Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 27th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
New terrain?

Does WOTC have any new terrain in the works for 2010? Love the new DnD Master and the figures are great! Just don't want to be buying master sets all year.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old February 27th, 2010, 05:19 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: New terrain?

That we know of? No.

That they () know of? Well that's another question entirely

In all seriousness though, probably not. We just got the new Master Set not too long ago. Waves D1 and D2 are scheduled for release in March and sometime later in the year (like autumn). Right after WotC took over there was some question as to whether terrain expansions would continue at all because of profitability issues. They did have a desert expansion set up, but I doubt we'll see that any time soon if at all. Right now the current flavor is DnD. There have been no hints at another terrain expansion for this year.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 27th, 2010, 07:35 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

There have been long discussions and we'd all like to see them. At this point, even the playtesters have agreed that terrain sets in each color would be great. But there are no prospects of any right now.

In the meantime, if you're not a crafty guy yourself, you can buy all kinds of terrain, including custom stuff online. For example, I have 24 hex desert and snow pieces that others have made. There are also terrain 'mats' sold, flat paper hex sheets; the water ones are particularly useful. Good hunting!
Old February 27th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I highly recommend Cav's (I believe they are Cav's) Lexan terrain mats.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
They are Cav's.
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:30 AM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker

I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. Since WOTC used the single and triple spaced glaciers for D&D, they could use the 4 and 6 space for D&D as well. I don't think we'll see one this year but I still have hope that we will.
Old February 27th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnimaniac View Post
I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. Since WOTC used the single and triple spaced glaciers for D&D, they could use the 4 and 6 space for D&D as well. I don't think we'll see one this year but I still have hope that we will.
Personally I don't think they would do that. Thematically, do you really expect to see a huge glacier sized stalagmite in a cave?
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:02 AM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledpie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnimaniac View Post
Personally I don't think they would do that. Thematically, do you really expect to see a huge glacier sized stalagmite in a cave?

No, I don't. However, do you believe that the current direction is the only direction that WOTC is going? No, I don't either.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:45 AM

airdroppette Woo who?

I think for the next little while they are just going to continue releasing a couple double pieces with the booster packs. Dungeon and Snow pieces IMO, maybe because of the new elementals.
Maybe even some Lava pieces?
*crosses fingers*
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:47 AM

Gypsy has disabled reputation

How about a New Terrain set that makes heroScape a Green game?

A new Classic heroScape set that recycles all the old My Little Ponies!

Classic heroScape goes Green!

Sorry, land.scape, couldn't help myself...

"Finally, a New Exit from the Underdark..."
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:52 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
I'll second that. I've got several and they are invaluable as supplements for large maps, etc.

Also, there's another thread recommending custom tiles from LITKO. The price seems a little steep, but if you are jonesing for some different terrain, this might scratch the itch.

I just ordered the acid and tar (I'll post pics of how close they are to shadow tiles).

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old February 27th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdroppette View Post
I think for the next little while they are just going to continue releasing a couple double pieces with the booster packs. Dungeon and Snow pieces IMO, maybe because of the new elementals.
Maybe even some Lava pieces?
*crosses fingers*
The new sets will have glyphs, but they will not have any terrain.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News