadpool for just being a ridiculous wound sponge.
Here's some re-do tests for you. I played different opposing armies just for my own sanity, but Deadpool's armies are the same in both games.

Definitely felt less frustrating for the Deadpool player when played correctly. I still found the swingy healing to be a little difficult for the opposing player - the JSA spent all game pounding on him and just could never finish him off. Sometimes that's just how healing figures work, but I'd advise you to keep an eye on it going forward.

When I was talking about how much he has going on last time, I think Merc with a Mouth is the hotspot for that. It's always harder to recall things that happen passively on an opponent's turn like that. I felt like I was finally getting a handle on it during my final game, but it was definitely a power I had to actively work to remember. Combined with the fact that he's also reactively teleporting, it felt like a fair bit of headspace being taken up by a single unit.

I can't help but wonder if Merc would be served by being a little more active? Something like this:
Quote:
ATTACK = 4

MERC WITH A MOUTH
After Deadpool or a figure attacking Deadpool rolls attack dice for a normal attack, you may reveal and remove an Order Marker from this card to count all blanks rolled as additional skulls. If you do and that attack does not inflict any wounds, inflict a wound on the attacking figure for each blank rolled.
No clue if that would play well or if it would just feel like an attack booster for Deadpool, but something that required active participation like that would feel a lot better to me.

On the power names, I think dialogue is fine for this design, but I think they could be simplified. "Me First!" and "Crap, I Needed Those" feel a lot smoother just by cutting a few words.
Old March 19th, 2022, 02:42 AM

Thanks for the re-dos Nobody!
I'm down for those minor power title changes and I agree we should keep an eye on the healing moving forward, but don't wanna rush into editing it right now.

Does anyone have thoughts on the possible Merc change? I'm open to it if others think the design is taking up too much thought-space (although I'd probably wanna keep the attack at 5).
Old March 19th, 2022, 06:08 PM

"ME FIRST!"

"CRAP, I NEEDED THOSE"

Everyone okay with these changes?
Old March 19th, 2022, 06:28 PM
Just A Head

I’m obviously a .
Old March 21st, 2022, 06:19 PM

Alright I'm making those title changes.

Any more thoughts from anyone before next test?
Old March 22nd, 2022, 02:45 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As requested here is my game 1 results. Probably not much help as it was a one sided game. I never teleported as it would have only put Deadpool in a worse position and his opponents all had healing.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Deadpool III

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: 900 pts – Deadpool 300, Deathstroke 275, Tattooed Man, Terra VS 900 pts – Capwolf, Werewolf x4(Red, Blue, Yellow, and Pink)
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library